The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua challenges

(XBOX)DAI KYORAKU

Question

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, szabika200204 said:

I'm not sure whether they spawn every mission or not but I've seen one in most of my missions on Lua. I think they are pretty common. I recommend just going on an exterminate mission(plato) and rush through the map and eventually you'll find one

Thanks

6 minutes ago, (XB1)mr mifar said:

Thanks

dont do exterminate, do capture.

And some lua challenges are more rare. Lua Speed challenge for Speed Drift for example. But most of them are quite common. Its really impossible to go like 2 missions without seeing some of them.

Edited by Savire510

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Lua missions can spawn from 0 to 3 challenge rooms.

I don't know how long "ages" is, but maybe you don't know how challenge rooms look like and how to start the challenges. Consider checking some youtube guides.

I know what they look like so idk maybe I’m just running past them?

16 hours ago, (XB1)mr mifar said:

I know what they look like so idk maybe I’m just running past them?

When I started doing them, I thought I knew what they looked like too, but I would still miss them sometimes.  Power (because it is small) and Cunning (because the room is very vertical with the challenge near the top) are easy to run past.  Stealth is a huge room and can be missed because you don't always enter the room at the starting point of that challenge.  Speed is very rare, but hard to miss once you know that the starting point always has a small cube shaped room with a ton of criss-crossing lasers.  Agility, Endurance and Coaction are all pretty obvious if you're aware. 

The music puzzle and the big tree room with the 3 switches also seem to count as puzzles.  If you see one or both of these, you may not get a drift challenge (but you might still, too).

Take your time, explore all the branches, look for the blue banners and you'll begin to recognize them.  Doing the exterminate mission has the benefit of forcing you to move through most of the map, where the capture will take you through the shortest path and not necessarily out into all the branches.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

When I started doing them, I thought I knew what they looked like too, but I would still miss them sometimes.  Power (because it is small) and Cunning (because the room is very vertical with the challenge near the top) are easy to run past.  Stealth is a huge room and can be missed because you don't always enter the room at the starting point of that challenge.  Speed is very rare, but hard to miss once you know that the starting point always has a small cube shaped room with a ton of criss-crossing lasers.  Agility, Endurance and Coaction are all pretty obvious if you're aware. 

The music puzzle and the big tree room with the 3 switches also seem to count as puzzles.  If you see one or both of these, you may not get a drift challenge (but you might still, too).

Take your time, explore all the branches, look for the blue banners and you'll begin to recognize them.  Doing the exterminate mission has the benefit of forcing you to move through most of the map, where the capture will take you through the shortest path and not necessarily out into all the branches.

Thanks I’ve got a good idea of the rooms. I have 2/7, I have speed, and cunning Drift. Just need to keep an eye out

13 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Lua tileset is very massive and has alot of branches,   You might not be exploring the places fully.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

Take your time, explore all the branches,

If you're playing capture, exterminate or mobile defense (and maybe a few other mission types too), don't bother checking each branch. They are ALWAYS dead ends.

Just follow the objective/extraction marker and you will find every challenge room after a number of runs.

8 hours ago, No_Dice said:

This is an excellent idea. 

While we are talking about the chat area, would it be possible to make it detachable from the game screen.

For gamer's who have multiple monitors, to have a full screen chat area separated from the game screen.

Thanks for the help