Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Rebalancing

RX-74

it's really the only melee weapons right now that's can somewhat justify using it over guns. the other being Glaive, but that's not functionally a melee weapon.

if we need balance between melee weapons, buff others up to galatine's level.

admittedly, galatine COULD have a higher mastery requirement.

Dear lord, when will you get the following points:

- Weapons being overpowered or unviable is a core issue and needs lot of work not bandaid.

- Balancing things before armor 2.0 kicks in will only make more work for DE thus delaying the overhaul.

it's really the only melee weapons right now that's can somewhat justify using it over guns. the other being Glaive, but that's not functionally a melee weapon.

if we need balance between melee weapons, buff others up to galatine's level.

admittedly, galatine COULD have a higher mastery requirement.

OMG seriously? Wow. I would go orthos prime over this any day. 

Yeah that mastery level needs to be higher. Wouldn't want to see wielders die while it charges. >_<

Primes should be compared with other Primes and not with regular weapons that are not Primes.

so, I'm not aloud to compare Excalibur Prime to regular Excalibur? What about Mag Prime to regular Mag? Don't forget about Frost and Frost Prime, it appears I'm not aloud to compare those anymore, shame, I was hoping to get Frost Prime and not Frost but now I can't compare them to see what one's better or easier to get... shame

OMG seriously? Wow. I would go orthos prime over this any day. 

Yeah that mastery level needs to be higher. Wouldn't want to see wielders die while it charges. >_<

call me crazy all you want, but it's my opinion and the general consensus would support my point of view. how often do you see someone even swing and attempt to melee kill something. also, how many galatine do you see a day, and how many orthos/prime do you see a day?

as for the galatine having a slow charge, i can agree with that, sort of, it's slow, but it's not so slow the user is "dying while it charges". if you havent seen/used it modded, then dont try to mislead other people with misinformation. try it with maxed reflex coil and focus energy before you jump yo conclusions.

I'm waiting for a "Dread Rebalancing" thread at this point. 

The Galatine requires a charge to do it's massive damage. When it came out there were people saying Orthos Prime could still outdo it. Stop whining.

Edited by Colorswirl

Best way to rebalance Galatine?

Make all melee weapons as useful and potent as it is. 

That's the thing, there are different sorts of playstyles for melee... I decided to try out the Orthos I had locked away and it's so much faster than my Galatine but did I like it? No. You can't bring let's say a dual zorens up to the standard of a heavy type weapon because that'd be ridiculous.

call me crazy all you want, but it's my opinion and the general consensus would support my point of view. how often do you see someone even swing and attempt to melee kill something. also, how many galatine do you see a day, and how many orthos/prime do you see a day?

as for the galatine having a slow charge, i can agree with that, sort of, it's slow, but it's not so slow the user is "dying while it charges". if you havent seen/used it modded, then dont try to mislead other people with misinformation. try it with maxed reflex coil and focus energy before you jump yo conclusions.

this dude know what is right.

yeah galatine has 400 charge dmg, right, ist´s strong

but all who screams for a nerv forgett that the orthos,the sword which was bevor best, deals the half of that amazing dmg in less then the half time.

The charge crit is a big advantage and a disadvantage too. If u play a crit build u can´t use all dmg mods and loose dmg with each non crit hit.

so dont cry for nerv , play orthos/dual ichor, go wave 100 at any defence map and then we kan talk again about op

btw if a heared right there is the discussion to increase galatine to mastery rank 8

That's the thing, there are different sorts of playstyles for melee... I decided to try out the Orthos I had locked away and it's so much faster than my Galatine but did I like it? No. You can't bring let's say a dual zorens up to the standard of a heavy type weapon because that'd be ridiculous.

Nah, I don't mean make them all the same. I mean buff melee weapons to the point where they are as useable as the Galatine. So you can retain the characteristics of the Zoren (i.e. fast speed, crit build, whatever), but buff its stats so that you are rewarded for getting up close and personal with the enemy.

It has never made sense to me that I can stand some two hundred meters away from a crowd of Corpus Walkers and take them out in 3 seconds with a Soma, whereas if I risk my life to get within melee range of them, I do less damage and take more time to finish them off. 

In the state of the game right now, melee still can be used, but it is not useful. Apart from getting to chop your foe into two steaming halves which flop wetly onto the floor (after only like ten swings on higher levels), there is no incentive to melee. 

Edited by Darayas

there was made a sticky in this sub forum called:

Don't Even Nerf Thread 'till You Own It. [Please, Give It A Read]

here the link if its to hard to find for you @ Threat Opener

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53259-dont-even-nerf-thread-till-you-own-it-please-give-it-a-read/

its like it was made explicitly for users like the Opener that spam the forums with one liners like "nerf these nerf that".

you should stop that RX and invest your time into something meaningful.