The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reconsider the change to Rush Repair Drone!!!

FCCLISH

10 minutes ago, Foolfist said:

It's not just me, though.  Have you tried the content?  Do you have any constructive suggestions?

Yeah, bring the drop rate down to where it's a more comfortable balance of, "I could grind that up, but I think I'll just pay for it." As most things in this game are, and players unanimously approve of.. as they have for many years. Like all the other pay mechanics that have been successful in this game. Fair play to them for trying, and fair play to the customers who weren't comfortable with the point of pain they tried to leverage.

21 hours ago, Aldain said:

It sets a dangerous precedent for future grinding, I'm glad they've retracted it if only because it shows they still have SOME self-respect left.

Nope. Rush Repair Drones were less "pay to win" or whatever than most of the game's content.

Most stuff: Buy it outright with plat, OR grind the BP and craft with materials.

Wreckage: You have to grind the BP no matter what, then you get to choose to build it with plat or resources.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

21 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

OP, I'd like to share with you a comment from today by user

Hide contents

@ModerateConservative About the monetization.

"Can we discuss how the monetization in this game is overpriced and predatory. Asking anywhere from $5 to up to $200 for platinum is ridiculous, I am also going to lump in the prime access, prime vaults, and the various starter kits that are sold as well. Quick thing on the prime access is that its marketing is predatory in nature for a full prime access it is valued at $380, but is sold to consumers at a "discounted" price of $140. The reason why platinum is so incredibly overpriced is to incentivize customers to purchase them when a %50 or a %75 coupon can be applied to these purchases. Also these coupons only work on platinum and nothing else. 

Could we have a discussion about how to monetize your game without it being predatory. 

I know that some people will try and counter this argument by saying "Uh but _____. Why would you pay money for platinum. Just trade in game to get platinum." My reason for taking beef with this monetization is that it shows up every time you log in, and every time that you enter the in game store it takes up center stage.

Another argument is that I have heard is this "Buying DE's premium currency only supports them." Overpaying for goods that are intentionally overpriced is such a scummy tactic, that is meant to suck the money out of a consumer's wallet. 

Please reconsider how to monetize your game, without having to resort to scummy tactics in order to make money."

So... If we have users feeling like DE's, "crossing the Rubicon," already, reverting that change is going to be both untimely and intensely contested.

They made the Rush Repair Drone feature to be used by folks like yourself, but consider it's also seen as giving DE an excuse to make RNG worse, while profiting more off of, "point of pain," purchases. Whether or not any of us agree with the sentiments expressed, we must acknowledge that those concerns are not without reason, and stand to effect DE's reputation. (And if they're devaluing sentiment around DE, and DE raises rates to combat that... that could be very bad indeed.)

In other words, water is wet. According to that clown you quoted anything that's monetized, that has the potential to be monetized, and goes through a marketing plan would be "predatory".

Go into a store and see a promo stand with products, "predatory". Having to pay more for streaming to more devices "predatory". Seeing a product with the MSRP slashed for a lower selling price "predatory". Intellectual property "predatory". Licensing for virtual goods "predatory". Having to pay for anything "predatory". Having sales people sell things "predatory".

Thank god we have the 15-day-joined high school marketing planners complaining that people need to make money from their IP.

I'm sure his dream solution is $12.5 full prime accesses with DE firing their dev team and outsourcing it to some sweatshop in Pakistan, and putting the servers on a shared web hosting.

Edited by nms.

Just now, nms. said:

In other words, water is wet.

That was one of any number of examples I could have pulled, SIMPLY TO SHOWCASE that players were already on high alert. I've gone out of my way twice to say that the point was not to laud their comments as any sort of fact or ideal exemplary comment. Hopefully you understand that. Most importantly is not any singular comment, but that I could reach into a hat and pick from many, from any day of the week, since Old Blood.

The biggest issue i find is titanium and prismatic have horrible drop rates and we need way too much of it.

Especially just starting out.  

At best i have gotten maybe 700 titanium in s single map.  Even with a booster.

Gains need to be tripled costs cut in half.  And stop rewarding non railjack resources in railjack.