The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Railjack pilot and side guns controls bug

(PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson

Ever since the Railjack update and ps4 pre xmas hotfix, the controls for railjack has been buggy especially the pilot seat controls.

Then piloting the first bug shows up, the weapon aim cant be moved. The right stick justs spins the ship around. The gun can still fire at this point and I can still manoeuvre the ship with left stick.

The next bug randomly happens the control/buttons wont activate and its impossible to leave the seat with any of the buttons, ship control is same as first bug. This bug affects both pilot and side guns. The workaround to leave the seat is going to menu and selecting options which normally forces the frame to stand and exit.

That leads to next buggy part the keybindings on controller gets messed up a little, from experience its as if I had the ability menu open, L1 activate transference and symbol buttons activate abilitys. This but normally last about 5 to 10s after leaving seat via menu and option route.

Note Im using custom keybindings so I dont normally have a buttons for said ability menu ans use square button for repeat ability, R1 shot primary and R2 for melee, cicle is context action.

I gave also defaulted my bindings afer the hotfixes where it noted fix keybindings but no avail, it only temporarily fixed the second bug then came back. 

With First bug I notice it first after lv'ng gunnery to lv 1.

You are supposed to be able to aim and fire your gun while piloting. Go to Options>Controller and reset key bindings to default. Remember that this will reset the controls for everything, not just railjack. This is a documented bug that was specifically addressed in the Build Notes.

As for the other bugs you reported, I can't say. I haven't had those problems at all.

On 2020-01-13 at 10:32 AM, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Then piloting the first bug shows up, the weapon aim cant be moved. The right stick justs spins the ship around. The gun can still fire at this point and I can still manoeuvre the ship with left stick.

Hi,

Im having the same problem as mentioned above. The cursor can move but is restricted to smaller centered hexagon not allowing the player to aim whitout turn the ship 90-180 degres.

Very different as i can see on players streaming the game on the PC version. Which is possible to move just the front canon without turn the ship as much.

It's annoying because it makes Gunner's and the BFG's seat less adjusted to hit. Leaving the only option to hold still to make these guys hit the shot. Which is not interesting because I must stop trying to hit enemies and leaving the front of the ship vulnerable.

On 2020-01-16 at 3:55 PM, (PS4)Raccune said:

You are supposed to be able to aim and fire your gun while piloting. Go to Options>Controller and reset key bindings to default. Remember that this will reset the controls for everything, not just railjack. This is a documented bug that was specifically addressed in the Build Notes.

As for the other bugs you reported, I can't say. I haven't had those problems at all.

I reset the controller options and did not fix it. I also defaulted all options and restarted my ps4, same result.

Edited by (PS4)MysthGear

On 2020-01-19 at 11:59 AM, (PS4)MysthGear said:

Hi,

Im having the same problem as mentioned above. The cursor can move but is restricted to smaller centered hexagon not allowing the player to aim whitout turn the ship 90-180 degres.

Very different as i can see on players streaming the game on the PC version. Which is possible to move just the front canon without turn the ship as much.

It's annoying because it makes Gunner's and the BFG's seat less adjusted to hit. Leaving the only option to hold still to make these guys hit the shot. Which is not interesting because I must stop trying to hit enemies and leaving the front of the ship vulnerable.

I reset the controller options and did not fix it. I also defaulted all options and restarted my ps4, same result.

this is inteninal for controllers