The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Find Myself Becoming More And More Bitter As The Days Progress

Luminati07

I understand how it works, however the problem is if you can expect it once in 50 shots, then with the soma's ammo supply you can expect to see roughly 13 procs if we assume you get exactly 1 proc per 50 bullets. Again, procs, outside of very high level runs are pretty much useless, and probably even then compared to building for pure damage.

(Note, I am assuming you get every proc on the 50th bullet obviously, and yeah, the chance of not having gotten a proc goes down with every bullet you fire, but the chance also never hits zero)

You haven't understood a single bit of the mathematics I provided. My calculation was NOT for once in every 50 shots, it was for at least once per 50 shots. The likelihood of getting at least one proc per 50 shots is 97%. You cannot in any way say that it is a low probability. The probability of a proc just once per 50 shots AND on the last shot is a very different calculation and one that is far less relevant. Your assumption that only one proc occurs and only on the 50th shot is entirely meaningless as it discards any actual system of probability. If you want to operate on your assumption, then fine. But it is in no way reflective of mathematics or the games' systems and it renders your argument entirely invalid.

You haven't understood a single bit of the mathematics I provided. My calculation was NOT for once in every 50 shots, it was for at least once per 50 shots. The likelihood of getting at least one proc per 50 shots is 97%. You cannot in any way say that it is a low probability.

Mm, true, I kinda ignored it, like I said, this isn't -that- big of an issue any more, so I've kind of lost interest in it really. This all started from something about how armor can still scale to stupidly high numbers, which it can.

Mm, true, I kinda ignored it, like I said, this isn't -that- big of an issue any more, so I've kind of lost interest in it really. This all started from something about how armor can still scale to stupidly high numbers, which it can.

Wow. Well, I'm glad I learned that I'm not to waste time on you in the future.

Only in late late Grineer Survival or Defense, which are outliers, and shouldn't be used to make alterations to the game as a whole. Even then you'll probably run into problems with enemy damage out put well before armor, and health become truly damning factors.

Wow. Well, I'm glad I learned that I'm not to waste time on you in the future.

Mk, for what it's worth, in the normal levels (well, outside of T3 defense) armor is mostly fine, as I've stated. Many times. What more do you want? A thread? Me to change my name to proclaim armor is fine in the system levels?

Only in late late Grineer Survival or Defense, which are outliers, and shouldn't be used to make alterations to the game as a whole. Even then you'll probably run into problems with enemy damage out put well before armor, and health become truly damning factors.

But it wouldn't be a massive change, capping it at 80% would work, and that's not even that late, at level 40 elite lancers have 85% DR, at level 35 a regular lancer has the same DR roughly, a level 30 trooper has 86%, and a seeker has 89% at level 30 (assuming the armor numbers on the wiki are correct).

Hey nuggets...I agree with your latest edit...actually had my sister gf try the game and she didn't like it for the reasons you stated...(granted she isn't that into FPS type games which she felt this was similar to). But the tutorial she felt was hard (hard as in not very helpful in explaining and left out a lot) and couldn't find how to redo it (on PC it is hidden happened to stumble across it by accident).

I think you should have the chance to try out all three starter frames for 72 hours before you have to pick one and in the mean time each time you switch frames your status is saved until your 72 hour mark is up then the progression on those other frames is reset but the one you picked is kept.

Edited by Zaresin

Hey nuggets...I agree with your latest edit...actually had my sister gf try the game and she didn't like it for the reasons you stated...(granted she isn't that into FPS type games which she felt this was similar to). But the tutorial she felt was hard (hard as in not very helpful in explaining and left out a lot) and couldn't find how to redo it (on PC it is hidden happened to stumble across it by accident).

I think you should have the chance to try out all three starter frames for 72 hours before you have to pick one and in the mean time each time you switch frames your status is saved until your 72 hour mark is up then the progression on those other frames is reset but the one you picked is kept.

Heh, I think you're looking at the final edit in the first post, which is regarding new player experience.

I do like the idea of giving the starter Warframes a go. I created a new account not long ago to test out the game from a newbie perspective, and choosing a Warframe was SO barebones, it was just...It was almost sad.

It gave me a short description of each one and that's it. Even with the descriptions, it barely helped at all.

The latest edit is actually about endgame :P

I have to agree with TC again this edit. I'd like to take a whack at the design of content and balance in this game at some point. Not sure how I'll handle it, but I'll need time for sure. Hopefully the feedback will actually be considered, course there's already plenty of feedback for them to take.

Edited by Xelorx

after reading that monster, im shocked that you continue to play the game.

most of us have hope for what Warframe can become, but im shocked you haven't take the Veteran "month" off until the next major content drop

I have.

In the last month and a half, I've played the game twice. Doing a grand total of 4 missions.

I have.

In the last month and a half, I've played the game twice. Doing a grand total of 4 missions.

In the last month and a half, I've played enough missions to get enough jadeleafs and dragonlilys for the Vermillion Antitoxin. I managed it with only a week or so left, maybe less. The Grineer started off at a reasonable level 15 or so when the Defense started, but at the end, they were level 36-37. Under the old system, that would be level 35-40 ending around level 90-100 or so. I pugged that Cicero mission with four others, technically five but the first to join simply saw it wasn't an extract based off the words Lotus said, so they left. We won that mission and three random people found themselves with enough points to get the Twin Viper Wraiths, thanks to my generosity.

Thing is, the RNG for those ingredients was such that if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't even bother. I got more burned out by the Gradivus when I was done grinding the 100 missions needed for the Brakk.

I must be a glutton for punishment or something.

• 2 weeks later...

So Nugget_, did you watch the livestream last week? I think it was last week anyway. I didn't get to see much of it, but I recall Rebecca pestering the devs to be forward with how they're going to handle RNG and they had this nervous look on their faces, like they didn't actually have a real solution in mind. Sadly, I ended up getting so busy with prior commitments that I only watched some of it.

So Nugget_, did you watch the livestream last week? I think it was last week anyway. I didn't get to see much of it, but I recall Rebecca pestering the devs to be forward with how they're going to handle RNG and they had this nervous look on their faces, like they didn't actually have a real solution in mind. Sadly, I ended up getting so busy with prior commitments that I only watched some of it.

I did. Was not happy.

It's gotten to the point where Rebecca seems to be the only...professional person on the stream. (which is her job. She's the face of DE to the community)

I'm all for the devs having fun, it lets us know they're human.

I know they're working hard. But, with the answers that were given and the attitude they had towards the situation, I think it's safe to say that Warframe's RNG is not going to be greatly improved any time soon.

Like you said, they didn't seem like they had a solution.

Honestly, and I know this is a very negative attitude to have, but I don't think DE has honestly thought of any kind of solution.

I think they assure us that it'll be fixed, but behind the closed doors, they aren't working on it at all.

Probably some people out there that disagree with me, but that's my opinion.

These days, I take DE's words with a kilogram of salt, and I don't believe a thing they say until it happens.

Probably some people out there that disagree with me, but that's my opinion.

These days, I take DE's words with a kilogram of salt, and I don't believe a thing they say until it happens.

You're going to kill yourself ingesting that much salt. 

You're going to kill yourself ingesting that much salt. 

Haha, true, true.

Just to build on my last comment.

I want to say, why should DE work on fixing RNG?

Yeah, the forums are constantly up in arms about it, but what reason does DE have to actually pursue a genuine solution?

They're obviously doing pretty well for themselves, what with the PS4 release and the thousands of players, so why should they work on fixing it?

The new players spend plat because none of the game is explained to them. By the time they reach the Void and get burned out by RNG, DE already has their money. Yeah, this is just the cynic inside me talking, but it's a genuine question. Is there actually a reason why DE should focus on RNG?

I think that's what they ask themselves. Do we need to fix RNG as soon as possible?

And, honestly, from a profit's perspective (inb4 Corpus joke), the answer is no.

Haha, true, true.

Just to build on my last comment.

I want to say, why should DE work on fixing RNG?

Yeah, the forums are constantly up in arms about it, but what reason does DE have to actually pursue a genuine solution?

They're obviously doing pretty well for themselves, what with the PS4 release and the thousands of players, so why should they work on fixing it?

The new players spend plat because none of the game is explained to them. By the time they reach the Void and get burned out by RNG, DE already has their money. Yeah, this is just the cynic inside me talking, but it's a genuine question. Is there actually a reason why DE should focus on RNG?

I think that's what they ask themselves. Do we need to fix RNG as soon as possible?

And, honestly, from a profit's perspective (inb4 Corpus joke), the answer is no.

U12 is now here. The things that enrage me the most are how Volt and Banshee are now clan dojo-research items. This just made it impossible for players new to the game to give them a try unless they get lucky and are invited into a clan. Oh and Frost's Snowglobe now has health tied to rank and power strength. At max rank, it's base health is like, 3,000 or so. Even when fully beefed up, that's probably at best 6,000 or so health trying to stand against hordes of high level grineer and corpus firing at it. I suppose Valkyr's Hysteria got a decent buff, but her base armor is now 600, now like armor is super useful anyway, what with bleed procs from eviscerators and such.

I heard the new clan-tech weapons take 12 days total or something, some insane number.

edit: New numbers fort researching/crafting Zephyr are in! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173181-it-takes-nearly-half-a-month-to-build-zephyr-free/

Yes, it seems Zephyr is now research only for who knows how long and the earliest you can access her without spending plat is 6-7 days, 14 days at most. Personally this scares me, that DE might end up putting all the new frames not tied to boss drops behind the dojo-wall.

Edited by NalkorRN

U12 is now here. The things that enrage me the most are how Volt and Banshee are now clan dojo-research items. This just made it impossible for players new to the game to give them a try unless they get lucky and are invited into a clan. Oh and Frost's Snowglobe now has health tied to rank and power strength. At max rank, it's base health is like, 3,000 or so. Even when fully beefed up, that's probably at best 6,000 or so health trying to stand against hordes of high level grineer and corpus firing at it. I suppose Valkyr's Hysteria got a decent buff, but her base armor is now 600, now like armor is super useful anyway, what with bleed procs from eviscerators and such.

I heard the new clan-tech weapons take 12 days total or something, some insane number.

edit: New numbers fort researching/crafting Zephyr are in! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173181-it-takes-nearly-half-a-month-to-build-zephyr-free/

Yes, it seems Zephyr is now research only for who knows how long and the earliest you can access her without spending plat is 6-7 days, 14 days at most. Personally this scares me, that DE might end up putting all the new frames not tied to boss drops behind the dojo-wall.

It actually takes around 6-7 days, which is a fair wait considering you're getting the warframe for FREE. Volt and Banshee were pretty hard to get BEFORE U12, you have people getting them in just a few runs or you have people like me who've spent months. Now, you have a tangible goal to work for. It's not hard to get invited to a clan, just go to the recruitment tab and ask.

RNG is the problem, now you have 3 Warframes outside of the RNG blockade. The dojo lab is a GOOD thing, there's no RNG in researching equipment.

Edited by FuryEnder

• 2 weeks later...

hey Nugget.

people were asking for possibility to trade bps and parts like months ago. De listened and delivered. Enjoy.

As Oscar Wilde said:

There are two terrible things to the human:
First - When he does not get what he wants. 
Second - When he gets what he wants. 
Second is worse ...
Edited by Althix

Prime trading...

I am in two minds about this, probably as are most of us who are not high level vets but are not noobs or relatively new.

1. I can get the missing parts for my prime weapons and warframes

2. I worked hard for my prime weapons that's I have (Paris and Dakra) and now people can just buy the parts and bps? WTF DE?