Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more Nova

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I'm only running slow Nova tho

13 minutes ago, zehne said:

Or you could replace Aura with Growing power and then a single status proc puts you up to the slow cap.

The biggest problem with the build is going for Slow + Holes + DR.  That's 3 different stats you want to max, and range works directly against DR (cause orbs fly off faster/more consistently)...

As is with everything.  Maxxing 1 or 2 of 4 stats is easy.  Maxxing 3 is impossible and becomes a balance issue, maxxing 4 is beyond balancing, it's impossible.

There are a few caveats to this rule that work in specific places. (i.e. I use Growing Power + Energy Conversion to raise my power strn during casts so that I can have high efficiency/range and Strn on equinox.  This works because I don't care about power strn most of the time.)  This can be partially true for Nova in that you only really care about power strength during the casting of Molecular Prime for Slowing (otherwise it doesn't do much for the other abilities).

As I mentioned above though, can get 75-80% DR and have a decent range on wormholes in same build.  The catch is that you'll either need to status proc to get slow cap, or just use a below slow cap build.  The other catch is that you'll need to consider your energy costs.  (most missions it'll be enough to just cast nullstar 1x and then save energy for molecular prime).

Sorry, but there arn't any ways to just magically slap +200% Duration and + 45% power strn on a build without sacrificing efficiency or range.  200% duration is hard enough as is (since it's litterally half your mod slots)

vor 8 Minuten schrieb zehne:

As is with everything.  Maxxing 1 or 2 of 4 stats is easy.  Maxxing 3 is impossible and becomes a balance issue, maxxing 4 is beyond balancing, it's impossible.

It's not about maxing all stats. It's about having slow + DR without tanking range - at least let me have the default range for the wormholes.

(in general, I do like me a build with no stat negative)

If you want tanky then I suggest an Inaros using one of the following builds. (Note that both of these builds make use of the full umbra mod set and as such require 3 umbra forma to make them.)
Max Health: Kind of a gimmicky build as it's rather overkill on the health and 1-2 mods here aren't the greatest, but if you're wanting to go full tank this is your go to and various versions of are actually common place and 100% viable. If paired with a Companion that has Link, Hunter Recovery, and to be able to do high damage, the only thing that can kill this build is you're own stupidity or inability to play the game.
Crowd Control: This build is more for those who are wanting to tackle a more team supporting role as well as those who want to dominate the battle field while still having disgustingly high health. It has increased ability stats across the board as well as a bit more of an energy pool to allow for more frequent use of abilities.

Edited by (XB1)WP ScorpionWind

3 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

It's not about maxing all stats. It's about having slow + DR without tanking range - at least let me have the default range for the wormholes.

(in general, I do like me a build with no stat negative)

You say it's not about maxing stats, but for DR on nova you need near max duration.  Max duration is ~~200%, to get 80% DR you need ~~200%.  That's maxing.  Max duration is 4 mods, you need ~~3 to get 'significant' DR on nova.

Then you also said you want range...well to get MAX duration (the first thing you wanted) you have to tank range.  Meaning you need to invest several mods OR just overextended to bring range back up.

But then your power strength is low, because to bring your range up you have to tank your power strength, so you need to invest into strength.   But that means Tanking efficiency (which if you want to use portals alot, I doubt you do) OR using several mods to counteract the range increase.

So, Duration requires sacrificing range.  Range requires sacrificing strn, and Strength requires a sacrifice to duration OR Efficiency.

• To get strn you can:
    • 4 mods: Umbral Intensify + Umbral XXX + 2 (Power drift, Auger Secrets)  ~~94 pwr strn, HP,  0 downside
    • 4 mods: Transient Fortitude + Duration (Constitution) + 2(Power drift, Auger Secrets/Intensify) ~~94/100 pwr strn, +0.5 duration, faster Knock-down recovery
    • 3 mods: Blind Rage + Fleeting Expertise + Duration (Constitution) ~~99% pwr strn, +5% efficiency, -32% Duration, faster Knock-down recovery, 1 extra mod

These are basic mod combo's for power strength that most people will probably encounter building ANY frame ( +100%ish pwr strn is a decent amount for most builds).  That said, when you specifically mention DR (EHP) and you look at the list of things you want, the best pick of these mod line ups is the first.  It gives the power strength and HP with no downside.  Otherwise, you could use the last one and get the same power strength but in this case you'd sacrifice duration which was the 1st priority of the build.

I guess i'm trying to say, it shouldn't be too surprising that it's hard to build a wormhole + nullstar + Slow nova build because there are: A) not enough mod slots OR B) Power creep hasn't gotten us there yet.  If we had an umbral duration or umbral range mod you'd probably be able to get there easily.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb zehne:

I guess i'm trying to say, it shouldn't be too surprising that it's hard to build a wormhole + nullstar + Slow nova build because there are: A) not enough mod slots OR B) Power creep hasn't gotten us there yet.  If we had an umbral duration or umbral range mod you'd probably be able to get there easily.

I guess it's a case of wanting my cake and eat it too.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I guess it's a case of wanting my cake and eat it too.

To do what you want you need to use a lower rank of Narrow Minded and counter it with Stretch. All the rest stays the same.

Alternatively you can use the Escape Velocity Augment since it is affected by durarion and use Wormhole to buff your movement speed. Thankfully, Escape Velocity fits into the Exilus slot so the normal build is unaffected.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

To do what you want you need to use a lower rank of Narrow Minded and counter it with Stretch. All the rest stays the same.

Alternatively you can use the Escape Velocity Augment since it is affected by durarion and use Wormhole to buff your movement speed. Thankfully, Escape Velocity fits into the Exilus slot so the normal build is unaffected.

I've never used Narrow Minded (or any of those mods  for that matter), but as long as I can get range back to default, I might try it.

THe augment sounds nice, yet if the buid involves the range being cut down, I'm likely to shy away from it.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I've never used Narrow Minded (or any of those mods  for that matter), but as long as I can get range back to default, I might try it.

THe augment sounds nice, yet if the buid involves the range being cut down, I'm likely to shy away from it.

I really don't know why people bother giving you suggestions, as you won't ever try them despite everyone being right. 

I think you should be forced to try a nova with pure duration just so you can give an answer the question "is the range reduction all that bad?" 

The answer would be "No, actually. I don't need it as much as I thought. Holy moly, Molecular Prime slows everything in the interception map. Its amazing."

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)UltraKardas:

I really don't know why people bother giving you suggestions, as you won't ever try them despite everyone being right. 

I think you should be forced to try a nova with pure duration just so you can give an answer the question "is the range reduction all that bad?" 

The answer would be "No, actually. I don't need it as much as I thought. Holy moly, Molecular Prime slows everything in the interception map. Its amazing."

As I said before; this happing pretty much every time I talk about a topic related to builds. And this makes me highly hesitant to ask at all and rather resort to making my builds all by myself.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

As I said before; this happing pretty much every time I talk about a topic related to builds. And this makes me highly hesitant to ask at all and rather resort to making my builds all by myself.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you got the exact same result on reddit a couple weeks ago:

Lets be honest, the only thing stopping you from getting what you want is yourself.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you got the exact same result on reddit a month prior:

Lets be honest, the only thing stopping you from getting what you want is yourself.

Didn't expect anyone to connect those 2 accounts.

But yes, I know it's mainly my own hesitation that I project outwards. Much to the annoyance of anyone else.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Didn't expect anyone to connect those 2 accounts.

But yes, I know it's mainly my own hesitation that I project outwards. Much to the annoyance of anyone else.

It's not annoying as many of us are willing to help figure out a build that has range and duration, but you are not willing to try what we are suggesting. The only annoying part is that you keep expecting a different result.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Naw, this is the crazy bit: Escape Velocity works best with the slow build. The base duration is only 7 seconds, but it scales, and when you're building for duration, that 14 or 21s is a lot more meaningful. Slot in Escape Velocity in place of Rush as your Exilus and drop the occasional portal to cross the room. Now the few meters of teleport you get at the start is just a bonus, and you're really just giving yourself a speed buff. It makes her significantly more fun.

Edited by CopperBezel

21 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

I didn't want to be so blunt, but yes, exactly that.

Many of us have thousands of hours played in Warframe. We understand how the mods work and how they effect abilities. Nova is unique in that when DE changed Molecular Prime from range to duration, it made range a very minor stat as it only affects her seek distance on Null Star, the range on Wormhole, and the explosion radius on MP.

Since Null Star gives Nova damage reduction, having a shorter seek range is actually a benefit. Having a shorter Wormhole was offset by bullet jumping or by using Escape Velocity since most tiles do not support long Wormhole ranges. And MP's explosion needs power strength and tight packs of enemies to be optimized so it can work but is very niche to things like ESO. The end result is that range isn't a benefit in most cases and for the few where it is needed, you just setup a different load out.

Typical loadouts are a slowva with high power strength, and a speedva with negative power strength. Range is only affected strangely by Narrow Minded (+duration, -range) and Overextended (-str, +range) so a speedva favors longer range compared to a slowva, but you can always use -30% power strength (70% total) to make a neutral (normal speed enemies, no slow) Nova and still take advantage of Overextended. This would be my suggestion, but I would still recommend keeping range at or just below 100% total.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

you just setup a different load out.

For convenience, I just use a single loadout.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

you can always use -30% power strength (70% total) to make a neutral (normal speed enemies, no slow) Nova and still take advantage of Overextended. This would be my suggestion, but I would still recommend keeping range at or just below 100% total.

I would prefer to keep stats I don't need at 100. It's a personal issue.

Just now, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

For convenience, I just use a single loadout.

I would prefer to keep stats I don't need at 100. It's a personal issue.

Again, the only thing holding you back is yourself. The game gives you plenty of options when it comes to loadouts and saved builds. It is up to you to take advantage of them though and if you really love Nova, you could easily press R3 from the Arsenal and have a few different loadouts ready to go as each saves the mod config you set for that specific loadout.

As with the reddit thread I wish you the best of luck in your future gaming.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

The game gives you plenty of options when it comes to loadouts and saved builds. It is up to you to take advantage of them though and if you really love Nova, you could easily press R3 from the Arsenal and have a few different loadouts ready to go as each saves the mod config you set for that specific loadout.

I haven't really used her that much so far. And I don't think I need to tell you why.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

As with the reddit thread I wish you the best of luck in your future gaming.

Thanks And sorry for the waste of time.

I think I'd log off the game if someone ever pulls that on me.

I'm not sure why you don't do that already then. People want you to try something new to fix your complaints. I really don't think warframe is the game for you if you are to shallow to try something new when you have never experienced it before.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb (PS4)UltraKardas:

I'm not sure why you don't do that already then. People want you to try something new to fix your complaints. I really don't think warframe is the game for you if you are to shallow to try something new when you have never experienced it before.

Aside from the whole hubbub about builds, the game is a lot of fun for me. Might be a better choice to just figure builds out all on my own.

Aside from the whole hubbub about builds, the game is a lot of fun for me. Might be a better choice to just figure builds out all on my own.

I mean you have already tried that, and failed considering you admit you have problems with nova and are asking people for help. 

At this point in time, You look like you are just going in circles, and you should either just try somebody else's advice or honestly just bugger off. 

I've offered to show you on Ps4 what these mods can do, and you are either too afraid that somebody knows better then you, or you are so thick skulled that I wonder why you even bother making these posts if you are going to ignore what everyone else has to say