Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Railjack Owners

Riger82

The Railjack quest needs to have some kind of small section that teaches players HOW to pilot the thing. I literally just had a mission where the owner of the ship I ended up in asked us how to even get into the pilot seat.

This was in veil proxima, somehow. So I can only assume they got carried thorugh a few intrinsic levels.

I've had several maps where I had to explain and show other team members how to exit the ship.

Can we please get some kind of buffer to teach these people who obviously need it? And if possible, make it so that the people who haven't finished it can't jump into YOUR ship's pilot seat and then get it blown up repeatedly?

1 minute ago, Riger82 said:

Can we please get some kind of buffer to teach these people who obviously need it?

This already exists in the form of the free roam node in the Earth Proxima.  The simplest solution would be for a dialog box after the RJ is crafted to pop up asking if the player wants to head to the free roam node.  If people already know (either because it's not their first account, they've watched videos or a friend has explained everything to them) then they can skip it but otherwise those entirely ignorant can figure things out.

4 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

And if possible, make it so that the people who haven't finished it can't jump into YOUR ship's pilot seat and then get it blown up repeatedly?

I see this as a symptom of another issue, that being the lack of control a captain has over their RJ.  Adding an option in the tac screen to decide who is able to pilot would be best, as well as the captain having priority over the pilot seat (meaning they can kick people off it).

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

The simplest solution would be for a dialog box after the RJ is crafted to pop up asking if the player wants to head to the free roam node.  If people already know (either because it's not their first account, they've watched videos or a friend has explained everything to them) then they can skip it but otherwise those entirely ignorant can figure things out.

That's not going to help, because they'll just skip it even if they haven't done anything. So making a mandatory 5 or so minute mission seems like a step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

(meaning they can kick people off it).

This sounds like an interesting idea that I could definitely get behind.

33 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Adding an option in the tac screen to decide who is able to pilot would be best, as well as the captain having priority over the pilot seat (meaning they can kick people off it).

Or these designations be set so people know what they're getting into Before.

"This game has a designated pilot, with authority to prevent others from flying, or remove them from game. Do you wish to enter?"
No thanks game, good heads up, though. I'll leave that king to their own hill..

Matches with tighter/looser afk, dibs on roles people agree to before starting, that sort of thing.

5 hours ago, Riger82 said:

The Railjack quest needs to have some kind of small section that teaches players HOW to pilot the thing. I literally just had a mission where the owner of the ship I ended up in asked us how to even get into the pilot seat.

This was in veil proxima, somehow. So I can only assume they got carried thorugh a few intrinsic levels.

I've had several maps where I had to explain and show other team members how to exit the ship.

Can we please get some kind of buffer to teach these people who obviously need it? And if possible, make it so that the people who haven't finished it can't jump into YOUR ship's pilot seat and then get it blown up repeatedly?

DE dont do tutorials, they info dump on a forum post then anything not covered you need to visit the 3rd party wiki, this has been the way since 2013, its not likely to change anytime soon.