Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin inspired creature design

NYx53

Thought Id post development screenshots of the 3D creature model I made for my second year game design university assignment inspired by the Orokin aesthetic, this is a part of a big personal video project I am planning on working on, everything is fully rigged and skinned, rendered in UE4, hopfully one day I will be good enough to create Tennogen skins.

Still don't know what to name it though haha.

unknown.png?width=854&height=638

unknown.png?width=662&height=638

unknown.png?width=620&height=639TRzQcoL.pngnw4opVi.pngxxUVzh4.pngJfalQDd.png

Edited by NYx53
Extra screenshots
  • Like 21

7 minutes ago, Brynslustafir said:

I like it. Some of the Orokin designs seem deliberately ambiguous in the sense that it's sometimes hard to tell whether or not they're alive or just machines.

Glad you caught that about the design, I wanted to create something that was once human but then horribly deformed by Orokin experiments, a lot of the design inspirations came from the aquatic life found in Fortuna.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NYx53 said:

Glad you caught that about the design, I wanted to create something that was once human but then horribly deformed by Orokin experiments, a lot of the design inspirations came from the aquatic life found in Fortuna.

It reminded me of the Charmote servofish even though it's shaped more like a chimp.

The Charamote looks very organic but it's classification as a servofish implies that it really is just a robot. Also the Orokin seem to have had an unhealthy obsession with stapling gold jewelry onto everything. 

Edited by Brynslustafir
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brynslustafir said:

It reminded me of the Charmote servofish even though it's shaped more like a chimp.

The Charamote looks very organic but it's classification as a servofish implies that it really is just a robot. 

Im guessing because of the ring shaped things on the back of the creature I designed, the Charmote servofish was a part of my reference material so I thought I would add the rings to my design too. 

11 minutes ago, Brynslustafir said:

TBH the quality of modelwork here is better than some Tennogen skins. You don't want to let it interfere with academics but you'll likely be ready to try after this term.

This was actually my first character model asset where I actually bothered to texture, rig and retopologize everything, it was one hell of learning expirance, next time I should try sculpting instead of trying to create everything only through polygonal modeling and hand painted normal maps, Substance Painter was a huge help in making this look good in the end though.

Edited by NYx53

Just now, NYx53 said:

This was actually my first character model asset where I actually bothered to texture, rig and retopologize everything, it was one hell of learning expirance, next time I should try sculpting instead of trying to create everything only through polygonal modeling and hand painted normal maps.

Well you've made progress, so keep going.