Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I get duplicates of my favorite Warframes

GhostShip20

Question

I have lately been considering getting duplicates of certain Warframes that I really enjoy playing with. If I want an Umbra build for a certain Warframe, it may prevent me from being able to use certain mods due to mod capacity limitations or I may just end up not having enough room for other mods that can also be beneficial. I have been trying to learn how to properly min/max builds for endurance runs to better support a team based on certain missions instead of using typical builds where all stats are evened out.

With this in mind, should I make duplicates of Warframes I really like to experiment with builds, maybe have one for things like endless missions and have another one with fun builds that are not meta but can still be used anywhere at any time?

5 answers to this question

you actually listed the only reason i was going to say yes lol

since you cannot have different polarities between loadouts (abc), which i guess i understand but still seems dumb

the only real reason to have a second version of the frame would be to forma it differently

or maybe you just really like the frame and 2 or more different cosmetics then depending on how your feeling you take this one or this one etc etc

its your plat and/or money so if you want it, do it up lol

Yeah, if you want to have access to multiple high-forma builds that use different polarities, it can definitely be nice. I have two different Saryn Prime builds (one Umbral, one not), and I'm considering building a third, since the one that became my Umbral Saryn was actually made for a different build back before The Sacrifice was released. I also have two Banshee Primes, Trinity Primes, and Nova Primes for their own alternate builds.

I think the only real way to answer this question is to ask yourself whether personally, you feel like the juice is worth the squeeze.  In other words, is the time/money/etc that you'll invest in going this route going to feel worth the joy you get out of the results?  Your answer is the only one that matters.

• Like 1

Yeah go for it! if you really like some builds but your frame just cant use them all get another frame for it! I would honestly do it too if I had the resources. Trust me it is a smart investment to get copies of your fav frames so you can further optimize their builds. Its always a great thing to do. Kudos to you!

Go for it. I remade Excalibur yesterday because I couldn't fit a build I wanted to test while working around 3 umbra polarities. I don't even play Exacl but I was bored and it gave me something to do for a day. Liked the build so much I even got a skin for Excal.