Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

let the health & shield of excavators scale up with the enemy level

fr4gb4ll

1 minute ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

As far as I know health should be taken instead of shields. Allows for any frame to complete those missions. 

yes, this. it's the same as with other frames with shield too though - if they run out of it, health would be 'consumed' instead... but most people run loadouts that will reload their shield so fast that they rarely notice it. but even with those shieldless frames, if modded right you won't ever feel the health drain, even if everyone and their kubrow are shooting at ya...

3 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

yes, this. it's the same as with other frames with shield too though - if they run out of it, health would be 'consumed' instead... but most people run loadouts that will reload their shield so fast that they rarely notice it. but even with those shieldless frames, if modded right you won't ever feel the health drain, even if everyone and their kubrow are shooting at ya...

Nidus with his passive health regen seems like he'd be okay on hijack missions. Shields being drained would probably mean that health wouldn't be drained on that warframe, when someone only has health I'm guessing it takes it that the health acts as a kind of shield. Unless it's changed I remember hijack missions stopping if your shields ran out. 

1 hour ago, fr4gb4ll said:

idk why so many people always think about doom first and reason, if at all, last. i don't want to make the excavs being able to withstand fire from a dozent level 100 enemies for a minute and more, i just want them not explode by 2 bullets from measly grunts like they do now - that's all. even an adjustment to the comparable kuva-extractor (in function and tactical alike) would be an improvement... hell, everything would be an improvement to the flimsy things. and even if the excavs were as 'sturdy' as console from mobile defense in a comparable level of enemies, frost and its likes would be stil the frame of choice for most players, just because it's the easier way to do. as it is now, the choice isn't much there - you either go in full defense, full nuker or just hope that another player does. only the likeliness of a bit more variety in a pug of kuva-lich-excavation would be the result in an improvement of the excavs life expectancy...

There are frames that have abilities to protect objectives.

As soon as you start making that irrelevant you start making frame roles irrelevant.

Look at what we have now. Frames like Ember, Khora, Saryn, Vauban, and Volt. Would people say they're strong? Probably not, it's just that they make all missions irrelevant except RJ missions (which people are even saying need to be made easier; no, those are just not made irrelevant by a couple frames).

Edited by SpringRocker

10 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Sorry to break it to you but..

Sorry for break it to you, by the time they fix that crap, people like me or those who have played the game longer than me ? don't interest at it anymore. We've done it dozen of times and still we don't like it yet WE DON'T CARE OF IT ANYMORE.

It was supposed to be readjust long ago, probably even before I join the game which is 2 years ago.

But do tell when they fix host migration problems, because it is not necessary being as a bug problem. I know that and if they still don't say anything about that, I already manage to avoid or escape that situation without losing my * relaxing time *.

24 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

As soon as you start making that irrelevant you start making frame roles irrelevant.

warframe was never only about the 'role' needed but also as what the player like playing when it came to the choice of frame and armament, so don't make this a relevancy argument. if it were, the mission would and should force us into a specific loadout, just like with some sortie conditions.

34 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Look at what we have now. Frames like Ember, Khora, Saryn, Vauban, and Volt. Would people say they're strong? Probably not, it's just that they make all missions irrelevant except RJ missions

no, not quite. sure, nuker frames are the choice for many who want to finish a mission fast, but even with saryn in some skillfull hands many missions are not becoming a walk in the park. ofc, since you mention ember too, i guess you're talking about only low to mid level enemies here - i'd like to see you getting anywere with ember in a kuva lick mission with level 100+ grineers (oh yes, i tried that often enough - no fun at all). volt isn't nearly as powerfull as some made him either and vauban, while technically more a defense frame is really only good for defending objects when the enemies are not shooting at it from afar... good though in combination with other defense frames. you could even name nidus here too, since in questions of defense he is similar effective (or ineffective, depending on the circumstances). khora... well, whenever i have one in the team during a high(er) level defense (like) mission, i never saw any superiority in her being there - but that might be just the circumstances and i would have to test her myself in this regard. most of all frames, i would give saryn the tag as overkiller, but she isn't an easy frame to play (sure isn't my type, and i sure tried hard) and it shows often in pugs - the players skill is far more important with her than with most other frames.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Unless it's changed I remember hijack missions stopping if your shields ran out.

i think they changed that a long time ago, though i remember it was like you said in the beginning. should be easy to test, but it doesn't really matter for anyone but maybe new players who ran the mission rather barebone ^^)

2 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

warframe was never only about the 'role' needed but also as what the player like playing when it came to the choice of frame and armament, so don't make this a relevancy argument. if it were, the mission would and should force us into a specific loadout, just like with some sortie conditions.

no, not quite. sure, nuker frames are the choice for many who want to finish a mission fast, but even with saryn in some skillfull hands many missions are not becoming a walk in the park. ofc, since you mention ember too, i guess you're talking about only low to mid level enemies here - i'd like to see you getting anywere with ember in a kuva lick mission with level 100+ grineers (oh yes, i tried that often enough - no fun at all). volt isn't nearly as powerfull as some made him either and vauban, while technically more a defense frame is really only good for defending objects when the enemies are not shooting at it from afar... good though in combination with other defense frames. you could even name nidus here too, since in questions of defense he is similar effective (or ineffective, depending on the circumstances). khora... well, whenever i have one in the team during a high(er) level defense (like) mission, i never saw any superiority in her being there - but that might be just the circumstances and i would have to test her myself in this regard. most of all frames, i would give saryn the tag as overkiller, but she isn't an easy frame to play (sure isn't my type, and i sure tried hard) and it shows often in pugs - the players skill is far more important with her than with most other frames.

i think they changed that a long time ago, though i remember it was like you said in the beginning. should be easy to test, but it doesn't really matter for anyone but maybe new players who ran the mission rather barebone ^^)

The point is we don't need to make easy missions even easier by eliminating a frame's usefulness.

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 1

Just now, Twilight-Knight said:

But do tell when they fix host migration problems, because it is not necessary being as a bug problem

No matter how hard they try they can’t fix Hosts with crap internet and potato hardware (which seems to be the major cause of Host Migrations). It’s best you just leave the missions if it shows any sign of huge lag.

20 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

The point is we don't need to make easy missions even easier by eliminating a frame's usefulness.

the only thing that it would make 'easier' is that we wouldn't have to hang around in the mission for ten minutes and more just because the damn excavatore keep being destroyed in mere seconds - or less, i had this happened often enough that they were shot the instant they came down. this isn't about being easy, this is about removing a pain in the arse problem that prevents people from caring to play this kind of mission - but yes, i'm all for options, so let people like you have the option to play with paper-excavs. i'm curious how many others you might find playing with you then or if you would play with such an option... i think, more people are annoyed by the flimsyness of the excavs than by any possible reduce of challenge (which only would be one if we had to finish the excavs intact multiple times to even being able to exit the mission succsessfully).

On 2020-02-27 at 5:11 AM, DrivaMain said:

No matter how hard they try they can’t fix Hosts with crap internet and potato hardware (which seems to be the major cause of Host Migrations). It’s best you just leave the missions if it shows any sign of huge lag.

Hm, what ?

I'm talking about screen stun when host left at check point of endless mission, specific to be is Index and relic mission. This situation just cause people have to left with them.

I don't know how you think I'm talking about hosts connection, because it's unavoidable as unpredictable and it's totally not the game's fault.

18 hours ago, Twilight-Knight said:

I don't know how you think I'm talking about hosts connection

because you wrote it...?

On 2020-02-26 at 11:06 PM, Twilight-Knight said:

But do tell when they fix host migration problems, because it is not necessary being as a bug problem.

...and what you think can cause them? sure, the 'regular' leaving does it too - you never said this though...

4 hours ago, Twilight-Knight said:

READ ALL.

all the twitter stuff? nope. why should i? it doesn't concern my post afterall... instead of pasting stuff in, write them yourself and do so in a manner people can understand without having to click on effing links.