Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please have mandatory mods be automatically intigrated into all weapons and warframes?

lightdragon64

On 2020-01-03 at 7:04 PM, lightdragon64 said:

With every warframe I have, these are mods that always get installed, no matter what warframe I choose (excluding Nidus and Inaros)

(Primed) Flow
(Primed) Vigor
(Primed) Continuity
Redirection
Vitality
Steel Fiber
Intensify.

See the problem yet?

That's 7 of the 10 mod slots taken up by mods that (in my honest opinion) are 100% necessary for every build I make, no matter how slight the deviation.
That leaves me with 3 slots to give my build some variation (technically 1 slot, because the other two slots are an aura slot and an exilus slot.)

The problem is, that there's a ton of mods available that offer some interesting change ups to the way you play the game that are ignored because there's no room for them.

This makes no sense. I can't even imagine one good build that would have all those mods on at once. Why do you have such an obsession with HP and shields? If you have more than 1-2 mods for survivability, something has gone horribly wrong, yet you claim that your put FOUR on almost every frame. How weak are your abilities, exactly? 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 1

I disagree. the capacity and # of slots is a delicate balance and I don't see any of the mods being MANDATORY for every build. In fact in some edge cases, I build things including weapons for MINIMUM damage and wouldn't want them flat buffed with serration & multishot for example.  And a resounding no on the warframe mods as they are certainly not a one size fits all.

Also as has been pointed out, the acquisition of the mods is part of the process - starting with no mods, progressing to flawed, regular, prime, umbra, sacrificial whatever...

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

i agree to an extent because, DE being DE, they can just remove mod slots if mandatory mods are initially given.

i do, however, like the idea that every player would have a sort of skill tree where they can upgrade their basic health, armor, and shield stats for warframes, damage and multishot for primaries and secondaries, and damage for melee.

so say the DE potentially does something with mod slots in favor for this system (because they can't just give us all a mega-buff like that). the way i see them approach this is by removing two mod slots and giving us one or two more exilus slots. this is just for warframes; they may simply remove one slot from melee and two from primaries and secondaries.

but you see my point already i hope? initially having the benefits of mandatory mods is like asking for two or three more mod slots, so expect compensating nerfs for asking such a thing.