Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Havok

Aspari

Hahah... Oh wait you were being serious.

Short answer is no.

Long answer is that Warframe was made from the ground up with PhysX being the physics engine. To replace it with Havok would require significant time, effort, and lots of bug hunting to get it to work. Also Havok wouldn't be able to offer the "pretty particles" that GPU Accelerated PhysX does, because to have all of those particles and their physics being processed on the CPU would severely impact the performance of your system.

While Havok has announced GPU accelerated support for its third generation of software, it's probably still quite a ways away until developers start incorporating higher level physics effects for Havok. I mean, look at PhysX, PhysX was around for nearly 10 years and look how long it took for developers to start using some of the fancier PhysX effects.

Maybe in Warframe 2. Maybe should have gotten Nvidia.

Edited by Letter13

Hahah... Oh wait you were being serious.

Short answer is no.

Long answer is that Warframe was made from the ground up with PhysX being the physics engine. To replace it with Havok would require significant time, effort, and lots of bug hunting to get it to work. Also Havok wouldn't be able to offer the "pretty particles" that GPU Accelerated PhysX does, because to have all of those particles and their physics being processed on the CPU would severely impact the performance of your system.

While Havok has announced GPU accelerated support for its third generation of software, it's probably still quite a ways away until developers start incorporating higher level physics effects for Havok. I mean, look at PhysX, PhysX was around for nearly 10 years and look how long it took for developers to start using some of the fancier PhysX effects.

Maybe in Warframe 2. Maybe should have gotten Nvidia.

ouch thinking of Warframe 2 already... I doubt there would be one just to use Havok. Its an interesting physics system, but I rather they just stick to PhysX right now.