The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syncing PC account with Switch in 2020

ninjalord131

I have a 6 year old PC account and never had any intention of buying a Switch until Animal Crossing came out this year.

I come to recently learn old news about players being able to link their old PC accounts with their Switch; an offer that is no longer available at this time.

Now knowing this, I feel very little reason to even bother playing on Switch at all if I'm required to have 2 separate accounts in 2 vastly different states of progression.

Playing alongside others who were able to take advantage of something I wasnt, and should be able to at any time makes for a very disheartening experience towards something I was otherwise very excited for.

Myself and many others in similar situations would like to know if there is any intention of allowing PC players to sync their PC account with their new Switch once again.

3 minutes ago, ninjalord131 said:

Myself and many others in similar situations would like to know if there is any intention of allowing PC players to sync their PC account with their new Switch once again.

It is doubtful. There has only ever been one event per console to let you transfer the data.

DE has mentioned that they would like to allow 'cross-progression'. So it is possible that some point in the future you will get the option. There is no ETA or confirmation of if this even happening. I would suggest you assume it isn't, or will be quite far off.

3 minutes ago, ninjalord131 said:

Let's put it like that:
Warframe came out on PS4 in 2013. There was a migration from PC to PS4 when Warframe launched on PS4. No migration took place since back then...

That being said DE would like to make something happen called cross-progress. This means you could play on PC and on Switch, having the same progress on both platforms.
But DE only said they are looking into it. In financials, how to approach this kind of thing etc.
For now we don't know if it will happen for real. The only thing we know is that DE is interested (But keep in mind, if DE doesn't find a way to properly do it, then they won't do it...)

Gerade eben schrieb WhiteMarker:

Let's put it like that:
Warframe came out on PS4 in 2013. There was a migration from PC to PS4 when Warframe launched on PS4. No migration took place since back then...

That being said DE would like to make something happen called cross-progress. This means you could play on PC and on Switch, having the same progress on both platforms.
But DE only said they are looking into it. In financials, how to approach this kind of thing etc.
For now we don't know if it will happen for real. The only thing we know is that DE is interested (But keep in mind, if DE doesn't find a way to properly do it, then they won't do it...)

It won't, you forget one improtant detail here, Beta, PC are the Beta testers, bringing all together will mean all have the same bugs and no one to test before releasing it on the other platfroms. And i doubt they will suddenly pay beta testers for it and for beta servers to test on, not DE but there money givers. They control all and all they want ot see are nice numbers without having to put monesy and effort in.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

It won't, you forget one improtant detail here, Beta, PC are the Beta testers, bringing all together will mean all have the same bugs and no one to test before releasing it on the other platfroms. And i doubt they will suddenly pay beta testers for it and for beta servers to test on, not DE but there money givers. They control all and all they want ot see are nice numbers without having to put monesy and effort in.

Yes and no.
They could make it happen in some fashion. For example only items carry over. And unreleased stuff isn't usable and such.
This way people wouldn't have to start all over on a new platform.
And this is the reason for what I said before. DE is looking into it.

Gerade eben schrieb WhiteMarker:

Yes and no.
They could make it happen in some fashion. For example only items carry over. And unreleased stuff isn't usable and such.
This way people wouldn't have to start all over on a new platform.
And this is the reason for what I said before. DE is looking into it.

Well, yes this happens already when they do this when a new console comes out, but imagine it all the times simply.

They have to make space for it, have to keep track on the versions sitll, and people play new content, how can you play together then if you are still weeks or months behind?

It simply not works in the long run, causing more work then its worth for them.

They said alot and "looking into it" often buddy, i like them but i not take there word for full till i see it, i remidn oyu of minor side projects like Zephyrs Deluxe skin, the Dual weilding Glaive and Pistol, able ot do this with other melees, the long needed overhaul of bosses like Phorid and the Seargent, reworks on certain systems and Warframes, etc.

So no, i onyl believe it when i see it and not because someone, somwhere at a certain time in a Devstream said it.

I love the game still and want it evolve, but time showed over and over agian how such promsies turned out.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

They have to make space for it, have to keep track on the versions sitll, and people play new content, how can you play together then if you are still weeks or months behind?

This is the thing:
The don't want to make cross-play happen. That's bascially off the table. But cross-progress is another thing.
Cross-progress just means having the same items on the different platforms, but you can't play on PS4 and be matched with a PC player, because of the different versions.

Look, this thread isn't about if something will happen, because nobody knows that.
I just shared information we have so far.

3 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

They said alot and "looking into it" often buddy, i like them but i not take there word for full till i see it, i remidn oyu of minor side projects like Zephyrs Deluxe skin, the Dual weilding Glaive and Pistol, able ot do this with other melees, the long needed overhaul of bosses like Phorid and the Seargent, reworks on certain systems and Warframes, etc.

I mean, what you just described is basically the definition of "looking into something". For cross progress at least they never said that it WILL happen. They said it might happen. And if it doesn't happen they didn't break any promisses.
I, for example, couldn't care less for cross progress. As I said above I just wanted to share that piece of information before someone comes to this thread spreading rumoes by saying that DE will make it happen in 2020 or something like that. (Because stuff like that happenes way too often...)

vor 5 Minuten schrieb WhiteMarker:

This is the thing:
The don't want to make cross-play happen. That's bascially off the table. But cross-progress is another thing.
Cross-progress just means having the same items on the different platforms, but you can't play on PS4 and be matched with a PC player, because of the different versions.

Look, this thread isn't about if something will happen, because nobody knows that.
I just shared information we have so far.

I mean, what you just described is basically the definition of "looking into something". For cross progress at least they never said that it WILL happen. They said it might happen. And if it doesn't happen they didn't break any promisses.
I, for example, couldn't care less for cross progress. As I said above I just wanted to share that piece of information before someone comes to this thread spreading rumoes by saying that DE will make it happen in 2020 or something like that. (Because stuff like that happenes way too often...)

That is true and i can agree on that yes.

I not wanted to offend you in anyway.

Excusing myself here and moving on.

Just now, Marine027 said:

That is true and i can agree on that yes.

I not wanted to offend you in anyway.

Excusing myself here and moving on.

Didn't feel offended. I just wanted to make myself clear.
I'm with you on it being highly unlikely to ever happen.
But then again, I'm interested to see DE's approach on this matter if they tried to make it happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...