Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revamped Riven System

Arjora

Due to the recent riven disposition changes, that sparked waves of discontent among the community I have come to the realization that the current system needs to be revamped to alleviate further frustrations.

What we have now :

1) Obtain the Mod ( Sorties , Tactical Alerts, Gift from the Lotus, Arbitration Honors, Cephalon Simaris,Riven Slivers Crafting);

RNG layer 1 = riven weapon type (except Simaris and Arbitrations);

2)  Reveal the Mod (By completing a random mission afferent to the mod you wish to unveil ) ; 

RNG layer 2 =  weapon unveil (the more weapons being released the lower the probability of getting what you want , it doesn't work that good on the long run );

3) Rolling the mod to get the desired properties : (Pretty  much straight forward , farm lots of Kuva , and roll the riven ; saw mods with 100 Rolls that is insane amount of farming and time spent ) ;

RNG layer 3 = rolling the stats using Kuva. (This is tedious at best for the average player , good rivens are out of reach for new players (mastery restricted ) unless they buy them and make sure the have the appropriate mastery level.)

My Suggestion :
1) Obtain the Mod ;  Crafting the riven from the Riven Slivers ; (Riven Slivers should be a more common drop , railjack , sorties , nightmare , arbitrations , events ) =>Veiled Riven , no weapon type , no mastery restrictions,

2) Reveal the Mod : Sacrifice lvl 30 corresponding weapon to obtain the Riven for that said weapon  // if you don't sacrifice you get the a random weapon riven.

3)Roll the riven : Sacrifice the corresponding mods for the desired properties , with an additional cost of kuva  // if the player does not want to sacrifice it will get the random mod properties.

Example :
I want a nikana riven with: increased damage , attack speed, and combo duration, (we have 3 positives , we need a negative ) and also i select a mod what will convey a negative bonus that least impacts the build.
For this i will sacrifice a lvl 30 nikana  at the reveal phase , and for the positive bonus: Pressure Point ,Fury, Body Count  , for the negative : Heavy trauma
i will obtain the riven for nikana with + Damage , +Combo Durration , +Attack Speed, -Impact Damage; 
The numbers are calculated based on the sacrificed mods and the weapon disposition  and should be static  , no random factor in their calculation  no min max riven , the only thing that will affect the final value would be the disposition.

You give the player more control and it feels more rewarding to get exactly what you want after investing time and money. lets not forget this is a pve game nerffing is not the way.
Best regards to DE team, i hope you consider this advice, before this drama unfolds... completely !

Edited by Arjora

How about we remove Rivens seeing what failed Bandaid they are still are.

Rivens are the worst thing that happened ot Warframe so far besides the latest updates since PoE.

We need true balance, not more power creep with this, give them at least onyl to weapons that really need them without the RNG mechanic and a extra slot for Rivens for those weapons only.

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Arjora:

Is far too late for that , people have invested time and money , removing it completely without generating a massive backlash would not be a solution.

You mean like with the Dispostiion screwing peopel over there invested Rivens?

It happened already, rather remove them and life with the S#&$storm then letting this go down deeper as it is already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

It happened already, rather remove them and life with the S#&$storm then letting this go down deeper as it is already.

I don't think it can possibly get any worse than this. I think it's rock bottom if you ask me... or maybe I'm too optimistic

Edited by Arjora

26 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Actually old meta weapons like Tigris Prime and Soma Prime dispo is slowly climbing up. Also, 0.5 Dispo still have a use sure it's not as crazy OP as before but it still worth a mod slot.

• Like 1

So I basicly need 2 weapons maxed if I want a riven for it? And I choose the stats? I mean it sounds good but it would mess up the ingame market so much(not including the rage from people) because rn the only things you can sell without sitting on it for ages are generally wanted riven mods, liches with empheras and the new primed frame(realese week only) this would make it even harder for new/returning players to get plat. 
I would really like to get a tiberon riven and some other weapons and this would help for sure but would reduce the prices too much(even tho rn it's too high)

• Like 1

Forgive me, I'm a sort of newb with Rivens (in how they work, like being changed). But some of my best weapons got a slight stat nerf today. My Zaw (Sepfahn) went from 210% Crit to 196%, same with my Reaper Prime, both had really good rivens.

Am I to expect these will get lower and lower? Thanks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlackheartGuardian said:

Forgive me, I'm a sort of newb with Rivens (in how they work, like being changed). But some of my best weapons got a slight stat nerf today. My Zaw (Sepfahn) went from 210% Crit to 196%, same with my Reaper Prime, both had really good rivens.

Am I to expect these will get lower and lower? Thanks.

It depends on the riven disposition.
To be blunt : if your favorite weapons are popular among the playerbase then yes otherwise no.
If a said weapon is popular among the players then that means its part of a meta meaning the riven disposition will be lowered (aka riven nerf). Also unpopular weapons will get a riven disposition boost .
Rivens are not about balancing because they always change and are inconsistent... based on usage statistics.
Players should stop investing into inconsistent things , is like crypto in a way.

Edited by Arjora
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AltairFerenc said:

So I basicly need 2 weapons maxed if I want a riven for it? And I choose the stats? I mean it sounds good but it would mess up the ingame market so much(not including the rage from people) because rn the only things you can sell without sitting on it for ages are generally wanted riven mods, liches with empheras and the new primed frame(realese week only) this would make it even harder for new/returning players to get plat. 
I would really like to get a tiberon riven and some other weapons and this would help for sure but would reduce the prices too much(even tho rn it's too high)

Well it will mess up the economy  but , it will solve the problem once and for all , is better than removing all rivens.  Hint : "Primed Chamber" now everybody has it , before baro that mod was like 50 000 plat , so they did it already. Or the arcanes.... so yes , some sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

Edited by Arjora

40 minutes ago, Arjora said:

Well it will mess up the economy  but , it will solve the problem once and for all , is better than removing all rivens.  Hint : "Primed Chamber" now everybody has it , before baro that mod was like 50 000 plat , so they did it already. Or the arcanes.... so yes , some sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

I didn't bought primed chamber, that mod is useless anyways, arcanes... well since they rank5 now not 3 thats why they are in scarlet spear. The economy is messed up already, thank to both rivens and the relic system. The real problem would be the rage the riven maffia members would do. I would love if this would go trough, I would level up a weapon 2 times without a doubt and who doesn't have spare mods? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

I didn't bought primed chamber, that mod is useless anyways, arcanes... well since they rank5 now not 3 thats why they are in scarlet spear. The economy is messed up already, thank to both rivens and the relic system. The real problem would be the rage the riven maffia members would do. I would love if this would go trough, I would level up a weapon 2 times without a doubt and who doesn't have spare mods? 

As I said before you must be a fool to invest into uncertain things. Imagine the people who bought the primed chamber mod with 50k plat before it was made public. DE can do the same if it wants for community to thrive and the game to live on. At lest that is what I hope for.

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't done that. sure I bought a burston riven for 60p and a magistar for 160p like 2 years ago just for myself and they are still good. but those guys who just buy "trash rivens for good weapon" and just roll them until they can sell it for a lot are dumb in my opinion, as well as those who buy a riven more that 200p no mod is worth more than that no matter who good the weapon is or how "godly" the riven is.

• Like 1