Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New stance-combo dynamics

White_Matter

Not that we have insufficient stances, but it'd be alot cooler if we had more to choose from. Some of these stances have been here since melee 2.0.

Some weapons have multiple stances, but not all. And some stances aren't too different from each other. More variety would make things more fun. Like a decision between a mobile fast single attack stance vs a AOE slower and more stationary stance. Would spice up the game play significantly.

Nah, too much work to do even on adding 1 stance to the game and we have like 24? different melee weapon classes.

Do you remember Gunsen? Me neither, but it has only one stance for  like 6? patches already.

Crimson spear would add stance formas to the game, that may help a bit  with variety, but wont fix the problem if there is a problem at all

Stances are great, but the problem is they take time to make: concept, animations, testing, balancing.. it's a long process and that's why we don't get new Stances that often. I would obviously like more, but devs have to prioritise resources. we will get more eventually though, it's just gonna take a while.

19 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Not that we have insufficient stances, but it'd be alot cooler if we had more to choose from. Some of these stances have been here since melee 2.0.

Some weapons have multiple stances, but not all. And some stances aren't too different from each other. More variety would make things more fun. Like a decision between a mobile fast single attack stance vs a AOE slower and more stationary stance. Would spice up the game play significantly.

I made a suggestion from way back about an extra stance slot (on paper, accessible via alt fire) since the single-stance melee system currently in use starts to feel stale after a bit. Problem is, it'd be pretty useless for weapons with only one stance.