Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POE and Orb Vallis - Restock Lockers

Xemgoa

So - I was doing Plague Star today, and I was doing my usual routine - but something got my mind jogging while I was taking down Thunder Tumor for the.... 50th time? More? Is that you can only have 10 Phylaxis and Catalyst at any give time. Not sure why make it twelve or more.

And it got me thinking even further regarding the gear wheel. Then I got this idea while shooting it back and forth with some rando's who want to do rather long-winded sessions of either--

What if there was a special resupply locker/container in Konzu camps, where folks can replenish their Gear wheel items without having to return to Cetus?

Given that progress in Plains of Eidolon is saved at mission completion and at periodic times when faffing around (and I assume Orb Vallis has these features as well), I imagine that people can do a restock and not worry about having to go back to town to restock, thus however much they used up during their venture in Open Space missions is saved. (If it has any relevance, probably not).

Thoughts?

...For some reason this is instead making me picture the addition of a new Landing Craft that offers the Air Support of "Resupply Pod", which drops a capsule onto the map near you that you can interact with to gain a modest supply of ammo for all weapons and restock your currently equipped Gear items if possible.

Which also reminds me of a concept someone mentioned of allowing you to equip Landing Craft and Air Support Abilities independently of each other for Fashion Frame purposes, though they would still be unlocked and crafted in associated pairs.

There was a neat idea in another thread a while back, for a unit that scavenges loot, and squirrels it away to a locked or open locker, setting it to active. Could be a logistics unit. Like an organic random spawning capture target, but for loot instead of, "information."

They would go around restocking/overstocking random empty lockers, and or scavenging from the edges and remains of the combat. Their alert level should be totally independent.. Think Grineer Drudge Foremen. They're doing their own thing. Alerting these new units would make them call for backup and try to escape.

If they haven't dropped off scavenged loot to a locker yet, they're running away with it. Would be a neat way to go about it. (Better yet, have a random chance that they progress murmurs if you have a Lich active. Logistics guys are in touch with a lot of departments..)

Edited by kapn655321