The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Problem with DirectX

Qanciasty

Hi !
I recently downloaded warframe launcher on my "S#&$ty" laptop, and i discovered small problem with DirectX

When i try to open warframe launcher, it shows me message:
Support for DirectX 9 has ended. We hope you can upgrade your graphics card soon!

Its strange becouse a have directX 11 on my computer, even dxdiag shows that im using directX 11.

Is it just bug and i can somehow download warframe or my laptop is just too old (2008) ?? 

My specs:
Intel pentium T3400 (2 cores, 2GHz)
nVidia GeForce 9200M GS (256MB)
4GB ram

On 2020-01-29 at 11:38 AM, Qanciasty said:

Its strange becouse a have directX 11 on my computer, even dxdiag shows that im using directX 11.
nVidia GeForce 9200M GS (256MB)

Ignore the "system" and look at "Display". Look at Feature Level, does this show 10_0 or better? Warframe appears to requires Feature level 10_1 or better but not sure if 10_0 might work. My Ryzen 2400g Vega 11 integrated graphics shows: 12_1, 12_0, 11_1, 11_0, 10_1, 10_0, 9_3, 9_2, 9_1.

For Dedicated GPU: 256 MiB is too low. 2 GiB (2048 MiB) or higher video RAM may work faster for a dedicated GPU.

the GeForce 9200M GS officially has support for DirectX 11, however it is at a Hardware level of DirectX 10_0.
i can't remember off the top of my head if Warframe only supports a Hardware level of DirectX 10_1, but this very well may be the case.
(think of this as Software support level vs Hardware support level)

and can the rest of you stop typing random garbage about things you don't know about. don't make statements based on date of manufacture or Memory Capacity as if that's relevant as an answer to the question. because that isn't one.
a wrong answer is not better than no answer.

Edited by taiiat

18 hours ago, taiiat said:

i can't remember off the top of my head if Warframe only supports a Hardware level of DirectX 10_1, but this very well may be the case.
(think of this as Software support level vs Hardware support level)

Warframe currently only supports DirectX 10 and 11.  Meaning that any video cards that don't do either are no longer supported.  

You are also correct Taiiat that manufacture date and memory cap don't mean jack shyte in regards to this.  People forget just how old DirectX 9 really is.  DirectX 9 is XP Era.  That's how old it is.  

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Warframe currently only supports DirectX 10 and 11.  Meaning that any video cards that don't do either are no longer supported.  

Software and Hardware support are different things though, and what really determines things is the Hardware support that a system has. which as i said might be feature level 10_1 (rather than 10_0 which is what this persons' GPU supports), but i can't remember if that is true at this time so i don't want to make any definitive statements.

Edited by taiiat

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

what really determines things is the Hardware support that a system has.

That's what I meant.  I ran head first into this issue with Forza Horizon 3.  I couldn't even load the game until I got a video card that could handle DirectX 12.