Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash QOLs

AlphaRyuuxx

So after the invisibility update where enemies would no longer immediately snap to you and proceed to 1 shot you upon exiting stealth, it's given frames like Ash much more survivability and safety when playing in high level missions (without the need for rolling guard). But there are still some things I'd like to see to make Ash feel even better

Seeking Shuriken: Keep the ability as it is now, but add a hold/charge function that adds increase damage and slows the first enemy hit. Also integrate a combo system akin to Atlas punch and Rhino's charge that makes it ether do more damage or cost less energy. Should also have a stealth damage multiplier

Smoke Screen: Keep as it is, the changes to the invisibility mentioned above makes this ability, despite its low duration, perfectly fine now. 

Teleport: Make it so Ash is able to teleport freely without a target, but at only half the range. Also add if you have smoke screen activated while teleporting, it'll also open up nearby enemies around the target/targeted location to finishers. 

Blade Storm: Remove the mark system and just have it instantly apply 3 marks. Since it doesn't matter if you overkill since unused marks refund energy back, there isn't any reason to put anything but the maximum mark. Also Blade Storm should instantly mark every target in Ash's line of sight and within its (modded) range. Blade Storm takes way too long to set up and results in a very tedious ability to use and could also result in the enemies already dying by the time you've finished marking them and are about to activate the ability again. Also when entering blade storm using teleport, it should halt smoke screens duration and perhaps with each enemy blade storm kills, refunds/adds X seconds to smoke screen. The worse part of jumping into blade storm is having your invisibility ending mid way and dropping dead the moment you exit the animation. Could also make blade storm have melee stealth multiplier so a combo could be, blade storm into smoke screen teleport. 

Edited by AlphaRyuuxx

8 minutes ago, AlphaRyuuxx said:

Blade Storm: Remove the mark system and just have it instantly apply 3 marks. Since it doesn't matter if you overkill since unused marks refund energy back, there isn't any reason to put anything but the maximum mark. Also Blade Storm should instantly mark every target in Ash's line of sight and within its (modded) range.

No because it would turn Ash into the Press4ToWin frenzy it once was and least we need in the game right now are more PressKeyToWin frames.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

No because it would turn Ash into the Press4ToWin frenzy it once was and least we need in the game right now are more PressKeyToWin frames.

Not really, seeing as unlike old blade storm, this would be limited to a LOS requirement, and also remember that you can't recast blade storm until every enemy is dead. You could even balance it by lowering the mark duration or having the mark disappear a second or two after leaving your LOS. And you shouldn't gimp a frame because you don't want to bring him to be as strong as other frames are. Saryn and equinox can bypass wall with their damage and Mesa has instantaneous set up along with instant recastability 

• Like 1

Some of these ideas are very similar to my ideas, normally ppl would say "you stole my ideas" however I won`t say that I`m just glad that their are ppl that think the same as me and that he needs a revisit. (not a rework)

Here a snip from my post;

Spoiler

As much as Ash is my main frame, he needs to be looked at again.

The 1st ability is only good with its augment. Augments should be used as an option and not coz the ability on its own is bad, the 2nd ability could benefit by having better cc and even through ppl say that his invisible is too short I have no issue with it, the 3rd ability has potential to be so much better just of the concept of teleportation alone and the 4th ability is terrible when it comes to activation speed, it`s too slow and other ppl can take your kills (even in low levels) and even more things that make it bad.

Overall Ash is a contradiction to what DE wants ppl to do in this game.... PLAY AS A TEAM, that's why he needs to be looked at again and If I were to give him a re-visit, this is what I would do;

If anyone is interested in knowing more, here is a link to the post.

Maybe just give an AOE or bigger cone to the aim to help speed up aiming on groups and remove any targeting time, lag is enough delay if there is any built in currently? I can't tell.

His (1) should throw more blades the longer you charge it ... 2-4-6. and cost less,/the same,/and more.

His base range could be improved to make teleporting to crates/vents targets more viable... cool feels and help the smoke screen stun more noticeably effective.

The Smoke Screen Augment should work on Hostage NPC's too. 

personally the mark system is fine just that it should be from his seeking shuriken and the bladestorm should just be an aoe smokebomb that has clones strike the enemies from inside. it would completely remove the press 4 dependency that DE tried to fix with ash (and failed tremendously since it turned into press 3 to win until daggers got nerfed so now its press 4 then spam E to win). the marks should sync up with most of his abilities so ash can shoot more shurikens based on power strength and the default should be at 3 (plus shurikens should prioritize non marked targets) the marks should make enemies more susceptible to damage while giving melee and finishers a higher damage bonus in this case let's say 50% more damage towards ranged weapons +25% on silent weapons, 100% damage bonus on melee damage and 250% on finishers. (I don't know warframe damage numbers so the percentages should be arbritary). the aoe smokebomb though should be obvious but the clones damage should be based on the melee ash is currently equipped (adding mods) and their attack speed or clone count should be based on power strength. it does make ash a bit less powerful on the 4 department but least it speeds up the cast speed and does make ash 4 into a cc field clearer.

• 2 weeks later...