Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Letter to Steve Sinclair

BulletmanSRB

39 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

bullet jump and coptering are slightly different tho

they actually did remove coptering way later

just google dual zoren copter and look at that awesomeness lol

Coptering was removed in the same update that added Parkour 2.0, actually. Bullet jumping was specifically DE's way to replace it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Coptering was removed in the same update that added Parkour 2.0, actually. Bullet jumping was specifically DE's way to replace it.

yea i was just saying the 2 werent exactly the samething, back when coptering was a thing we had something like bullet jump it just wasnt at all what it is now or what it became with Parkour 2.0, i could totally also just be confusing a flip into an aim glide as old bullet jump lol it has been quite awhile

i still do miss coptering from time to time tho

Edited by Tokens210

Just now, Tokens210 said:

i could totally also just be confusing a flip into an aim glide as old bullet jump lol it has been quite awhile

Considering that Aim-Gliding was also part of Parkour 2.0 and had no previous equivalent, I'm not sure what you're thinking of.

Perhaps the old wall-flick (using the speed boost you get from ending a wallrun to chain together a bunch of really short wallruns and build up speed) is what you're thinking of?

For reference, the previous movement system had walking, sprinting, rolling, sliding, slide attacks (which lead to coptering), jumping, vertical and lateral wallrunning (both duration limited separate from stamina, as there was a set distance you could travel before sliding down the wall), and wallsliding. All but walking and sliding used the stamina bar (jumping may also have been free, I can't quite recall).

Parkour 2.0 removed Coptering by reducing the forward momentum gained from slide attacks, removed stamina, added the double jump, bullet-jumping and aimgliding, and replaced wallsliding with wall-latching, and wallrunning with the more omnidirectional wall-hopping that we have now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Considering that Aim-Gliding was also part of Parkour 2.0 and had no previous equivalent, I'm not sure what you're thinking of.

Perhaps the old wall-flick (using the speed boost you get from ending a wallrun to chain together a bunch of really short wallruns and build up speed) is what you're thinking of?

For reference, the previous movement system had walking, sprinting, rolling, sliding, slide attacks (which lead to coptering), jumping, vertical and lateral wallrunning (both duration limited separate from stamina, as there was a set distance you could travel before sliding down the wall), and wallsliding. All but walking and sliding used the stamina bar (jumping may also have been free, I can't quite recall).

Parkour 2.0 removed Coptering by reducing the forward momentum gained from slide attacks, removed stamina, added the double jump, bullet-jumping and aimgliding, and replaced wallsliding with wall-latching, and wallrunning with the more omnidirectional wall-hopping that we have now.

i mained volt back then and super speed cancelled my need for stamina to some extend

im probably thinking of the old momentum, with volts speed boost and wall flick, those 3 together seem like theyd be pretty close to modern bullet jump

if i also recall old momentum also used to effect vacuum way more then it does now (similar to the archwings momentum effects vacuum), that and vacuum used to have a larger area to begin with back when it was only a carrier thing

Edited by Tokens210

1 hour ago, BulletmanSRB said:

There is a reason why DOTA is the most played game right now(besides CS ofc) Dota the only other game that managed to get up to CS level of trend and stay there over the years and Gaben's motto was insanely simple, they took game breaking bugs that ppl love abusing and incorporated them into the core of the gameplay meanwhile balancing heros to work around the exploit/bug.  What Gaben's ideology staff team would do in this case would make the zaw be a feature for limbo only through lift and actually give it special effects, harder way find the gear to do this enhance its playability to retain the attention of that player.  What DE Staff would do if they ran dota would be call everything a bug fix it and make it boring, thx problem solved.

Warframe is not a competitive game. Making zaw exclusive for limbo's rife is suicide, these are terrible analogies and comparisons

1 hour ago, BulletmanSRB said:

Gaben himself said the way to a successful game is to use bugs and exploits ppl find and rework everything around it to make it fit in as it was not a bug and intended.. why.. because that's fun nobody wants to play a FPS, everyone wants to play a FPS with a molotov coctail in the other hand even tho the game only allows for one weapon out at a time.

...so what are you trying to say here, is it a good thing? is it bad? Just patching bugs and exploits into Warframe isn't going to make the game more successful, but definitely more enjoyable

Ffs if you don't enjoy the game after 474746352 hours it's called burnout.

WF is not your wife, it won't go after you if you play other games.

And last but not least, the game seemed perfectly fine when I ignored the forums for a while. Where some parrots comment on their favorite youtuber.

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

I would normally agree but it is very inconsistent really, considering we had a event before to rebuild old relays which taked quiet some time and sure people whould take notice of such, not to speak of the grineer surely not just watching a relay getting builded there, on to pof them raiding us agaisnt the sentients already.

It was badly implented sadly i say lore and gameplay wise just popping up. The event would had made more sense having stages to it, first you build it to prepare then fight the sentients, would had helped the variety also i guess instead of 2 mindless mob def misisons.

We don't even know if this event relay was a fully built one. Little Duck said we shouldn't ask about its origin, if I had to guess a lore excuse then its some black market stuff, related to an unknown faction or one that survived from the orokin era. Maybe they were built by the syndicates? We simply don't know because the lore isn't precise.

The first relays were added update 15.6 without much lore to them. For all we know there could still be dozens hidden around the solar system.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Nesodos:

We don't even know if this event relay was a fully built one. Little Duck said we shouldn't ask about its origin, if I had to guess a lore excuse then its some black market stuff, related to an unknown faction or one that survived from the orokin era. Maybe they were built by the syndicates? We simply don't know because the lore isn't precise.

The first relays were added update 15.6 without much lore to them. For all we know there could still be dozens hidden around the solar system.

Yeah, but liek most in the game nothign gets explained sadly, i mean how did it get there? Are they ships? Can they fly? Do they port? Why does no one notice them appear like the grineer fleets or why do we not notice, i mean we ntoice everythign else and get notified about every little former aleert or invasion.

Nora is the same, how does she contact us withour other factions nto interrupt her and get detected or so. Plotarmor i guess if there was any plot at times sadly.