Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redesign weapon holster animations to look like a real space ninja.

More-L

I think the base of this issue is that you technically go through 2 animations during the swap, a holster of your current gun, and un-holster of your next gun. But it is also just the case that some animations are very inefficient considering that we are knowingly going in to gunfights. Probably the best example is one handed pistols on the hip, why do we need to slide it up and down to attach/detach it? Can't we just use something like "smart magnets" that detect our hand and release the weapon the second we touch it? Surely Tenno technology would be capable of that.

The "best" fix would be to have unique animations for swapping from a specific weapon to another. Like bow to dual wield secondary would have its own unique animation (bow holster to dual wield un-holster) compared to bow to 1 handed secondary but this would likely take more time than it is worth so I'm not sure that is the most practical fix. So, I think the most practical fix would be to make use of the space-magic-temporary-armament-deconstruction-technology toggle we have in the arsenal (the toggle on the 'appearance' of a weapon that makes it vanish when that weapon is holstered) to just sort of "phase" from 1 weapon to another with slight hand movements just like how Ivara's quiver ability works when firing an arrow while holding a regular weapon.

I think that the "weapon phase" idea would be the most logical option, it could even be optional as a toggle in appearance as "fast swap" along with "hide weapon" as some players may enjoy the sluggish weapon swap.

Semi-rant in spoiler

Spoiler

It feels way too slow to change from gun to gun and is basically never worth the slot from the mods that increase it, especially when compared to the instant quick melee that requires 0 used mod slot or capacity. I actively avoid swapping weapons by just using w/e I'm holding and melee because it is instant going from melee back to a gun. The animation for swapping weapons just takes too long, and some of them look very inefficient during a situation where you're getting shot at.

I like the idea of having situations where I need to change guns to effectively fight something, but I almost groan when I actually have to swap guns (like for an airship) because it is just so damn slow for most/all weapons.

Edited by More-L
Bolded and added info on current example.

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

there is no such thing as real space ninjas

There is no such thing as space ninjas in real life* Would be a correct statement, as far as I know anyway.

Something doesn't have to exist in the physical world to be correctly considered "real" as per its definitions, but more so that the thing is not an imitation of something and could be considered "authentic". And I am saying the current animations do not fit what I would consider to be a space ninja, or even a military force of any kind which is what the Tenno are. Tenno were/are a, get this, 'real' military force in the universe of Warframe.