Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sun.

ChuckHucket

I apologize in advance if something in this topic is incorrect as this is my first post so please try to be gentle when insulting my poor choice of words.
(Not entirely sure if this is in the right section either.)
(again I'm sorry please don't beat me.)

I'm sure many of you would have noticed by now but the Sun, is the same size as Jupiter.
Most of this game seems to be future-realistic and this is just one of the things that metaphorically puts a nail in my brain.
I was thinking about how the developers would change this without obstructing the view of the planets and I believe making the planet system dynamic like the arsenal menu in the way you are able to rotate your Warframe around, a simple click and drag system to rotate the solar system... man that sounds strange.

Thoughts? o:

Or don't muckabout wit rotating views and just keep the scale as is. Solar map is just that; a map. It's merely representative of the objects and not a true-to-scale diorama.

"A map is a visual representation of an area – a symbolic depiction highlighting relationships between elements of that space such as objects, regions, and themes."

We're looking into a holographic representation of the solar system, not the actual thing itself.

I was only creating this topic for the purpose that if this game were to adopt a more realistic and to scale type of format and they were to change that, it would happen sooner than later because it has been bugging me since I started playing haha.

But I guess if the majority of us Tenno disagree then it's settled to stay.

Nevermind then. :)

I was only creating this topic for the purpose that if this game were to adopt a more realistic and to scale type of format and they were to change that, it would happen sooner than later because it has been bugging me since I started playing haha.

But I guess if the majority of us Tenno disagree then it's settled to stay.

Nevermind then. :)

Nah, I totally get what you are saying. The map does look wonky to me too. But I guess it's kind of a minor thing, so most players just treat it as a "good enough for what we need" sort of thing.

I just thought it was funny pointing out how very far it is from an accurate depiction of the solar system... Any model we could get on screen would still be ridiculously incorrect.  :P

Edited by MrCranky_BR

it's not astrophysically accurate, but if Sol was to scale, it would take up the entire screen and then some.

gameplay > realism accuracy in a game that isn't a simulator. 

also the planets rotate in a Glaive shape so they are easy to click on. is that astrophysically accurate? no. but we had the planets orbiting correctly at one point in time, and they'd clip on top of each other sometimes and you couldn't select some planets. 

so we fixed it. 

For Science.

:p

Hiyas!

I'm a big astronomy/astrophysics fan myself, but as others have said previously, if Sol was to scale, the planets would be pretty tiny, hampering menu useability and readability (without a redesign)

Speaking of the sun however: http://spaceweather.com 

I love that stuff. That site is awesome.

So, if there's a big astrophysics buff on the team, why is Ceres still placed in the outer solar system, instead of in the asteroid belt where it belongs? :P