Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to not switch to gun when aiming

lukinu_u

Right know when you have your melee equiped and press the aim button, it automatically switch to your gun (make sense for aiming), but that's not the only fuction of the button.

Press the aim button in air let you aim-glide which is a useful parkour useful too but since it equip your gun, it mean you can't block with your melee while aim-gliding while also not taking advantage of "reload x% of magazine/s while hostered". Overall, it mean players using parkour are punished for this because they can't benefit for a specific brand of mods and protect front damage while moving, which is a bad thing.

A simple simple solution would be an option to not automatically switch to gun while aim-gliding.

il y a 11 minutes, Marswipp a dit :

Isn't there a "hold [weapon switch key] for melee" option? (Default key being 'F')

Yes, but then it require you to press the [Switch Weapon] instead of simply pressing [Fire Weapon] to shoot which defeat the purpose of the option.

Basically, what I want is the current fast switch between weapons and melee when using fire button and melee button, but not when pressing aim button.

Edited by lukinu_u

9 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Basically, what I want is the current fast switch between weapons and melee when using fire button and melee button, but not when pressing aim button.

As long as it's an option (pay attention DE) then sure... but given how DE treated the last thing we asked to be an option (heavy attacks) I would prefer it stay as is.  The times I want to aim-glide are usually times where there are no enemies within melee range (crossing a chasm).  As it is now I can initiate the glide in the same action as getting ready to fire my weapon at enemies without having to actually fire.

"When we play in melee, if we have a gun, when we do a aim glide, the gun is is equipped ; so we can not do an heavy attack juste after.

And if we only have a main gun, for mobile defense or excavation, it will make the item fall.

Would it be possible to remove the fact that aim remove the melee ? (or to have an option for this)

If i want to use my gun, i just have to shoot. 

Because actually, to play in melee, i don't/can't equip any gun, to can aim glide, then do an heavy attack."

(And my swap button is the scroll down/up, so can not be hold.)

Edited by GKP_light