The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Equinox efficiency

(PSN)Ningamario

I just got equinox prime and I'm going for a no forma build so I've been putting in strength range and efficiency for a maim build and for some reason I cannot get [Fleeting Expertise] to work on my build as it doesnt give its energy reduction cost for maim, while plain streamline works just fine

On 2020-01-11 at 7:59 AM, (PS4)Ningamario said:

I cannot get [Fleeting Expertise] to work on my build as it doesnt give its energy reduction cost for maim

Abilities like Mend & Maim with a per-second Energy drain factor in both Efficiency and Duration.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ability_Duration#Energy_Drain_for_Toggled_Abilities

Fleeting Expertise on its own cancels itself out, but use both Fleeting and Streamline (maxed, for 190%)
and you can get minimum drain costs with as low as 40% Duration.

The above posters are right- efficiency affects the initial cost of casting abilities, and the drain over time. Duration effects drain over time. Almost all the energy cost from the drain, so raising duration & efficiency as evenly as practical will offer a better return than just efficiency. Raising efficiency at the cost of duration only helps if your duration is already very high or efficiency will become very high.

Also, I feel I should point out that ability strength scales poorly with mend & maim. Strength affects the damage done by the slash proc as enemies first enter the aura, which will quickly fade into irrelevance. The damage pool (what it releases when you turn maim off) is completely dependant on the health of the enemies killed within the aura. Same with the healing pool - also enemy health scales quickly enough that it's basically a full party full heal after one or two kills, past level 30.

This is why Maim builds usually have range > duration >= efficiency >> strength; or range > efficiency>> duration >= strength. The strategy I generally use is turn it on, clear a room normally, move on to the next room, then turn it off to clear that one. This tends to leave all the heavy units and nothing else, since the damage is spread evenly, but they're briefly stunned.

Natural Talent can help if you want to cast maim in combat. An argument can be made for a smaller range (so the stun doesn't trigger and wear off before you even see the enemies). I ignore both those entirely valid pieces of advice in favor of adapting my playstyle to work with a max range build.

Edited by (PS4)theMycon