Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

And rework sprinting, vaulting, and every other janky thing about the current movement system.

Yeah also that x)

I'm kind of dissapointed by bounce. Isn't booben should throw them harder so he can stick em on a wall

Finally guys!! Parkour 2.0 has been shown! After 1 year 1/2!!!

What do you think?

It's wallrunning 2.0.

For now, at least.

Am not disappointed about current state, glad to see DE working on it (finally).

Worried that new controls might break wall-slinging, which is actually pretty fun and useful in it's current state.

Am still hoping for this.

Hope for interacting with enemies with new parkour, like shoving, using as springboard, playing Super Mario (they are the goomba), etc.

Hope for visiting omnipotent enemy awareness and reducing it to LOS.

Hope for speed making more of a difference to enemy accuracy. Tenno have superhuman level of strength and reflex, makes sense for us to process images faster, therefore "normal" sprinting for us may be a blur to grineer.

Hope that how walking feels gets better, make tenno have weight; weight we can use for momentum.

How for removing stamina.

Hope they take inspiration from Overgrowth, [PROTOTYPE], Spider-man games, Vanquish (and most Platinum games...games), etc.

Hope for levels where parkour relevant.

Edited by Lukap99

It seems, they are keeping coptering... Or is that just yet-to-be-modified remains of the old system? I remember people some people saying what coptering is going to go, and some what it's going to stay, so I am unsure of the official Dev-Stance on this.

If they are nerfing the copter, I hope they will offer an alternative mobility power. Some sort of super-sprint, or something, I guess? Destroyed Ship tileset is going to become absolutely painful for frames with average or slow sprint speed and no mobility powers to compensate for that. Even if coptering looks kind of horrible, and makes actually using slide attack as an attack almost impossible, it did helped to adress the issue of gigantic maps and speed up the gameplay in a good way.

It's wallrunning 2.0.

For now, at least.

Am not disappointed about current state, glad to see DE working on it (finally).

Worried that new controls might break wall-slinging, which is actually pretty fun and useful in it's current state.

Am still hoping for this.

Hope for interacting with enemies with new parkour, like shoving, using as springboard, playing Super Mario (they are the goomba), etc.

Hope for visiting omnipotent enemy awareness and reducing it to LOS.

Hope for speed making more of a difference to enemy accuracy. Tenno have superhuman level of strength and reflex, makes sense for us to process images faster, therefore "normal" sprinting for us may be a blur to grineer.

Hope that how walking feels gets better, make tenno have weight; weight we can use for momentum.

How for removing stamina.

Hope they take inspiration from Overgrowth, [PROTOTYPE], Spider-man games, Vanquish (and most Platinum games...games), etc.

Hope for levels where parkour relevant.

Yeaaaah this Vanquish game looks like constant action!

(I also saw your comment about charged abilities during the stream : as soon as I have the time, I'll make a thread about that. I will start to create animated gifs aswell)

Coptering will be ajusted but will not go away - Scott

Can we give it a rest now ?

COPTERING4LIFE

there were barely any people wanting it to be gone, I wasn't even one of them. Calm your damn jimmies.

Coptering is a slang for slide melee attack which is vital to any melee combat in warframe. They are simply saying that slide attack that gives you a push is not going away.

because air atack and slide in the air its really difficult...

Its not about difficulty its about fun, that video is 2 years old and the most basic stuff anyone can do, and you can still do all of it, but now there is copter and air melee to complement everything, better get used to it.

Its not about difficulty its about fun, that video is 2 years old and the most basic stuff anyone can do, and you can still do all of it, but now there is copter and air melee to complement everything, better get used to it.

You see fun on that? Its okay, but people who dont, dont want to be forced on do it.

The current problem with coptering its, really easy to do and his travel distance and speed, thats why its going to change.

You got my +1.

I would bind holding space while in the air to ledge-grabing, to KEEP MY FRAME FROM GRABING EVERY FRIGGING LEDGE AROUND WHEN I REALLY, REALLY, DON'T WANT TO.

This is soooooo annoying. They need to make it active, not passive. Binding it to crouch is an alternative, but is way more complicated to perform.

Although it would also need a lot of work from the level-design staff to make sure parkouring is fluid through the room.

How many times did you find a perfect parkour spot, only to realize there's something in the way of your trajectory?

It would require a lot of work, but a game like this hardly fills it's self made shoes when it doesn't have actual freedom of movement. Sorry DE, I really want to see this game flourish. So I'm looking forward to see the changes you're all making to movement. Please don't limit yourselves, we can wait, we want the gift of movement more than tileset candy I promise.

Coptering will be ajusted but will not go away - Scott

Can we give it a rest now ?

COPTERING4LIFE

"Coptering will be adjusted but will not go away" hardly guarantees they'll fix the right thing, for the copter supporters or for those against. For instance, "Tonkor will no longer bounce teamates" seems to be fixed by not allowing friendlies to trigger their explosion by walking over them, if the user activates them, and a teamate happens to be close to them? Any number of teamates can still be bounced. Why did they choose to change it in this way? Why not take out the bouncing feature for teamates but still allow them to detonate the grenade? I assume they'll fix it again, but I hope things like this don't happen with parkour, because we're already so very much divided on the issue, if new niche's of movement are presented it'll throw us all deeper into the pit.

Additional outburst of opinion, I'd rather fight my own ability to utilize controls than fight a game's physics engine.

Edited by Bio-Organic-Yahn

You see fun on that? Its okay, but people who dont, dont want to be forced on do it.

The current problem with coptering its, really easy to do and his travel distance and speed, thats why its going to change.

You aren't force to do it at all, but if you want coptering removed you're forcing that on everyone who loves it and removing what makes WF unique in the mean time.

Yeah right, like coptering is for beginners...

Will you calm down please? Coptering IS for beginners if you use it that way. The reason people grow to hate coptering is because coptering is what people always do in terms of mobility. Copter copter, kill enemies, then copter copter copter copter kill enemies kill enemies copter copter copter copter copter copter copter extract.

Don't get it wrong please, people here hate those who ONLY use copter, not those who uses copter alongside other parkour maneuvers, just like you did in your video. Those who incorporate coptering and parkour for mobility are great players and are worthy to praise. Those who only use coptering, are not. The fix, rework, nerf, whatever you called it are intended to reduce the coptering-only mindset on the playerbase.

Edited by KuroShiranui