Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 stance mods that need fixing.

Joezone619

Its been a while in melee 3.0, and i got to say.... they messed up alot of melee stances. most were fine and good, but now you'll find certain weapon types its useless to use any other stance mod exept 1 specific stance. they need to fix alot of these stances that are just downright unplayable. one thing they promised but definatly did not deliver is most cases is being able to move with your melee.

first off. an excellent example of one they did great of is "blind justice". its fast, easy to use, and most importantly maneuverable.

then you have the other nikana stance mods "tranquil cleave" and "decisive judgement". both of these suffer similar problems in that you...can...not...move while you melee. the forward melee on both of these stances. slows you down 70-90% of what you normally move forward at.

in the case of "decisive judgement" mobility is even more of an issue as its forward melee, you almost DONT move at all, and its forward-block melee, which originally moved you a good 8-14 meters, now moves you about 3.

as for "tranquil cleave" this one's forward-block melee is fine as is, moves you far quickly for good repositioning. however it has its problems too, mostly unnecessary movements such as regular melee, taking the blade out....pause....and then striking the enemy. we're in battle not an art show. we need to be actually striking the enemy when we strike them, not posing. though i've always had problems using this one well in combat because its just soo slow despite its description of "frenzied combo"

these are just nikanas though. i know there are alot that need fixing. most of them in the mobility. "brutal tide" used to move you a good 6 meters on one combo, now its 0.2 inches.

many of the throwing melee are bad with their combos in actually hitting whats infront of you and not behind whats infront of you... "astral twilight" -_-

i know theres others but these are just the most obvious to me, feel free to share suggestions.

44 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

many of the throwing melee are bad with their combos in actually hitting whats infront of you and not behind whats infront of you... "astral twilight" -_-

Personally, I prefer the "orbiting strikes" in Astral Twilight for both style and some situational moments. Not counting the fact one of them hits everything around you 2-3times.

I do agree about the Decisive Judgement change for the most part, though. I keep expecting ye old launching upppercut (still) and instead get whatever twirling mess we have. Still feels overall okay, but I miss the launching uppercut. Which is on a more stationary move now... for reasons.

im not doubting melee 3.0 it is and was a great update. but there are alot of things in it that didn't get their deserved justice. like the decisive judement, and brutal tide. i hardly if ever see a reason to use these over the other options. their just horrible stances now. they used to be my favorites too.

• 1 month later...

Nikana stances are very different at melee 2.9 before .
Tranquil Cleave good at range and  have one target finisher ,Decisive Judgment full of action and technology that Swift Retribution will make three time hit if you use the rare angle in a jiffy to hit the target and Consent Decree will dizzy target in a smell angle even you can choice finisher target or not ,Blind justice are fast and powerful.
But now seems only use blind justice to be a fast and powerful eee troll .it make me very upset in my 4072 hrs and almost 500000 melee kill in nikana play time,now.

Archived