Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raijlack with Randoms? NO THANKS!

Kokusnuss

Hello,

Raijlack is impossible to play with Randoms. First, you just don't find groups. "Open groups 0" is everywhere. Second, if I want to join a group after 75 attempts, 50 minutes have already passed without meaning. Third, If I managed to join a group, it consists of 90% inexperienced MasterRank 17 people! who have no plan of anything. Fourth: impossible to play. Fifth: bugs from start to finish, everywhere, wrong way markings and host migrations. Sixth: what the heck? how to play railjack please? alone? forget it! its does

DONT FUN!!

Sorry...

I also have no desire to constantly search for a new group and post the same text over and over again "Search group for Railjack Mission xy"

Why don't you just brew a linked filter like in any other game such as:
Mission: Rya
Players: at least 3
Railhack experience: at least 150h

Then he opens a group and only people who have exactly these requirements can join.

Edited by Kokusnuss

22 minutes ago, Kokusnuss said:

Then he opens a group and only people who have exactly these requirements can join.

You system wont work. Railjack time isn't tracked anywhere. So you can remove that. Besides, you are placing far too much value on time spent in RJ, I have a lot less than 150 hours but would make a fine teammate. You would still get no one even doing it this way - you are drawing from the same pools of players in all situations. 

Find some friends, play with them. You can also play solo, it really isn't that difficult (it takes a little while longer though). The Command update should come sooner or later, that will make solo easier.

All I ask is a proper lobby system to ques up in before the mission. Something like Payday 2's lobby system should have been implemented long ago to begin with. That way we can properly see what everyone is setting up for and get our plan together before even trying to jump in the mission.

The number of open squads always shows 0, but about half the time will let me join someone. 

Most randoms are half useful, half awful. Some of that is dependent on preference, its not like the game lays out the most effective or efficient ways to play, or tells people how to outfit their ships. If you're going to try random, be prepared for anything. 

The biggest issues by far are the bugs - hopping in a turret and having it fail to erase the ship when you have the 360 intrinsic (leaves black squares all over the place. usually hopping out and in again fixes it), or having it lock people out of turrets/forges (no in mission cheese fix for this yet, tried going into AW, tried /unstuck, tried leaving and omnirecall - some times one of these works, sometimes none do), or having it not register that the base commander is in fact dead, please let the mission end (DE- this one might be tied to using the alternate exit from the asteroid base - had a friend kill the commander and omnirecall, we were left with a red WP saying kill this dude, but we followed the WP and then exited via the back door and suddenly it changed. This might need a remedy, or even just a script that runs every 2 min to check if the commander is actually dead, or something else). 

crashes and lag also substantially negatively impact RJ right now. Rubber banding makes using any RJ mounted gun a nightmare as the non-host. 

5 hours ago, Insanityman said:

The biggest issues by far are the bugs - .... having it not register that the base commander is in fact dead, please let the mission end (DE- this one might be tied to using the alternate exit from the asteroid base - had a friend kill the commander and omnirecall, we were left with a red WP saying kill this dude, but we followed the WP and then exited via the back door and suddenly it changed. This might need a remedy, or even just a script that runs every 2 min to check if the commander is actually dead, or something else).

I think that is a left over from when the Pennant / Quellor BPs had to be picked up by a player (was not shared), so if there were players on the base, other players outside can still go in.

When all player depart the base commander's map, the map locked itself out as completed.