The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TAP TO CAST, HOLD TO SWITCH!

(XBOX)heatman777

With Warframes like vauban and grendel they have a ability where you can switch it’s effects. I don’t know for PC but on console you hold to cast the ability and tap to switch. There are been so many times where I was just standing there try to cast my ability but I have to hold the menu and hold to cast and it is such a big inconvenience for a good ability that all they need to do is switch this around. I hope this problem will be fixed shortly. 

• Like 2

there is a toggle to flip the effect....BUT DE REALLY needs to make it so that ALL frames that have the cycle either tap to cast or hold to cast...not a mix (Ivara for example make sense to have hold to cast (bow abilities after all) but vauban is tap to cast due to his mines...personally it should be on the frame options themselves, not under global options.

Edited by Kalvorax
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

there is a toggle to flip the effect....BUT DE REALLY nneds to make it so that ALL frames that have the cycle either tap to cast or hold to cast...not a mix (Ivara for example make ssens to have hold to cast (bow abilities after all) but vauban is tap to cast due to his mines...personally it should be on the frame options themselves, not under global options.

This!

Even though making a frame based setting would be the best thing ever, it would also involve some UI changes, so i guess that's completely up to DE.

With that out of the way, i still have no idea why this behavior isn't at least consistent across all frames yet. I personally prefer "tap to cast / hold to rotate" so i can cast abilities quickly when needed, so having to go through the menu and change the toggle every single time i want to change between Ivara and Khora (for example) just makes me not even bother with playing frames with the inverted behavior no matter how much sense it does mechanically (like "charging" quiver just for being a bow).

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Can't find it.

While the option has since been expanded into a per-ability list, it's still situated right where it was before.

Like I said, go to Options -> Control, scroll down a bit to the "Invert Tap / Hold Abilities" entry.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

While the option has since been expanded into a per-ability list, it's still situated right where it was before.

Like I said, go to Options -> Control, scroll down a bit to the "Invert Tap / Hold Abilities" entry.

IDK if it was not available in the relay, but I found it eventually, thanks.

Yeah doesnt really help like others have said.   Different frames use different tap/hold controls.   So if you flip it for grendel then another frame like Titania or ivara becomes harder to use lol.    Cycle abilities suck.    Wisp's mote augment was DE acknowledging how bad cycle abilities are.   

6 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Yeah doesnt really help like others have said.   Different frames use different tap/hold controls.   So if you flip it for grendel then another frame like Titania or ivara becomes harder to use lol.    Cycle abilities suck.

... or, you could go into the options, actually look at it (or alternatively, read all responses in this topic before commenting),
and realize that for a good while now, tap vs hold has been a per-ability choice rather than the initial global toggle.