The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gas damage NOT bypassing shields.

Alienami

52 minutes ago, Alienami said:

GAS damage isn't bypassing Corpus shields?

Gas damage never did that.

Gas procs used to inflict Toxin DOTs, but that's gone now, all you get is merely more Gas. Bleh.

(Mind, Gas procs - along with maybe Impact / Blast - are getting looked at and hopefully improved.)

No, it definitely used to bypass shields...

It used to force Toxin damage in an area... now its just "Gas" damage in area... so I guess this isn't a bug, but a nerf.

Gas without Magnetic is pointless for Corpus... Magnetic helps it not suck by disabling shield recharge or whatever it does now.

So, now we *have* to do like other factions and mix Gas with something, be it mod or weapon innate element, to get stuff like Gas + Rad for Infested, Gas + Fire for Grineer. Or at least do Gas and Slash or something to put enough pressure to get through the Corpus shields.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Gas_Damage

Edited by Alienami

I think you are confusing the old gas and the new gas. You're right that the new gas is now only dealing gas damage but gas (the element, not status proc) never bypassed shield, it is the toxin (created by gas cloud) that bypass shield. But that's been changed now, so gas proc only deals gas damage around the target and gas doesn't bypass shield.

2 hours ago, Yxivi said:

I think you are confusing the old gas and the new gas. You're right that the new gas is now only dealing gas damage but gas (the element, not status proc) never bypassed shield, it is the toxin (created by gas cloud) that bypass shield. But that's been changed now, so gas proc only deals gas damage around the target and gas doesn't bypass shield.

They say about 'slash damage', not gas

2 minutes ago, prnr said:

They say about 'slash damage', not gas

OP clearly said "blue damage ticks from Gas damage". 
In OP's 2nd response they even explained the old behavior of gas proc and said "now its just "Gas" damage in area".
OP understands that gas proc no longer creates toxin cloud but is still probably under the impression that the *now* gas cloud will behave like toxin (bypassing shield), but gas doesn't behave like that.

2 hours ago, Yxivi said:

OP clearly said "blue damage ticks from Gas damage". 
In OP's 2nd response they even explained the old behavior of gas proc and said "now its just "Gas" damage in area".
OP understands that gas proc no longer creates toxin cloud but is still probably under the impression that the *now* gas cloud will behave like toxin (bypassing shield), but gas doesn't behave like that.

I didn't see in the notes that Gas had been changed, then I read up on it via the Wiki... the change to Gas is a bad nerf in its damage output and viability unless you have room for another element to either add more DOTs or use Magnetic to neutralize shield recharge..

And the fact that a "Gas" cannot go through an energy shield, but a toxin fluid slapping against the shield can, is baffling... I mean, I can contrive a scenario where the shield repells it through use of the electromagnetic field / charge particles and such... but then that same logic would apply to a fluid on a shield that can stop basically all damage and projectiles and particles...and since Gas is allowed to hurt robots, it would logically eat through their filtration system the Corpus may or may not have as well.

If anything, they should make Explosive Damage do something useful on repeat attacks, make it good in some way against Shields: the shield would be weak to explosive damage because of sheer amount of energy / the pressure wave hitting it, thereby overloading either its ability to stop such a surge or to recover from such a surge... then people could run AOE explosive weapons modded for magnetic and toxin damage. 🙂

2 hours ago, Alienami said:

I didn't see in the notes that Gas had been changed, then I read up on it via the Wiki... the change to Gas is a bad nerf in its damage output and viability unless you have room for another element to either add more DOTs or use Magnetic to neutralize shield recharge..

And the fact that a "Gas" cannot go through an energy shield, but a toxin fluid slapping against the shield can, is baffling... I mean, I can contrive a scenario where the shield repells it through use of the electromagnetic field / charge particles and such... but then that same logic would apply to a fluid on a shield that can stop basically all damage and projectiles and particles...and since Gas is allowed to hurt robots, it would logically eat through their filtration system the Corpus may or may not have as well.

If anything, they should make Explosive Damage do something useful on repeat attacks, make it good in some way against Shields: the shield would be weak to explosive damage because of sheer amount of energy / the pressure wave hitting it, thereby overloading either its ability to stop such a surge or to recover from such a surge... then people could run AOE explosive weapons modded for magnetic and toxin damage. 🙂

They are looking into reworking gas, so you might wanna join in their feedback megathread and share your ideas for gas (and possibly some of the status too *cough* impact *cough*)
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1171911-warframe-revised-100-status-chance-shotgun-megathread/

• Like 1