Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some changes to help put some new life into Warframe

Aarangi

There seems to be quite a bit of rumbling these days as to how to fix Warframe and after listening to some opinions, I have thought of some ideas to help give some quality of life improvements.

1: The ability for clans to able research a blueprint to turn mutagen masses, fieldron, and dentonite injectors back into mutagen samples, fieldron samples, and dentonite ampules. This would help to cut out some of the resource grind for clan projects like the Hema and it would also give people more reasons to run the invasions.

2: Following on from the last one, the clan blueprints for converting ground resources into Railjack resources. This would link two types of resources together and would help some with grind burn out. An example of what I am getting at: a blueprint that turns 10K Plastids and 10K nano spores into 100 Pustrels.  Or a blueprint that turns 10K cryotic and 10 Argon crystals into 100 Asterite.

3: Cetus. Cetus as I understand the lore is a market. While we have some vendors that we can trade Ostron standing in for items, I think we can expand on Cetus' usability by making a trading hub for Plains of Edolon and Orb Vallis resources. tenno could trade resources between each other and there could also be other NPC's that have also been out farming resources and we can trade with them and have it so that their inventory changes depending the trades that they have made as well as what they have 'farmed' from the plains. An example of this could be 20 Breath of the Edolons for 1 Edolon shard.

Just some ideas.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aarangi said:

This would help to cut out some of the resource grind for clan projects like the Hema

ah the Hema... truly a scar on warframe's history that never fades. I think if they were ever meaning to go back and change it, they would have by now. then again, it took this long for primed Chamber to return, so who knows, maybe in a couple of years DE will tweak it. I know it takes a LOT of grind for larger clans, but that gun has been out for years, I'm surprised so many people still haven't gotten close to getting it yet.

clan blueprints for converting ground resources into Railjack resources.

the only way that would work would be if it took a very large amount of regular resources in exchange for a very small amount of a Railjack resource: otherwise there would be no incentive for clans to play railjack missions. now you may or may not like railjack, but you can bet your bottom dollar that it's going to be shoehorned into most, if not all, future content updates, and those who don't play railjack to gather resources and upgrade their ship are going to be left behind, made to go through a grindwall in order to catch up to those of us who embraced railjack form the beginning. there's always the chance that some of the resource grinds will be improved, they made Titanium and Asterite much more bearable. but seriously, if you haven't invested in railjack, start soon; you can thank me later when DE makes railjack mandatory for cinematic portion of the New War.

Cetus.

trading resources would be nice, but again, there's running the risk of alleviating a little too much of the grind: yes, nobody wants to slog through hours of mining, but if you give everything to someone, then what is left for them to achieve? that's why there has to be a balance, and sometimes restrictions on certain things. DE could have easily put in resource trading from the beginning, but they never did, because it's just too convenient. going back tot he railjack resource thing, it would only even be considered by DE if you were getting a very small amount of the desirable item (which in your example would be the Eidolon Shards). it would be more like 100 breath = 1 shard, and I think even that is being generous.

ultimately, you aren't wrong to want these kinds of changes, but the chances of them ever being considered seriously, let alone implemented, are minimal. the best we can do is scream and shout when the grind gets too much and hope that DE notice: it's usually worked in the past, it's working with Scarlet Spear, and it should still work in the future.. hopefully.

TL;DR: you're wanting things to be easier, which is fine, but there's little incentive for DE to make them easier. also I see railjack gear checks on the horizon.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

ah the Hema... truly a scar on warframe's history that never fades. I think if they were ever meaning to go back and change it, they would have by now. then again, it took this long for primed Chamber to return, so who knows, maybe in a couple of years DE will tweak it. I know it takes a LOT of grind for larger clans, but that gun has been out for years, I'm surprised so many people still haven't gotten close to getting it yet.

The mutagen masses/ samples was the resources that I was aiming at, but it wouldn't be balanced if I didn't include the others.

Agreed, it is a scar. One can hope. I am in a small clan that due to Railjack grinding, Scarlet Spear Grinding, Plains and Fortuna Grinding, we haven't had time to work on the researching the Hema and there isn't many people that want to run Orokin Derelicts (or have the gear for them yet).

23 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

The only way that would work would be if it took a very large amount of regular resources in exchange for a very small amount of a Railjack resource: otherwise there would be no incentive for clans to play railjack missions. now you may or may not like railjack, but you can bet your bottom dollar that it's going to be shoehorned into most, if not all, future content updates, and those who don't play railjack to gather resources and upgrade their ship are going to be left behind, made to go through a grindwall in order to catch up to those of us who embraced railjack form the beginning. there's always the chance that some of the resource grinds will be improved, they made Titanium and Asterite much more bearable. but seriously, if you haven't invested in railjack, start soon; you can thank me later when DE makes railjack mandatory for cinematic portion of the New War.

My example was around 10K, but it could be raised or lowered as needed, but if you don't have a figure, you can't adjust. Agreed, I had my railjack built before they lowered the costs of it, I just need to work on kitting it out so it is function for Saturn or Void (When I get the intrinsics up to that point). That was a nightmare of a grind as when Railjack dropped, I had not completed the Sacrifice or gotten an amp, so I have been on a grind fest and am slightly burnt out from it.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

trading resources would be nice, but again, there's running the risk of alleviating a little too much of the grind: yes, nobody wants to slog through hours of mining, but if you give everything to someone, then what is left for them to achieve? that's why there has to be a balance, and sometimes restrictions on certain things. DE could have easily put in resource trading from the beginning, but they never did, because it's just too convenient. going back tot he railjack resource thing, it would only even be considered by DE if you were getting a very small amount of the desirable item (which in your example would be the Eidolon Shards). it would be more like 100 breath = 1 shard, and I think even that is being generous.

You make a very valid point with that risk and I will admit, I more than likely estimated on the very low side. Your numbers are very likely more accurate.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

ultimately, you aren't wrong to want these kinds of changes, but the chances of them ever being considered seriously, let alone implemented, are minimal. the best we can do is scream and shout when the grind gets too much and hope that DE notice: it's usually worked in the past, it's working with Scarlet Spear, and it should still work in the future.. hopefully.

I think you are quite right there. The outrage on the grind for Scarlet Spear was noticed as well as Railjack. I too hope that will keep working in the future. To DE's credit, they aren't as bad as developers of some other games that I play, but they aren't infallible either.

Well, did you ever ask yourself why DE added new ressources for each content update since PoE?

I mean, even stuff like the Remaster of an existing Tileset (Jupiter Gas City) was connected with the addition of a new ressource, although there technically was "nothing new".

DE does this on purpose, its just a method for them to make sure everyone spends a certain amount of time grinding those ressources.

You might call this lazy or annoying but thats how it is. I would already be happy if there would be a future Update without new ressources, but i guess even thats too much to ask for..

27 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Well, did you ever ask yourself why DE added new resources for each content update since PoE?

I mean, even stuff like the Remaster of an existing Tileset (Jupiter Gas City) was connected with the addition of a new resource, although there technically was "nothing new".

DE does this on purpose, its just a method for them to make sure everyone spends a certain amount of time grinding those resources.

You might call this lazy or annoying but thats how it is. I would already be happy if there would be a future Update without new resources, but i guess even that's too much to ask for..

It would be nice, but as you said adding new resources is how the game is played these days. Nothing is to say that we can't have some streamlining of the grind process though.

i would love to be able to trade my excess resources for other resources with reasonably balanced exchange rates depending on rarity of resource or how new it is. Im not asking for a huge headstart on new resources, but it would be nice if i could trade almost all of my old useless resources for at least a mission or two worth of grind of new resource. It would just feel good. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

DE can refund people for Railjack research and yet refuse to refund clans for their mutagen samples on the Hema, they will not refund people who crafted arcanes either, double standards everywhere.