The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question for newish players: what mechanics seemed important in early missions that you never saw in later missions?

sir_deadlock

When you're starting out at low gear levels and without mods, there's a lot more strategy involved taking on packs of mobs and things. Definitely getting a better handle on bullet/wall jumping that's not well explained in the beginning missions, but becomes seriously critical in higher level (especially Corpus) maps,

Just figuring out the entire Credits/Endo system when upgrading mods, not to mention Trading Taxes when buying stuff from other players. I remember being super excited to get a Primed mod, and realizing I needed to burn 1,000,000 credits to make the trade. Same when farming some Arcanes in Scarlet Spear for friends, and them having to farm extra credits just to be able to trade.

I am not a new player, but i have smurfed couple of times so....

Using diverse loadouts (like bow + pistols) in order to cover up weaknesses, broken mods, boss fights, disruption, derelict - all of those are woefully underrepresented, loose relevancy fast or have very niche reasons to be done.

Stealth. Like, I used to play bows, kunai, bo... And now, all these newer weapons are all loud. And if any enemy gets line of sight of a corpse, they're alerted. If they see you, alerted.. If anything dies within 5 meters, alerted. 

Sure, it's realistic. But for gameplay.. Ugh ! Enemies always clump up, making it very difficult for the non stealth frames to play sneaky. 

Back when I was new, stealth was much easier than now! And sneak range kills were easier too. 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing

29 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

...Definitely getting a better handle on bullet/wall jumping that's not well explained in the beginning missions, but becomes seriously critical in higher level (especially Corpus) maps...

LoL, yes! I'm MR20-something now and to this day THE HARDEST MR rank-up test for me was the one where you had to bullet jump to be able to get high enough to get to the next platform. It took me something like 3 attempts before I realized it was impossible the way I was trying to do it and had to go look it up and discovered bullet jumping.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

The concept of teamwork and support abilities.

Nowadays a handful of chuckleheads with AoE nuke builds basically play the game for you while you're lucky to shoot a stray grunt.

I'm pretty new here (less than 60 days.. MR7)   And I just started doing sorties a week ago.   I'm amazed that even in the 3rd sortie where things are like level 100... everything just melts.  I Even though I myself can kill most of them in 2-4 swings of my dual swords... I still feel like I barely contribute anything... even though I could probably solo the sortie if I felt like a challenge.   People bullet jump around with what looks like a full auto rocket launcher and entire rooms of 30 enemies are dead in 0.5 seconds.

I remember level 20 enemies being hard and taking several seconds to kill each one, I was scared to try and solo saturn and nepture missions for the longest time.  Those days were more fun IMO. 

• Like 2