Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I'm just about to claim the Ayanga. Used to be, only 3 arc-guns were viable, is it worth buying slots, or are there some I can trash now?

TheArcSet

Question

Basically, it used to be that maybe 3 arc-guns were usable across space and ground and the rest were considered worthless.

After the buff and the most recent proxima changes, is that still the case.

Assuming we won't get modular space weapons for a few years, which guns are worth having?

Ayanga, for Kuva buffs?

Corvas for PT?

Cyngas for proxima?

Lanispark for lols?

Is it still grind for mastery and then sell, or is there any point to the others?

As a side note.

Would you level wings and guns in wing missions, or Earth proxima?

Edited by TheArcSet

5 answers to this question

Ayanga is funny because it still has self-damage.

I use Imperator Vandal for PT myself.  I think it's safe to ditch the Imperator **IF** you manage to get all the pieces for the vandal.  And Archmelees take the same slots up, so it might be safer to toss out them instead.  I want the dual decurions to be fun, but they're just kinda "meh".

Check your inbox in game though.

laughs in desire to keep DE in business despite my umbrage with some of their gameplay decisions

• Like 1

Velocitus can be used to oneshot eidolons, now more easily ever since it got buffed.

Cyngas is probably the best arch gun for killing Railjack fighters. Same can be said for the velocitus, but the Cygnas has a faster bullet velocity.

Imperator Vandal is great for most content.

The only archgun that is kinda meh is the Dual Decurion, as I can't really see a use for it when compared to the other archguns.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the gift, that's highly generous and while hopefully avoid another situation like having to rebuild a scrapped Cyngas.

🙂

For some reason, I thought you could only send gifts to people on your list, thought I now see that's a security option.

The Fluctus is absolutely amazing for a variety of reasons.  Its key strength is that it has infinite punch-through and a wide, powerful projectile.

In Archwing missions, it will tear through enemies, even if they're - for example - on the other side of the satellite you're defending.

In ground missions, it still has that great punch-through, which you can exploit in some interesting ways.  However, more often than not, I use it to solve bugs.  Have you ever had an enemy stuck deep underground or inside a wall that you needed to kill to progress?  The Fluctus solves that problem every time, turning what might have otherwise been a failed mission into a success.

I wouldn't recommend the Fluctus in Railjack, though; the slash damage it deals just isn't strong enough to matter against any of the fighters, and the projectiles are too slow to catch up with them as well.