Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add "Tactical Menu" keybind for PS4 Touch Screen

(PSN)Unstar

I play Warframe on PS4 and have never used the Ability Menu keybind; I vastly prefer the Use Selected Power and Cycle Power Left/Right as it allows me to aim up until the moment I use my Ability without taking my thumb off of the right stick.

I would like to be able to access the Tactical Menu while running around (ie - not using guns or piloting) in the Railjack.  My controller configuration is currently packed, however I do have some free space in my Touch Screen "swipe" bindings, and this seemed like it would work for Tactical Menu. However, currently in the General section of the controller customization menu, there is no option for Tactical Menu; it can only be bound within the Ability Menu section, which requires a key-binding for Ability Menu.

While pressing two buttons (Ability Menu and then Tactical Menu) seemed less than ideal, as long as it was functional, that seemed good enough.  However, I've learned that to use the Ability Menu it is required that you hold down the button and then press the button that corresponds to Tactical Menu, which is unfortunately impossible because you can't hold down a "Touch Screen swipe".

I believe this issue could be solved by adding a Tactical Menu keybind to the General section of the controller customization menu.  Then I could swipe and get access to this menu when I needed it in Railjack missions.  I hope this sounds doable!

Edit: It was pointed out to me that the Tactical Menu function can be mapped to certain face buttons in the General section of the controller customization menu.  It seems to be an exception - perhaps an oversight? - that this function cannot be mapped to the PS4 Touch Screen.  I hope that in a future update Tactical Menu will be able to be accessed via the Touch Screen's swipe features!

Related: it would also be nice if keybinds for Tactical Menu and Use Selected Power were added to the Railjack section of the controller customization menu, and if the R1 button could be rebound; that way I could have the same Ability buttons for my Railjack that I do with my Warframe and Archwing.

Thanks for considering my feedback!

Edited by (PS4)Unstar
Added new information pointed out by a helpful commenter
  • Like 1

I agree. It's quite the hassle to use a button combination to reach such an essential menu. 

I don't know about other platforms but PS4 has many unused binds in Warframe. Many that would certainly be better than the R1+left. Such as a quick tap on the touchpad or even right direction button.

I agree. I've been crippled playing Railjack on controller in pc because of this. Ive been asking and waiting for this since day 1 of railjack's release. 

Where keyboard just has L for tactical menu. You'd think it would make sense to make it, its own keybind.
I cant afford to put down my controller and reach over to press L everytime I need to use the tactical menu, especially since Im normally the pilot.

Edited by SolidSnake8774

Interesting, I see the option for the Tactical Menu already available in the General section of Customize Controller. I've been using it for instant access no matter what I'm doing, in or out of the Railjack. Unfortunately I replace my Show Level Map option for it. Not sure if you overlooked, or if Xbox alone has it for whatever reason.

I definitely agree with what you said about Railjack keybinds. I use something different for powers menu, and would like to rebind RB(R1) for moving up since LB is used to move down. This also causes a bug where the Railjack powers menu gets stuck until I press my normal Warframe powers menu.

Also if I bind Tactical Menu to the powers menu alone, I can't use the Tactical Menu this way while piloting/gunning, unless I bind it under General. My General options are all used up as is. Definitely need full Railjack rebind options. A lot of buttons arent even used.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

Interesting, I see the option for the Tactical Menu already available in the General section of Customize Controller.

I went back to check, and it looks like Tactical Menu is an option for some buttons, but not an option for the Touch Screen.  Which is odd, because you can choose Ability Menu for the Touch Screen - a skill that is incapable of functioning when mapped to the Touch Screen - but not Tactical Menu, which would function quite well there.

I'm editting the original post with this new information, thank you for helping me to make this more accurate!