Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Boar Is A Tenno Weapon People. (Sorry This Annoys Me)

Stormandreas

Are people forgetting that pretty much every faction except the Infestation are head-over-heels for Orokin technology? The Tenno, Grineer and Corpus all have weapons that are derived from Orokin technology. Captain Vor has a freakin' Orokin-hybrid personal pistol! It would therefore make sense that the Strun and Boar are based off of Orokin technology. The Grineer use the Strun a lot. Tenno, not so much, but it's available to them. Prime variants? It makes sense that the Tenno have better access to Orokin technology, since they are the most closely tied to the Orokin of the three races competing for technology. Any weapons that are strictly "Tenno" are still probably Orokin, just Orokin technology that the Grineer and Corpus haven't managed to get their hands on yet. Anything with Orokin origins seems to have a chance at getting a Prime version. We're probably not going to see Prime variants of STRICTLY faction-based weapons, like the Grakata, Gremlins, Hind, etc. Not sure how close the rest of Corpus technology is to Orokin stuff, so I can't comment on that.

Tinfoil hat time.

If you look at the Braton, you can see what looks like Corpus script on the weapon. Similar markings can also be found on the Snipetron/Lanka model.

If the Lotus is some kind of rebel Corpus AI, it would explain why she has access to Corpus weapon designs.

I'm glad someone else point this out, I've been staring at the side of my Braton and Lato a lot recently thinking "yup, that sure is pretty Corpus". But there are Prime variants of them, weapons designed by the Orokin. Maybe the Corpus just got to them first and started mass producing them.

Tin foil hat times lads.

Braton Prime was the original.

Corpus made the Mk1 that is a similar copy shooting a much smaller caliber bullet. Hence 65 round magazine, lower damage, lower ROF so that your dumb crewman don't spray and waste ammo everywhere, all done dozens of years ago.

Hence a re-imagining of the original Braton that they found in the original blue prints.

Corpus was also researching on to beam weapons then.

Lotus snagged/stole a copy of the Braton MK1 and refined it further into the mass produced Braton (larger bullets, smaller mag, better ROF, since Tennos are soldiers duh) that we all used today.

The Braton Vandal was then a Braton that is constructed with basically more refined or custom modifications that made it "better" (lore wise of course although at the moment it is a downgrade).

Edited by fatpig84

Now everyone, As far as I've seen, there has been a lot of confusion between whether the Boar is a Tenno or Grineer weapon (due to its design). This annoys me a LOT! As its clear it ISN'T a Grineer weapon.

Here is one reason why it isn't. IT HAS A PRIME! All Primed weapons and their standard counterparts, are Tenno based. (see list below)

Snipetron is a Corpus weapon and became a Vandal.

Strun is a Grineer weapon, and became a Wraith.

The Latron, Paris, Bronco, Skana, Dakra, Orthos, Fang and Reaper are all deffinite Tenno weapons. Thus by using this theory, the Boar is also one.

The Braton and Lato do not count, as they were the original weapons in the game, and so the Braton ended up being used by all factions (this COULD mean it may get a Wraith, but lets wait and see). Similarly for the Lato, but it wasn't used by other factions.

Now, lets also look at the description of the Boar Prime. "One of the first examples of Tenno craftsmanship, the BOAR PRIME offers a higher rate of fire and clip size with a slight decrease in damage per shot."

Yes, of TENNO craftsmanship. Remember the Primes were supposed to come first, so saying the Boar is a Grineer weapon or Grineer based, is completely false.

Ok, so remember everybody:

A Primed weapon is a Tenno weapon

A Vandal weapon is a Corpus weapon

A Wraith weapon is a Grineer weapon.

Braton and Lato are exceptions.

Well to be honest in CB the braton was TENNO lorewise, even if the artwork said "corpus" and was used just as a placeholder for crewmen.

Strun isn't grineer,it's tenno (there is the lotus mark on it), same with boar but srsly, i never heard someone thinking that BOAR wasn't tenno.§

Saying a Wraith weapon is a grineer weapon is so goddamn wrong.STRUN is a placeholder for trooper, and i am pretty sure they even said it before releasing sobek.It's clear as day that the design is anything BUT grineer.

Lato is also tenno,lorewise and design-wise, who the hell said that is corpus and on what argument?It's very similar to boltor, akbolto and other tenno weapons.

It is primed,so IT'S even more obvious that is tenno.

Now, again on the braton, look at the soma : it doesn't looks of tenno origins, just like the braton, only the description says that it is really made by tennos,but the look is more clean and near to corpus, if it wasn't for the yellow palette.

So yeah, lore and desing don't really complement each other :

Every tenno weapon probably will be primed :

Strun is tenno, we will have it's prime version.

Wraith is just a customization.

I like to speculate that the Prime weapons are all weapons of tenno/corpus/grineer that have died in the void, and the towers have corrupted the weapons. making them more powerful and warping their physical form :) But then again thats just my interpretation. 

Tenno designs looks ''elvish'' to my eyes and Grineer loooks ''russian'' or with some organic part... Corpus looks normal.

So if it doesn't look ''elvish'' or a bit organic then most likely it is an old Corpus design.

That makes Braton and Burston old Corpus designs that are probably based on even older Orokin designs that are now called Primes.

Boar could be a Grineer design but never a Tenno and personally I think that it is an old Corpus design.

Strun is Corpus or Grineer... doesn't look like a Tenno design at all.

Wraith weapons are Grineer weapons improved by the Tenno.

Edit: the Strun Wraith makes the original Strun a Grineer design.

Edit 2: Strun and Boar have the same design of the stock so if Strun is Grineer then Boar must be so too.

That would make all shotguns besides the Sweeper being of Grineer design.

Edited by RX-74

Now everyone, As far as I've seen, there has been a lot of confusion between whether the Boar is a Tenno or Grineer weapon (due to its design). This annoys me a LOT! As its clear it ISN'T a Grineer weapon.

Here is one reason why it isn't. IT HAS A PRIME! All Primed weapons and their standard counterparts, are Tenno based. (see list below)

Snipetron is a Corpus weapon and became a Vandal.

Strun is a Grineer weapon, and became a Wraith.

The Latron, Paris, Bronco, Skana, Dakra, Orthos, Fang and Reaper are all deffinite Tenno weapons. Thus by using this theory, the Boar is also one.

I wouldn't say that they are "definite Tenno weapons" seeing as how almost all of their weapons were designed from the Orokin versions (they tried to recreate the Orokin teachnology).

The Braton and Lato do not count, as they were the original weapons in the game, and so the Braton ended up being used by all factions (this COULD mean it may get a Wraith, but lets wait and see). Similarly for the Lato, but it wasn't used by other factions.

The Braton are original weapons that were created and manufactured orignally by the Corpus, The Tenno has them now, due to trade agreements with Corpus merchants/groups.

Now, lets also look at the description of the Boar Prime. "One of the first examples of Tenno craftsmanship, the BOAR PRIME offers a higher rate of fire and clip size with a slight decrease in damage per shot."

Yes, of TENNO craftsmanship. Remember the Primes were supposed to come first, so saying the Boar is a Grineer weapon or Grineer based, is completely false.

Yes, the Primes were first, because it was made by the Orokins, and the Tenno or regular versions are Tenno designs that the Tenno tried to copy and manufacture.

Ok, so remember everybody:

A Primed weapon is a Tenno weapon

A Vandal weapon is a Corpus weapon

A Wraith weapon is a Grineer weapon.

Actually the Primed weapons are Orokin weapons, that the Tenno has gotten a hold of through the Void, and/or whatnot.

Braton and Lato are exceptions.

The Braton was actually supposedly a Corpus manufactured weapon that was made available to the Tenno through trade agreements. Remember while we do fight the Corpus, not all Corpus groups are bad.

Edited by VoidWraith

Strun is a Grineer weapon,

I don't understand how you reach this conclusion, considering that the boar is literally a strun with a drum magazine. Aesthetically it shares nothing in common with other grineer weapons (eg Sobek, Hek), and as far as I know the only reason people think it's grineer in origin is that troopers use it on ship missions. But for a long while shield lancers used Sicarius (Sicarii?) instead of Vipers and lancers used Bratons instead of Grakatas.

Most probable theory is that actual braton snipetron and lato were created by corpus, we stole or got paid with it.

Lato? Nah, I think the Lato's a tenno gun based on the aesthetics. Tenno like their antique-looking firearms. Braton is probably a space Kalashnikov; something the Corpus sell in bulk for juicy profitsss.