Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Should Be Slightly Buffed

RX-74

Increase it's accuracy to 33.3 which is the same as what the Hind has, reduce the recoil of the three-round burst and increase it's magazine capacity with three rounds to 48 in total.

Edited by RX-74

The only thing that needs to be done is to remove the recoil, like the hind has.

The Hind has no recoil? And it fires 5-round bursts from a 65 round magazine at a higher accuracy.

Edited by RX-74

The Hind has no recoil? And it fires 5-round bursts from a 65 round magazine at a higher accuracy.

They have the same accuracy, regardless of numbers. The 5 round burst takes longer and you will actually get higher DPS with the burston if you can land triple headshots.

Magazine size isn't that much of a problem.

I used both guns, keep the Burston and sold the Hind. The Hind have a irritating tin can sound, and its design reminds me of some kind of bread. Very ugly weapon.

But its true, Hind have much less recoil than Burston, and do more damage because it shots five instead of three bullets. They need to have the same recoil.

The crit chance of both are 5%, which is small and the same of Orthos blade. Both should have its criticals increased to 10% to keep on par with Soma, which is 35% but have less base damage.

I'll be honest, I thought the Burston was better than the HInd, and consider the Hind a side-grade rather than the next tier up. Sure the Hind fires 5 bullets and has less recoil, but I swear the bullets came out slower than the Burston, making it trickier to get all 5 or even 3 bullets to hit a moving target. If you can manage the recoil (which is probably easier than ever with the Stabilizer mod) the Burston feels faster and more controlled, not to mention more ammo-friendly.

But that's just my opinion. Maybe a slight crit boost or recoil reduction wouldn't hurt, but I think the Burston is actually just as viable as it's Grineer counterpart and doesn't need much improvement.

I used both guns, keep the Burston and sold the Hind. The Hind have a irritating tin can sound, and its design reminds me of some kind of bread. Very ugly weapon.

But its true, Hind have much less recoil than Burston, and do more damage because it shots five instead of three bullets. They need to have the same recoil.

The crit chance of both are 5%, which is small and the same of Orthos blade. Both should have its criticals increased to 10% to keep on par with Soma, which is 35% but have less base damage.

Or the Burston should have less recoil than the Hind since it fires 3-round bursts and the Hind fires 5-round bursts.

I'll be honest, I thought the Burston was better than the HInd, and consider the Hind a side-grade rather than the next tier up. Sure the Hind fires 5 bullets and has less recoil, but I swear the bullets came out slower than the Burston, making it trickier to get all 5 or even 3 bullets to hit a moving target. If you can manage the recoil (which is probably easier than ever with the Stabilizer mod) the Burston feels faster and more controlled, not to mention more ammo-friendly.

But that's just my opinion. Maybe a slight crit boost or recoil reduction wouldn't hurt, but I think the Burston is actually just as viable as it's Grineer counterpart and doesn't need much improvement.

Completely agreed actually. In particular the "bullets came out slower"-feeling of the Hind. And I'm actually glad that they feel like actual SIDEGRADES of one another.

Same here, when they buffed the Burston a while ago i build myself one and after fully leveling decided to keep it since it was really not bad and i like the "old fashioned" design.

However with the Hind i'm still close to selling it simply because it's damn ugly, not even fitting into most Grineer designs, the 5 round burst is kind of awkward and the sound is annoying.

Personaly i find a five round burston irritating in general since it removes controll over how you fire a weapon, but that's mostly just my own feeling since very few games have a 5 round burst weapons.

Same here, when they buffed the Burston a while ago i build myself one and after fully leveling decided to keep it since it was really not bad and i like the "old fashioned" design.

However with the Hind i'm still close to selling it simply because it's damn ugly, not even fitting into most Grineer designs, the 5 round burst is kind of awkward and the sound is annoying.

Personaly i find a five round burston irritating in general since it removes controll over how you fire a weapon, but that's mostly just my own feeling since very few games have a 5 round burst weapons.

Burston looks so nice that I think that it deserves a little buffing and not to fall to the side as a beginner weapon.

Unfortunately, the Burston is just an other victim of the powercreep tendency, just get the Hind instead (direct upgrade) or even better the Soma.

The fact that there are weapons that are clearly better than the rest in this game does not mean we should just shut up and buy whats best.

If it were like that everyone would only be using Soma/Swraith, Acrid and Galantine....oh wait.

Really sad to see weapon diversity thrown out the window in exchange for raw dps.

Hopefully DE shall realize that releasing new weapons that are better than those in the previous patch with the lame old -weapons are hard to balance and there are always going to be some that are better than others- excuse is not a good idea, and will actually put some effort regarding weapons balance and diversity once the armor 2.0 issue has been resolved.

More on topic:I'd rather see the Hind get some recoil than the Burston getting a buff.Most hitscan weapons in this game are already absurdly precise and require no skill to handle.