The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silence Toggle for Banshee?

sLuGHelge

With the clearspeed that most players have when rolling through maps... Can i have Banshees Silence being a toggle skill providing an deafing aura around her? 

Banshee+Ash tagteaming through a mission would be pretty awesome

That would mean it would block most ways for energy regen while it's toggled. (unless you use something like Rakta Dark Dagger as a melee or other energy regen items)

Most channeled abilities either do that, like Oberon's Renewal or has a high enough drain to limit your regen, like Equinox's Pacify&Provoke, while maybe not useful when toggled all the time.

Something like the latter could work, but it's better to keep a watch on the timers instead, honestly.

You mean have it be a toggle that keeps the enemy stunned as long as it's on, rather than have to recast it over and over? I'd like that. Sounds like a great boon for sniper oriented builds, or actually making Savage Silence work on more than just one enemy per cast. 

4 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

making Savage Silence work on more than just one enemy per cast. 

It does, the problem; You have to specifically mod for low range for it to work well, gimping all the other options Banshee has, for its duration and value it's a really good ability for a relatively low energy cost.

Adding a precise slider would improve the ability, it could always be set to the range at which it would be needed to stun enemies.

But the toggle would also kind of solve this, but i have a gut feeling DE would add a high energy drain to this if it was that easy to use, or would nerf it some other way.

I dont see energycost as a problem, when you move around and collect Energy Orbs. All we get to see in missions are Soundquake Banshees in lowlevel missions. And you see them rarely massing around with Sonar completely covering enemys in weakspots. ^^

18 hours ago, kgabor said:

That would mean it would block most ways for energy regen while it's toggled. (unless you use something like Rakta Dark Dagger as a melee or other energy regen items)

Most channeled abilities either do that, like Oberon's Renewal or has a high enough drain to limit your regen, like Equinox's Pacify&Provoke, while maybe not useful when toggled all the time.

Something like the latter could work, but it's better to keep a watch on the timers instead, honestly.

Not every toggle does this.

Equinox 3 for example only drains when enemies are affected.