Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rubble Heap does not work properly

FaridRLz

I´ve been using Atlas for a while and the new [Rubble Heap] augment it's a nice addition to Atlas kit, but as stated in the mod

"When above 1400 Rubble, Landslide cost no energy" but when I'm at full 1,500 armor stacks but with no energy I can't use the ability.

Please explain if this is just as you intended or may be something that was missing on the coding

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xdeathhungerx said:

I'm betting their coding doesn't include 0 energy. they probably have a line saying a minimum energy value 1 because there isn't any free abilities anywhere else in the game.

Not even 1 energy, i was there at 24 energy spamming my 1 hoping it could go off but... oh surprise... no I'm there tanking ancient nullifiers with no hope of getting some energy

15 hours ago, FaridRLz said:

I´ve been using Atlas for a while and the new [Rubble Heap] augment it's a nice addition to Atlas kit, but as stated in the mod

"When above 1400 Rubble, Landslide cost no energy" but when I'm at full 1,500 armor stacks but with no energy I can't use the ability.

Please explain if this is just as you intended or may be something that was missing on the coding

Did you check the abilities menu for him to see if the 1,400 rubble threshold has changed due to modding? 

Since it's an conditional thing it does not show on the ability menu, but i've already discovered what's happening the mod only "refunds" the energy used, not straight up "cost no energy"

I'm heavily disappointed

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FaridRLz said:

Since it's an conditional thing it does not show on the ability menu, but i've already discovered what's happening the mod only "refunds" the energy used, not straight up "cost no energy"

I'm heavily disappointed

Yeah, worst coding idea ever. Bit disappointed too, I mean it is still a good augment, but it could have been a great one. Not even overpowered or whatever, it's Atlas we're talking about for god's sake. That's just QoL.

23 hours ago, xdeathhungerx said:

I'm betting their coding doesn't include 0 energy. they probably have a line saying a minimum energy value 1 because there isn't any free abilities anywhere else in the game.

I played around it yesterday and it just DE's choice. The cost is not reduced to 0, actually it still costs the same Energy, but it is refunded if you are above 1400. So if you have less than the base energy cost of the spell, you won't be able to use it.

I have no idea why DE chose this way instead of simply, as the mod states, removing the energy cost entirely.

• Like 2

On 2020-05-25 at 12:51 AM, Chewarette said:

I played around it yesterday and it just DE's choice. The cost is not reduced to 0, actually it still costs the same Energy, but it is refunded if you are above 1400. So if you have less than the base energy cost of the spell, you won't be able to use it.

I have no idea why DE chose this way instead of simply, as the mod states, removing the energy cost entirely.

seems like it would be difficult for them to set up an either or line of text when the refund line of code has already been written for the fortuna arcane.

34 minutes ago, xdeathhungerx said:

seems like it would be difficult for them to set up an either or line of text when the refund line of code has already been written for the fortuna arcane.

That's even older, I think the first refund was either Mag's bubble (if the target dies before the bubble is applied) or Ash's Bladestorm rework.

But in the case of Ash's Bladestorm, the cost is reduced if you're stealthed, and I think this is not a refund, it's a straight cost reduction. So that shouldn't be too hard to implement a cost reduction of 100% in the case of Atlas' augment.

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

That's even older, I think the first refund was either Mag's bubble (if the target dies before the bubble is applied) or Ash's Bladestorm rework.

But in the case of Ash's Bladestorm, the cost is reduced if you're stealthed, and I think this is not a refund, it's a straight cost reduction. So that shouldn't be too hard to implement a cost reduction of 100% in the case of Atlas' augment.

Hm. makes me question if they are allowed to work on each others warframes/mods and if there is a rewards system in place if they make unique code that works.

• 4 weeks later...