Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My second Railjack experience

supernils

So my first railjack experience went pretty miserable, I linked it in this thread.

Equipped with my newly gained knowledge of how to repair hull breaches that I sumbled upon through reading the forums (game didn't tell me) I decided to buckle up and try Scarlet Spear space mission. The terminal repeatedly told me there was no open squad (there we like 7 space squads according to the big display) so I actually decided to host my own. Navigating towards the waypoint I get attacked, shoot some space mobs from a turret, kill boarding sentients... after like 5 minutes a random joined the squad but he instantly left, couple minutes after another one joined... pretty lonely in space unless you want to join a pre made group that flames you if you don't stick to whatever meta.

So I go about sealing hulls until I get the message "out of revolts" or something like that and I FAIL THE MISSION again. GREAT!!!! Again some hurdle the game (or any other official source!!!)  never informed be about!!

Second rail jack experience just as miserable as the last!!!

Maybe I'm old and grew up with games that did not need to be explained, but is it expected that players google the internet to be able to play the game?

Anyway, thank you I just actively aquired the knowledge of what "revolt" is.

Trying to access my railjack I set my group to "friends only" and enter the free flight mission.

Lo and behold I get into a public game with other players (on which railjack am I now actually???).

Guess I have to go to the dojo...

You need a maxed out Railjack to host scarlet spear space missions because the fighters go crazy high level the more murex you booted. So best bet is to try to look for an open squad for space scarlet spear in recruit chat.

Or.. you can ask a friend or a clannie that has a maxed out RJ to taxi you to Veil Proxima for some top tier avionics and weapons and the resources to repair it.

Last resort, shell out some plat to get these Avionics from traders if you don’t have friends.

- Void Hole

- Munitions Vortex

- Particle Ran

- Zetki Bulkhead

- Zetki/Vidar Hullweave

- Zetki Predator

- Zetki Section Density

- Zetki Hyperstrike

28 minutes ago, supernils said:

is it expected that players google the internet to be able to play the game?

Welcome to Warframe.

Unless you do your research and/or watch the devstreams and read the forums, the game isn't going to be of much help telling what and how to do it.

If I may ask, why are you trying to do this event with your own Railjack, which isn't a trivial task for inexperienced players, considering you are well aware that you don't know how things work? I would recommend just playing Earth Proxima early missions to train/learn before heading out to Scarlet Spear. Until then, you can always just join someone random group.

9 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

You need a maxed out Railjack to host scarlet spear space missions because the fighters go crazy high level the more murex you booted. So best bet is to try to look for an open squad for space scarlet spear in recruit chat.

Or.. you can ask a friend or a clannie that has a maxed out RJ to taxi you to Veil Proxima for some top tier avionics and weapons and the resources to repair it.

Last resort, shell out some plat to get these Avionics from traders if you don’t have friends.

- Void Hole

- Munitions Vortex

- Particle Ran

- Zetki Bulkhead

- Zetki/Vidar Hullweave

- Zetki Predator

- Zetki Section Density

- Zetki Hyperstrike

For Scarlet Spear specifically, the ones in bold are basically useless, since you're not going to be doing any fighting, it's just rush into inside the murex and park it there 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

For Scarlet Spear specifically, the ones in bold are basically useless, since you're not going to be doing any fighting, it's just rush into inside the murex and park it there 😉

Actually they do have a use to take out the ramsleds especially the sentient ones. Those sentient boarders can disable railjack abilities which can be a pain.

23 minutes ago, supernils said:

Thanks for the info. But I'm sure it's like the ground mission, that you can exit early before it gets hard?

Yeah you can extract by using the navigation console, but you need to at least have 1 murex booted in order to do so.

21 minutes ago, supernils said:

So I invited a friend and wanted to start a railjack mission with him, but when I select a railjack mission he gets kicked out of my group and I end up in a random squad? Wtf?

Sounds like you're starting the mission from your star chart?

What that does is makes you join another squad ( not as host, therefore not using your own railjack ).

If you want to host, and use your own Railjack, you can either go to the dojo Dry Dock, or from your Orbiter press Esc -> board railjack.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, supernils said:

So I invited a friend and wanted to start a railjack mission with him, but when I select a railjack mission he gets kicked out of my group and I end up in a random squad? Wtf?

I've seen this with a clan member who has fairly bad internet. I switched to hosting by inviting him and that fixed it. It may also be you starting from the star chart as above.

The forge is only for crafting in-mission, outside of missions you use your Railjack equipment console and do it under Payload.

As above I would do some easier Railjack missions until you have the basics down as running out of Revolite is a bit of a newbie mistake to be honest. Alternatively crew up in a PUG on someone else's Railjack as they will largely show you what to do. Hopefully you are pretty adept at killing Sentients as if not you are going to have a bad time.

On 2020-04-10 at 2:50 PM, Vit0Corleone said:

Sounds like you're starting the mission from your star chart?

What that does is makes you join another squad ( not as host, therefore not using your own railjack ).

If you want to host, and use your own Railjack, you can either go to the dojo Dry Dock, or from your Orbiter press Esc -> board railjack.

Yeah that was it. Anyway this is highly unexpected behavior. Why can't my squad member just come with me into another squad? (@DE)

Oh and by the way, we failed that mission, too. Despite knowing how to use the Omnitool and the forge to refill revolite. It was just too much pressure for the two of us.

So with no public games being available I can't even finish the "star chart" (or even a single mission). If I ask in my guild, which is one of those mass guilds with dozens of players online at any time, I barely get response. But I bet DE are too busy developing their next content update to care about what mess they released.

Edited by supernils