The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

Nope, not the mod. The move you do when you +aim+go backwards+"roll".

mmm, in that case, absolutely yes. performing those actions and their usefulness in combat are certainly a bit sketchy.

performing them in the sense that it's a bit clunky to perform them.

Also, I think more needs to be done with the evasive maneuvers. I've always wanted to smoothly do back flip chains to dodge bullets, and other acrobatics dodges.

Very much agreed. Also, invincibility frames. Super Armor status effect.

Edited by Aspari

Very much agreed. Also, invincibility frames.

be very careful about that. Dark Souls is something of 'Rolling: the game' because of Invincibility Frames.

and it should be a timer, not number of Frames. tying anything to Framerate is a mistake. we learned that lesson 20 years ago. but far too many have forgotten that lesson.

be very careful about that. Dark Souls is something of 'Rolling: the game' because of Invincibility Frames.

and it should be a timer, not number of Frames. tying anything to Framerate is a mistake. we learned that lesson 20 years ago. but far too many have forgotten that lesson.

You're right. I just remembered how semi-auto weapons and burst-fire weapons fire slower just because of framerate not being at 60 or higher.

Edited by Aspari

• 2 weeks later...

Rescue bump.

How do we fix vaults?

By allowing them to let you keep momentum instead of entering a non-cancelable animation that is usually half of your speed. 

Or simply by having us jump roll over everything. 

Honestly, I just feel everyone from DE needs to watch a Parkour film. And see how bad this is compared to real life parkour. And then they need to check out the gameplay video of a game on parkour. And see how bad this is compared to that. 

(in case you don't know what video I mean.)

a week ago my melee weapon broke after codexing  and i had to  walk and gun - it was slow and felt slugish  and  it made me realize just how much we now depend on coptering  .

They have sacrificed  parkour for coptering .  the main drive of this was back in update 8  with the  decrease of player foot speed.   It went further in  in update 10 with the  forced walk while firing . Just thinking of auto-vaulting how auto-vault really hurts  parkouring but sets up people that just want to copter around . It was a choice of DE , and not one that their likely to reverse   

Even if they where going to try to fix   parkour by increasing  player foot speed , it would supercharge coptering. at this point I 've lost hope that parkour is coming back

it would supercharge coptering.

you know what would 'supercharge' Player Mobility in all situations?

having Parkour and SpinDashes work together. SpinDashes already generally work, so the other half of the equation is all that's hanging in despair.

each is okay on their own, together Players traverse all possible situations more quickly.

All that video does is show how broken and in need of fixing the movement system is.

What ? I'm sorry but I disagree, I would not have played this game this much if it wasnt for the awesomeness of the parkour/copter and people seem to agree. You prefer walking and taking stairs ? this aint the game for you...

What ? I'm sorry but I disagree, I would not have played this game this much if it wasnt for the awesomeness of the parkour/copter and people seem to agree. You prefer walking and taking stairs ? this aint the game for you...

We were walking and taking stairs before people found out that the physics engine has a weird relationship with slide attacks and attack speed. You can thank a screwed up physics mechanic for your coptering.

We were walking and taking stairs before people found out that the physics engine has a weird relationship with slide attacks and attack speed. You can thank a screwed up physics mechanic for your coptering.

How stubborn can you be to still want coptering out of this game ? how blind can you be to not see that's the best thing the game has to offer ?

I'm so glad I haven't been here for weeks and haven't played for weeks either, parkour 2.0 is gonna be the final nail in the coffin for this game anyway keep on asking to nerf everything this game is gonna so much fun after they do... sigh avent missed this place one bit :smh.

How stubborn can you be to still want coptering out of this game ? how blind can you be to not see that's the best thing the game has to offer ?

I'm so glad I haven't been here for weeks and haven't played for weeks either, parkour 2.0 is gonna be the final nail in the coffin for this game anyway keep on asking to nerf everything this game is gonna so much fun after they do... sigh avent missed this place one bit :smh.

Let me ask you a question now since you obviously ignored everyone else's previous answers.

Shouldn't the best thing about a shooter be the shooting? How you shoot, what happens when you shoot something, how you get into position to shoot? Make no mistake, Tenno. Warframe is a third person shooter before anything else.

No shooter ever created was popularized by something that had nothing to do with shooting. You can shoot while you parkour. You can shoot after you're done with that wall run, or while you're vaulting over a bollard, or while you're falling into a roll Max Payne style.

Edited by Aspari

You can shoot while you parkour. You can shoot after you're done with that wall run, or while you're vaulting over a bollard, or while you're falling into a roll Max Payne style.

we... can also shoot while flying through the air after anything that gives us air time.

and yes, that includes SpinDashing.

it's unnecessary but it's easier to get improvements implemented, rather than removing some controversial feature(s) in the same package.

this thread exists for Parkour. focus on that.

Warframe is more than a shooter and I'm not sure it's a shooter first.  If warframe is a shooter first then shouldn't the Tenno be able to shoot while sprinting, or doing anything really, even if you can't scope in, or even if you get an accuracy penalty?  What happened to the whole Space Ninja thing?

a week ago my melee weapon broke after codexing  and i had to  walk and gun - it was slow and felt slugish  and  it made me realize just how much we now depend on coptering  .

They have sacrificed  parkour for coptering .  the main drive of this was back in update 8  with the  decrease of player foot speed.   It went further in  in update 10 with the  forced walk while firing . Just thinking of auto-vaulting how auto-vault really hurts  parkouring but sets up people that just want to copter around . It was a choice of DE , and not one that their likely to reverse   

Even if they where going to try to fix   parkour by increasing  player foot speed , it would supercharge coptering. at this point I 've lost hope that parkour is coming back

+10000.........

It's pure butchery.  Why pay for Mass Effect twice in a row?

Warframe is more than a shooter and I'm not sure it's a shooter first.  If warframe is a shooter first then shouldn't the Tenno be able to shoot while sprinting, or doing anything really, even if you can't scope in, or even if you get an accuracy penalty?  What happened to the whole Space Ninja thing?

This is what I'd like to know. This game's all over the place to the point where I can't tell if it wants to be a shooter, an RPG, a stealth game, or tower defense game.

it's unnecessary but it's easier to get improvements implemented, rather than removing some controversial feature(s) in the same package.

this thread exists for Parkour. focus on that.

I know that, and I agree with that. Always have. What baffles me is people thinking that improving a gameplay element that needs improving is somehow a bad thing. Improvement is never a bad thing. If it's bad then it's not improvement.