Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross play is needed

(PSN)TSGlitchedShadow

DE if u reading this. Then u need to think of crossplay as it brings more people in cause everyone has a friend on a different platform but cant team up so you loss that customer etc. And plus if i play on pc and i go away on holiday but can only bring my ps4 or soon ps5 then i cant play on that account and no one really wants to start over such a mission. Coding it in is not that difficult im a code developer so I know but cant say anything

• Like 1

17 минут назад, (PS4)TSGlitchedShadow сказал:

DE if u reading this.

The don't, since this thread is in Off topic. If you wish your ideas to be read by the Devs - post them in feedback or fan concepts.

18 минут назад, (PS4)TSGlitchedShadow сказал:

Coding it in is not that difficult im a code developer so I know but cant say anything

surprised kenan thompson GIF

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, (PS4)TSGlitchedShadow said:

DE if u reading this. Then u need to think of crossplay as it brings more people in cause everyone has a friend on a different platform but cant team up so you loss that customer etc. And plus if i play on pc and i go away on holiday but can only bring my ps4 or soon ps5 then i cant play on that account and no one really wants to start over such a mission. Coding it in is not that difficult im a code developer so I know but cant say anything

They are working towards getting cross-save. Cross Play however is more than just a coding issue contracts have to be drawn up to be able to use multiple platforms and those platform owners need to be amenable to the idea and sign off on it. That and a great deal of service charges are applied for this. DE would have to foot the bill and handle the infastructure to merge all four platforms and provide support. It doesen't take a degree in differential calculus to see that could easily exceed their current maximum operating costs a few times over.

So far when the topic has been brought up in Dev streams and the community streams they have responded that cross-play will not happen. But you can look forward to cross-save at some point in the future.

Its all about the money friend. Its not cost effective right now so don't get your hopes up.

Its not simply a matter of core. But licensing agreements with de, consoles, and trnnogen artists.

Pc is always patches ahead of console and can do hotfixes on the fly.

Consoles have to certify patches and make sure it won't kill our systems. 

Full crossplay simply cant happen. De and the consoles have talked about cross progression though. Which is a doable reality.

Who knows if it will ever actually happen though.

• Like 1

Cross save is more realistic.

On 2020-06-21 at 5:27 AM, (PS4)TSGlitchedShadow said:

Coding it in is not that difficult im a code developer so I know but cant say anything

You have a future in project management LOL.

"How hard could this feature be?™️"