The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Fury, Primed Vigor, or Primed Shred?

FadeToNull

Question

Update: went with Fury. Thx all. Comments still welcome of course.

~ ~ ~

Just logged in and found out it's day 200.

Ok, forget Primed Mag Dump. Guns are kinda niche in this game.

My sense is the meta is Fury (I think?) But there's other ways to get attack speed. My problem is usually survivability, not dealing damage.

And shields are good now, they say. It's a dillemma...

Edited by FadeToNull
  • Like 1

8 answers to this question

Primed Fury and Primed Shred are excellent. You sound like you prefer melee over guns, but be aware that Arcane Strike can act as a Primed Fury replacement if you're willing to sacrifice an arcane slot.

Primed Vigor rarely, if ever, sees use-- most frames will want to specialize in either health or shields, rather than using both.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:
  1. Primed Fury (No Contest)

Any particular reason?

Dealing damage is rarely a problem in this game. We are pretty OP when it comes to dmg. For melee, absurdly OP.

Just curious why the melee mod is priority 1 "no contest."

4 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

Any particular reason?

• It's the go-to for any status only melees. Albeit melee 3.0 didn't treat them too kindly IMO.
  • It goes on quite a few exalted melees, since they cant use acolyte mods.
  • It's multiplicative with Berserker, so on some melee's it's worth double stacking.
  • Etc...

17 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Primed Fury and Primed Shred are excellent. You sound like you prefer melee over guns, but be aware that Arcane Strike can act as a Primed Fury replacement if you're willing to sacrifice an arcane slot.

Primed Vigor rarely, if ever, sees use-- most frames will want to specialize in either health or shields, rather than using both.

Thanks for the advice. I'm starting to reconsider primed shred. I love bows and that speed & punch-through could really help a bow work better in a horde mode game.

Primed Fury is something I personally stick on every melee, even over Berserker, because I don't like having my attack speed ramping up and down.

Primed Shred is something I've never actually stuck on anything, ever. It's got a huge cost and a lot of the things you'd stick Vile Acceleration on already have enough punch-through.

Primed Vigor is actually pretty useful for specific niche builds. For example, Zephyr's base health and shields are so high that it alone is enough to give her better raw values than some frames using both Redirection and Vitality, and some people put it on their Vex Armor Chroma to grab more Armor before they start incurring Health damage.

Edited by Dreddeth
Reformatting
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreddeth said:

Primed Fury is something I personally stick on every melee, even over Berserker, because I don't like having my attack speed ramping up and down.

Primed Shred is something I've never actually stuck on anything, ever. It's got a huge cost and a lot of the things you'd stick Vile Acceleration on already have enough punch-through.

Primed Vigor is actually pretty useful for specific niche builds. For example, Zephyr's base health and shields are so high that it alone is enough to give her better raw values than some frames using both Redirection and Vitality, and some people put it on their Vex Armor Chroma to grab more Armor before they start incurring Health damage.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate the detailed guidance. I decided to go with Fury.

Yeah I suspected there was more to Vigor. Maybe I'll grab that next time, if there is one.

• Like 1