Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glad to see DE "respecting" our time as always

Dragazer

So, anyone who grinded out the event before today's hotfix gets slapped in the face because now credits are twice as easy to farm? We had to put up with all the annoying bugs that came with this event, the least you could have done is inbox us the credits we would have earned from the new scoring.

And why are consoles also getting the event extended a week for a total of 5 weeks, when they didn't even have to deal with any of this events nonsense? 

• Like 8

On one hand I agree. On the other, you'd agreed to do the initial grind at the initial rates. It's the lesser of two evils that the changes have taken place, even without there being retroactive changes.. another reason being, those who are most deeply involved in the game's market/economy would have their value take a hit from retroactive change, as well as any players who had trades take place at the original cost requesting refunds should the cost be refunded to the seller.. What I mean is, there's no right way to do it, just a better way.

Eh this is kinda why I thought they should have pushed 15k Appolocredits instead of doubling peoples credits at a time when credit scoring was very unreliable, some people wherer getting hammered and some people where having zero issues. Because it disproportionately awarded points to people who weren't having issues and in many instances doubling peoples credits didn't even bring them to the number of credits they should have had. 

IMO the retroactive credit adjustment should have been held off till now when the credits have been mostly working for a while and they had adjusted the payouts. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

On one hand I agree. On the other, you'd agreed to do the initial grind at the initial rates. It's the lesser of two evils that the changes have taken place, even without there being retroactive changes.. another reason being, those who are most deeply involved in the game's market/economy would have their value take a hit from retroactive change, as well as any players who had trades take place at the original cost requesting refunds should the cost be refunded to the seller.. What I mean is, there's no right way to do it, just a better way.

I have issue with this. This just sets a precedent of not bothering to touch new content because the grind you do will be made pointless in just a week.

They don't seem to have issue with consoles plat economy where they'll be getting the extended 5 week event with double credit scoring all throughout with far less bugs to deal with that would have slowed their progress.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

This just sets a precedent of not bothering to touch new content because the grind you do will be made pointless in just a week.

If you don't agree to the terms of the grind, they will have to change it.

In this case, they still changed it, which is great... and refunding it all, benefiting people who cheesed with Limbo, would harm other aspects, as well as the players who did was it was super uncool at the previous rate.

6 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

In this case, they still changed it, which is great... and refunding it all, benefiting people who cheesed with Limbo, would harm other aspects, as well as the players who did was it was super uncool at the previous rate.

There are still plenty of frames and strats that can cheese the event just as well as Limbo could. The limbo nerf has not slowed anything down by a long shot. Since DE has done such an amazing job at "respecting" our time I'll leave it to them to figure it out. 

24 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

There are still plenty of frames and strats that can cheese the event

Like Khora? Hydroid? Inaros? ..as for CC, many of them have either no effect or not enough to compensate. The Limbo strat was so cheesy and turn key they reworked it. So, you had the easiest method to obtain during the worst time to get those rewards... and now with a less easy method, you get much better reward for your time.

While nothing is perfect, and this conversation is evident of that... them changing the rewards to be More rewarding, IS them respecting your time. You may see more chances for them to respect you more.. and people have a pretty limitless imagination for that.. but that step was taken as a respect to player, even if not the most complete and extreme version one can imagine.