The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where to level archwing weapons fast?

shann_cs

Question

1 hour ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Do you guys even realize that this thread is old from 4 April 2020 and you guys are arguing about leeching until now?

Do you even realize that i said it in each of my replies?

Archguns - easiest method is get a gravimag and use standard stealth leveling tactics to level them in standard missions (non-RJ non-archwing)

Archwings - You can also stealth exp archwings in open roam maps. However, this is takes a lot of practice to get effective at - it's a big time investment, but the returns are there (it's also best done solo, with an ivara and a good sniper rifle imo, high altitude switch to frame, sleep arrow, back to archwing, and snipe targets, once they alert )aka sleep arrow wears off)- move to a different group to keep the stealth bonus going).  Is it better? Debatable - but it's an option for when you get board out of your mind leveling archwings.  Orb Vallis would be map recommendation, as there are no combat air unit.  

If you have a leveled arch weapon - Caelus, Uranus (interception) on steel path awards bonus affinity for point captures, and controlling all points, letting one go and retaking repeatedly will earn faster affinity.  Steel Path archwing missions really aren't that much more difficult btw. especially with a team.  A friendly Itzal makes this much easier, and your job become just staying alive, and helping where and when you can (or hang out in their inviso field and clobber stuff).  This is the mission I solo when I want to forms an archwing as a side note.

Which leaves Archmelees - those require Archwing / RJ missions.

If doing the Archwing missions with groups - be sure to bring flairs (Fosfor Blau or Fosfor Rash from Nekak [sp?] in Cestus) to increase affinity range.  Railjack missions don't require them though (the map is your affinity range), but harder content eats archwings pretty fast, so have your teleport ability unlocked so you can omni tool back to the railjack, because picks up in space are a royal pain (and if you don't get a pick up - all the bonus affinity goes bye-bye).

It is of course best to do Archmeless with a group of like minded people working specifically on them - to increase the affinity, if you're the only one using an Archmelee, there's not much bonus to be had.

At this point I've mastered every archwing, and have 2 itzal's (because they are incompatible forma layouts), so I've done this.. a lot.

• Like 1

Search engines are going to provide this link for an answer to their question about where to level up weapons/archwings so yeah, it might be a necropost but it's a useful one, especially since people updated it with useful info that is current.  

Also... since when is helping team members level up their weaponry by covering for them and doing dps etc considered leaching?  Leaching is when you go into somewhere and stand around and do nothing while others level you up.  It's teamwork to help one another level weapons...especially in archwing where the leveling of stuff can go slower since there's no sanctuary onslaught version for that.  Also...if you use Sanctuary Onslaught, are you considered to be leaching too? lol.  Let it go. No one is telling anyone to cheat the system and manipulate others.  

Salacia (or Steel Path AW mobile defence on Earth, for much easier to navigate map with about the same XP/run) is still my fav method, but if you categorically don't want that, and/or want to level mechs, there's Veil survival.

NO affinity range,. mechs allowed, so if you have one you don't need to gravmag the gun AND you can forma the mech at the same time, highest lvls this side of Steel Path.

The only downside is no individual extraction like in ground survival.