Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber Mod Is 15% Damage With 15% Extra Recoil.

austinrelis

Heavy caliber mod is 15% damage with 15% extra recoil.

Maxing that + serration and putting it on dera = tons of damage.

Suddenly supra became even harder to use.

The impracticallity is off the chart,and so is my newfound love for such uncontrollable dethmachinegunlazor

Flux Rifle and Dera... zomg the OPness to come. On another note, are you finding the Vaults in EVERY derelict mission or are they random spawns?

I did NOT find a Vault on Assassinate.

I've yet to test Survival and Defense.

On Capture and Exterminate, there was a vault on 100% of my runs so far.

Extra recoil affects mainly automatic weapons which have a recoil value; semi-auto weaponry will suffer far less since people are already naturally compensating recoil by controlling their rate of fire.

This means weapons like the Dera (which has no recoil), the bows (which fire a single shot per 'clip'), the Latron family (semi-automatics) and the sniper class weaponry will benefit greatly from those mods while weapons which uses burst fire or full auto will reduce their efficiency at range, making them extremely viable up close (think SMG) while needing much compensation downrange.

Also, there's need to know if it only affects vertical or horizontal recoil or both of them; if it's only vertical, then it can easily be compensated (so yay, more damage). If it's horizontal, it's a bit more tricky since it's a lot more random.

While you are right that serration is better for its respective cost, you are forgetting that the two mods stack. Also there are many weapons that receive no downsides from Heavy Caliber. Weapons like Ogris, Flux Rifle, any Bow, and the Synapse can use this mod and never feel its downsides.

I'm not forgetting it. It just makes no sense for them have the same benefit while being more expensive and negatively affecting most of our weaponry. I could get behind either larger boosts or lower cost, for example. If we take Magnum Force + Hornet Strike/Heavy Caliber + Serration as the new basis, they could switch bonuses around, for example. They could make Hornet Strike/Serration weaker and cheaper and boost the corrupted mods to make 'em better for their cost.

Edited by 101blubb