Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosive weapons when shot down ignore cautious shot and can kill the objectives causing mission failure. Updated 3/15: still cause self damage and can kill objectives.

Deadoon

At first I thought it was just a case of not paying attention to my health while spamming the ogris like I usually do. I had a few deaths using it, "who cares, it's a fun weapon" I thought. Then I failed a mobile defense mission with an objective that had no threats to it. I found this in the EE.log:

426.362 Game [Info]: MoaPetAvatar10 was downed by 9,662 / 9,661 damage from a level 63 ELITE LANCER using a KuvaOgris
426.362 Game [Info]: Deadoon was downed by 4,520 / 4,519 damage from a level 63 ELITE LANCER using a KuvaOgris
426.362 Game [Info]: CORPUS SYSTEMS was killed by 16,992 / 19,241 damage from a level 63 ELITE LANCER using a KuvaOgris

Yeah, a rocket I fired killed the objective, my pet and myself at the same time. This is playing as inaros, on a build with high radar range, and the ogris has cautious shot on it to allow me to use it as a constant crowd clearing tool with minimal self damage and risk. Neither build is really a maximization of anything, but rather a general purpose and reasonably effective one for most missions and lich hunting. https://i.imgur.com/dP6kBJQ.jpg https://i.imgur.com/vo8DD08.jpg

My suggestion is to make it so that if an enemy shoots down the projectiles, they don't get the damage associated with them. Otherwise there is a notable degree of griefing potential with explosive weapons.

Edited by Deadoon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Are you sure you are not under a radiation status when it happened?

Did you look at the kill log I posted?  An elite lancer was awarded the kill.

And no I did not have radiation proc on me, there were no active liches with radiation weapons, no radiation hazards and it was on a corpus outpost tileset, which according to the wiki has no sources of that damage type. The only lich that could have been active was also heat elemental and was already dispatched that mission. Additionally I and everything else was killed by a midair explosion of the rocket, as I was firing from an elevated position.

Also even if you are under radiation cautious shot still works I believe. I'll go test that now.

EDIT:Confirmed radiation does not have an impact on Cautious shot. Went to void, got radiation, still take almost no damage from it.

EDIT 2: Downing yourself with radiation says you killed yourself and does not harm your pet

317.150 Game [Info]: Deadoon was downed by 777 / 776 damage from Deadoon using a KuvaOgris

Edit: funny one recently

2820.580 Game [Info]: Deadoon was downed by 5,377 / 5,376 damage from a level 74 CORRUPTED ANCIENT using a KuvaOgris

Edited by Deadoon
Tested 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well despite changes to self damage managed to kill myself twice fighting corpus with this.

3463.834 Game [Info]: Deadoon was downed by 932 / 931 damage from a level 91 SHOCK using a KuvaOgris

4572.767 Game [Info]: VASCA KAVAT was downed by 9,638 / 9,637 damage from a SHOCK using a KuvaOgris
4572.768 Game [Info]: Deadoon was downed by 4,673 / 4,672 damage from a SHOCK using a KuvaOgris

Second time it even killed my kavat.

479.350 Game [Info]: GRINEER SYSTEM was killed by 14,441 / 15,021 damage from a level 66 KUVA TROOPER using a KuvaOgris

Managed to kill the objective and fail the mission again, trooper shot down the rocket and thus was able to use the full modded damage against me( far from blast area in inaros so survived) and the objective.

On 2020-02-12 at 11:37 AM, Deadoon said:

Did you look at the kill log I posted?  An elite lancer was awarded the kill.

ah, you put too much trust into the log here - it won't tell you if you got killed by your own weapons (well, not when this was possible) and neither when another player with rad-proc active on him or on yourself killed you... the log would just assume that the last enemy who hit you got the kill.

1 hour ago, fr4gb4ll said:

ah, you put too much trust into the log here - it won't tell you if you got killed by your own weapons (well, not when this was possible) and neither when another player with rad-proc active on him or on yourself killed you... the log would just assume that the last enemy who hit you got the kill.

Actually it did. I even tested that in the later part of that post post.

317.150 Game [Info]: Deadoon was downed by 777 / 776 damage from Deadoon using a KuvaOgris

Edit: also radiation procs do not allow you to kill your companions once again. And there is no radiation sources on the kuva fortress outside of liches which these were not lich missions.

Also cautious shot was still in effect under rad proc.

Edit2: also a level 63 should not be dealing 14k damage logically. Those damage/health values are at the point of the final blow. The frames health is in the original post at 5600.

Edit3:

Tested in the void, the logs will tell you if you were the one to kill the MD objective. Tested in mobile defense because the defense lasers are true instant kill. Got rad procced and fired a rocket at the objective, instant kill and fail. Logs confirm I was the one credited with the kill.

198.846 Game [Info]: OROKIN SYSTEM was killed by 4,148 / 24,041 damage from Deadoon using a KuvaOgris

Edited by Deadoon

48 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

Actually it did. I even tested that in the later part of that post post.

Edit: also radiation procs do not allow you to kill your companions once again. And there is no radiation sources on the kuva fortress outside of liches which these were not lich missions.

Also cautious shot was still in effect under rad proc.

Edit2: also a level 63 should not be dealing 14k damage logically. Those damage/health values are at the point of the final blow. The frames health is in the original post at 5600.

Edit3:

Tested in the void, the logs will tell you if you were the one to kill the MD objective. Tested in mobile defense because the defense lasers are true instant kill. Got rad procced and fired a rocket at the objective, instant kill and fail. Logs confirm I was the one credited with the kill.

ok, i stand corrected about the log not consider self damage.

as for the companian problem, it seems that if the cat or dog gets proced but you are not, there is the chance this can happen - i had this a few times even before the update. though it isn't reliable to recreate and i guess there is more to this to happen than just the rad-proc being applied.

about the damage, there always were 'strange' values shown in the log that did not seems to be true when observing the game (it's a pita to do, but one can record the whole game and cross-check with the log-file afterwards). the values shown are often not what they are in the log - if because of internal calculations toward the real damage or just because a logging issue, idk. one thing is for sure though: when i get hit as innaros from a lvl 200 napalm or bombard, i don't take much damage (with my build at least) maybe 100-200 hundred. the only thing that ever insta-killed me as inaros were other players when them or me were rad-proced. i guess is that the logged dmg-values are more 'raw' values that will be influenced by many more internal factors before being applied - though, there are still such occasional 'killed by 1 damage' oddities in the log that leaves one to wonder WTH!?  ^^)   therefore my advice to not to put too much trust in the logfile when it comes to the damages done ore dealed... i usually only look into them when other strange things happen during a mission (which funny enough is quite regulary in warframe - so much that start to think them as feature and not as bugs).

sadly the simularcrum does not allow a direct test environment to, for example, add specific procs to enemies, the player or the pets/companions so testing which weapon or ability does what under such different circumstances is a bit bothersome.

specifically the radiation proc is prone to funny (or not) effects that might occure even after the effect is gone. i had cases of not being able to pick up my weapon, the data mass or reviving someone after being proced and something dropped from me (or in case of others, going down) while affected - and that even after returning to normal... point is, there seems to be so many things a radiation proc does that it does not supprises me when some weapons acting strange. so far, i 'tested' the behavior of the brammar, kulstar, lenz, kuva tonkor and angstrum while being rad-procted and did not killed myself or my cat with it... though i always tried not too fire at any mission objectives when that happens, so i can't be sure of what the result would be... so i guess, it being destroyed is the logical outcome here ^^

what does affect pets that are rad-proced though are operator void dashes and effects from the focus schools and also the operator arcanes in use.