Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Answer De, What's The Purpose Of Removing Content?

Lenzerker

Im against tiered weapon system 

I am too, but that's beside the point. They say they want to do one thing, then go against what they say, telling everyone that they're going to do this now, then they do something that indicates that they are in fact, not going to do it.

Communication, DE. 

Those are not DE problems.

In fact you contradicted yourself there.

1) People rushing is beyond DE's control. 

Even if they added immense rewards, rushing is still better.

And people who screamed at RNG for boss farming got their wish, with guaranteed BP drops.

And you know what that encourages ?

MORE rushing. 

Because unlike the old system, where some people just log out if the part isn't what they fancy, the entire team has to extract to see what part they got.  So they go even faster but hey you wanted less farming right ?

2) Loads of enemies spawning.

With my Loki on solo, i rarely trigger alarms at all.

In fact, on Corpus maps, I have navigated entire rooms that were empty, it was boring as hell.

So I'm sorry, I don't see that problem, even if I messed up, I can get away with it.

3) Lock downs and double doors.

They ARE supposed to slow down rushing.

Contradiction much ?

4) Unbalances in a same mission.

Please kindly tell me what unbalances you get ?

Like the entire Grineer extermination consist of nothing but Scorchers and Napalms or something else ?

DE should seriously make the enemies chase down the first guy. It makes absolutely no sense for them to chase the last guy because they are letting the enemy(ies) getting away which is not their objective. I mean you are alerted, the enemies would have been warned that someone is moving ahead to quickly and getting away from ambushes.

Edited by Makemap

And people who screamed at RNG for boss farming got their wish, with guaranteed BP drops.

MORE rushing. 

Because unlike the old system, where some people just log out if the part isn't what they fancy, the entire team has to extract to see what part they got.  So they go even faster but hey you wanted less farming right ?

In fact, on Corpus maps, I have navigated entire rooms that were empty, it was boring as hell.

So I'm sorry, I don't see that problem, even if I messed up, I can get away with it.

Contradiction much ?

Like the entire Grineer extermination consist of nothing but Scorchers and Napalms or something else ?

answer:

2) after triggering the alarm you can't hide again, enemies keep coming and don't stop a second. you can make your mission without triggering the alarm, but it's boring right?

3) double doors are fine, lockdowns coming 4, 5 times in a same mission does not stop rushing, and it's anoying.

4) like when the mission is going ok, and in the next room there are 2, 3 heavies waiting, and kick your &#!. in solo how are you suppose to survive?

it may be only me who thinks those are anoying, but that's not my point, i see a lot of issues that still needs work. the point here is the new players, they can't get some mods, weapons, stuff... and what's the reason? i can't see.

I think some exclusive content is necessary. We support the game since very early stages. So is normal we have some exclusives.

I would agree with OP if the content numbers was very high. But not. Is not the case. Warframe in fact has few exclusive content right now.

I would agree if Vandal weapons release was frequent, because that would broke the in game balance. But Rebecca said they will not release Vandal weapons anymore because that.

Right now we have 5 exclusive content.

Founder content is not exclusive. Anyone can buy it.

About remove E. Daggers, Boar, Gorgon, Machete I agree with OP. I can't see reason for that.

I think some exclusive content is necessary. We support the game since very early stages. So is normal we have some exclusives.

I would agree with OP if the content numbers was very high. But not. Is not the case. Warframe in fact has few exclusive content right now.

I would agree if Vandal weapons release was frequent, because that would broke the in game balance. But Rebecca said they will not release Vandal weapons anymore because that.

About remove E. Daggers, Boar, Gorgon, Machete I agree with OP. I can't see reason for that.

There's no real problem with exclusives. But, they can't render all the non-exclusive content invalid. And Founder's content is exclusive, since it's going away in November (Well, going to be exclusive anyway).

The Snipetron had a valid reason for removal.

Pray tell what valid reason that was. Because it certainly isn't 'bullet weapons don't fit in the lore'. Last I checked the Braton fires bullets, even the Latron fires bullets. Best remove them too.

And there's no replacement rifle unless you want to grind all the way up to rank 7 for the Lanka, not to mention the dojo research to be done first or the high cost for both. Or use a bow, which suffers from so many problems from not being hit-scan in a potentially laggy game.

Coming back in recently from closed beta, this is one of the things I'm most annoyed about (Important mods being hard to get is another). Removing weapons that are either stronger than other weapons in the game (why is the Sweeper sentinel shotgun better than every shotgun except Strun Wraith?) or weapons that filled a niche like the Snipetron.

Edit: Also, most equipment was removed. I can't see any way to buy the ammo boxes I have left in my inventory.

Edited by Feragore

Considering the game hasn't been around that long, the game has a LOT of exclusive content and we are probably looking at a lot more in the near future.

Also there is a lot more than 5 exclusive items. Here is a list of everything that is either currently exclusive, or will be soon:

Braton Vandal

Lato Vandal

Snipetron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Snipetron

Gorgon

Ether Daggers

Boar

Machete

Lato Prime

Skana Prime

Excalibur Prime

Primed Chamber

Bow Ammo Mutation

Sniper Ammo Mutation

Pistol Ammo Mutation

Shotgun Ammo Mutation

Rifle Ammo Mutation

Easter colors

Valentine colors

Bastille day colors

Red, White, and Blue colors

IAH Braton Skin

I might be missing something. All Founder pack gear will become exclusive once founders ends. IAH Braton Skin becomes exclusive in December. That's a lot of exclusives for a game that isn't even out of beta.

Pray tell what valid reason that was. Because it certainly isn't 'bullet weapons don't fit in the lore'. Last I checked the Braton fires bullets, even the Latron fires bullets. Best remove them too.

2 Corpus bosses fire bullets as well. Edited by Grilleds

Raid was boring. Machete, Ether Daggers, Boar, and Gorgon were subpar choices of strictly superior versions. Everyone &!$$ed their pants when the Snipetron was removed without warning -- SVandal was an olive branch.

SWraith and Founder's items are exclusive items. They were never available to the general playerbase so they were never removed from the general playerbase. This extends to event exclusive mods as well (which, by last count, is ONLY Primed Chamber).

Raids being boring was your opinion. Also, even though these weapons you mention are subpar versions, it only takes the tweaking of code to bring them up to par number-wise. I like the look of the Gorgon, Ether Daggers and Machete. Although I don't enjoy shotguns, it doesn't take away from the fact that others might like the Boar in how it looks, sounds, and plays currently. Also, I don't exactly understand why there are exclusives at all in a beta "test". Doesn't that throw off the control variable of knowing what's in the game for everyone instead of giving some people other weapons (Variables to consider in gameplay mechanics)? If it's an open beta for all, make stuff for all. That way you know how everything balances out for all instead of some people with better weapons. 

MORE rushing. 

Contradiction much ?

This game is designed on rushing. You need something, you need to get through it to move on or have "that next best thing." Doors do slow down rushing, and lockdowns do as well, but is rushing really the bigger issue? Ideally, since the game mechanics support rushing, lockdowns and double doors are seen as hindrances and ways to combat that, but not fix the problem itself. If you don't want rushing, either play something else or plead for the Devs to revamp the whole gameplay mechanic;On most RPGs without a solid storyline that is integrated in everything you do or are doing, without dialog to stop and read or listen to, the main goal is to progress your character(s) to make them more powerful. The only way to do that is to either play through at a normal pace, grind out all those enemies, or rush through a mission to the very end for your reward. Most players, unless they like to explore the maps like I do every once and a while, will rush through. Defense missions are an exception. However, if chests or lockers gave our better rewards then ammo, health, energy or the occasional resource (Lets say the very small RNG drop of mods, from common to rare) it would give more incentive to explore the map. However they could vary it depending on the mission type (obviously exterminate missions would be easier, so less rare mods drop there; Sabotage with meltdown reactors: because the risk is higher when in meltdown, more difficult to explore = better mod drops from lockers, etc.)

Rushing is a player problem, not a game problem. The double doors are welcome.

Also I dont find many players in Phobos, its very rare to find some there. I usually do defense, survival, etc, alone in Phobos.

The Corpus outpost map also have few players, and most of the time I do survival alone on them (Ose and Triton).

Why this happens? Because the nubs only want to rush voidz, to get rare prime weaponz and then show them as a sign of status.

Rushing is most definitely not a player problem. Take any other RPG and it is not as much of a problem as I see in this game. I usually equate it to Borderlands 2. Although weapon variety in that is very wide (oh and look at that, wider variety actually does work in a game), the base elemental damages are very similar. However, there is a main storyline, entertaining side-quests, etc. that allow players to play at their own pace because those things aren't going anywhere, the story is interesting (to most, I'm speaking in generalities obviously), and gameplay dynamics are varied between enemies to stop and make you think: If I shoot that guy's helmet off...will he go berserk and kill me or others; I should shoot that pyro's fuel canisters to make quick work of him; I need to use caustic damage for this specific enemy, he has armor out the &#!; etc. People want to rush to void missions because...well S#&$ man those things look fuckin cool and, coincidentally do really good damage off the bat.

Personally, I love the Gorgon. I like the look of it. I think that taking out the Snipertron was stupid. In the wiki it was taken out for quote,  "According to the developers, the Snipetron's use of standard bullets as opposed to being a railgun or energy weapon did not fit the lore of the Corpus, and it was removed as a result." Oh, I'm sorry...there was a lore problem? Change the god damn animation to energy weapons then. Add in some lore bullS#&$ that it was converted to bullets because early Tenno didn't have access to energy weaponry (Or they modified it so it could cut down Grineer easier).Who cares? It's a game, make S#&$ up. Introducing the Lanka as a replacement, whose game mechanics work entirely different from the Snipetron, to make up for it is nice, but don't remove things and blame it on the fact that you got your own game lore wrong. This game is not even finished yet. Add more lore. 

answer:

2) after triggering the alarm you can't hide again, enemies keep coming and don't stop a second. you can make your mission without triggering the alarm, but it's boring right?

3) double doors are fine, lockdowns coming 4, 5 times in a same mission does not stop rushing, and it's anoying.

4) like when the mission is going ok, and in the next room there are 2, 3 heavies waiting, and kick your &#!. in solo how are you suppose to survive?

it may be only me who thinks those are anoying, but that's not my point, i see a lot of issues that still needs work. the point here is the new players, they can't get some mods, weapons, stuff... and what's the reason? i can't see.

2) Isn't that the point ? You screw up, you face the consequence.

3) Gotta prioritize targets if that is what you are facing,

In solo, i rarely have to hack more than twice.

4) Use your CC skills ?

I just go with the starters.

Loki: Radial disarm for grineer and corpus, cloak vs infested.

Excal: Slash dash twice and most enemy heavies won't catch up with you forever. Radial blind if you intend to kill them

Mag: Press 1 a few times and the whole room is cleared.

Generally unless you are soloing level 50+ missions and above (where you should have good gear) most ultimate skills will still one shot plenty of thrash enemies at level 40+ range.

Skills are meant to be used be when the odds are not in your favour. Unless you tell me you open the door and damn there are 3 heavies already with their fist raised for a knock down, then that's a problem (even then, an excal would have gotten through it with SD and Loki cloaked up).

In fact i have done T3 ext where enemies all spawn in the last 2 rooms, you will actually lag and die if you don't have trigger reactions. But that's ok, most of the time my Nyx can handle it :)

Edited by fatpig84

Considering the game hasn't been around that long, the game has a LOT of exclusive content and we are probably looking at a lot more in the near future.

Also there is a lot more than 5 exclusive items. Here is a list of everything that is either currently exclusive, or will be soon:

Braton Vandal

Lato Vandal

Snipetron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Snipetron

Gorgon

Ether Daggers

Boar

Machete

Lato Prime

Skana Prime

Excalibur Prime

Primed Chamber

Bow Ammo Mutation

Sniper Ammo Mutation

Pistol Ammo Mutation

Shotgun Ammo Mutation

Rifle Ammo Mutation

Easter colors

Valentine colors

Bastille day colors

Red, White, and Blue colors

IAH Braton Skin

I might be missing something. All Founder pack gear will become exclusive once founders ends. IAH Braton Skin becomes exclusive in December. That's a lot of exclusives for a game that isn't even out of beta.

2 Corpus bosses fire bullets as well.

Um, ammo mutation mods aren't exclusive. You can get them from non-void survivals and (very rarely) by transmuting.

I agree with the OP.  Removing stuff an never making it available again is just a way to make new players feel penalized and left out.  Also, not balancing weapons does ensure that there's not as much variety, and therefore less stuff to use/do, which does lead to a lack of game longevity.  It also makes players not able to pick the weapons that fit their personal style and playstyle and forces them to choose the strongest weapons, not their favorite ones.  And if those players can't play the way they want, they're less likely to keep playing and give money to the developers.

I don't understand why Digital Extremes makes so many exclusive and limited time items that are so great (especially the Strun Wraith) that only makes newer players left out.  Don't they realize that if this game is to be a success that they'll need a lot of growth, AKA lots of new players who WON'T have access to all the old exclusives?  That's not exactly a good way to welcome your new players, the lifeblood of your game.  "Hey, welcome to Warframe, look at all this cool stuff that the old veterans have which you will never ever be able to get ever (and some of it is best in class gear that trumps anything you can get right now no matter how long you play or how much money you spend).  You want to start paying real money for platinum now?"

I couldn't agree more.

In regards to the weapons, I think it's a relatively obvious point that they just don't know what they're wanting to do at this point.

First, Sidegrades.

Second, Tiered weapons. Alright.

So wait, they're removing Tier 1 weapons from the game because they aren't good enough/widespread enough any more? Why not adjust the Mastery then to encourage players to work with Tier 1 equivalents until they can earn Tier 2 equipment. You could set it up in such a way that each mastery rank unlocks a category or two of weapons, with a special thrown in for good measure

Tier 0 : Mk 1 BRATON, Lato, Skana, Machete and other weak Melee weapons

Tier 1 : BRATON, AkLato, Dual Skana, Dual Cleavers, BOAR, Dual Ether Daggers and the like

Tier 2 : Gorgon, Grakata, Bolto, Boltor, Glaive, Kestrel, etc

Tier 3 : -insert stuff here to your imagination-

This removal of weapons is silly. Tiers are supposed to have equivalents in other tiers, generally.

I also don't like tiered weapon systems. But it is a valid choice and it's better than removing content.

Exclusive content is not necessary. There are plenty of good games that don't use this kind of feature.

Also almost ALL PLAYERS supported the game, even if you never bought any platinum.

I bet that (if you liked the game) you told your friends about the game, that's so true that DE rewards players that recommends the game to others (https://warframe.com/referral).

The only exclusive that makes sense (at least for me) in the FOUNDER program is the DESIGN COUNCIL.

They could make the founders gear exclusive until a much later date, that would be resonable. And, as pointed by others, there are more than 5 exclusives.

Anyone can buy it? Really? Well only until November 1st and only if you have spare cash for it.

Also with the Grand Master Founder price you can buy at least 3 AAA games.

Bahaha i find it funny because you think that simply because you put "ANSWER DE." your gonna get some magical answer from them

DE might not see it, but you did. I got your attention. =P

Edited by Lenzerker

The Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime are there purely as rewards for the founders.  It's just a way for the developers to reward us for supporting them financially.  That's what the founders packs (especially the upper levels) are.  It's a show of financial support in the early stages of the game.

I really don't get why you seem to be so bent out of shape over it.  Though I will tell you, if the devs ever did make the founders items non-exclusive their game would die.  The forums exploded when the as-promised "exclusive" frost prime blueprint turned out to not be such.  That was from a weekend event.  Now imagine the wrath of the founders (DE's major paying customers that got them through beta with enough money to keep putting food on the table) if the thing they were promised as exclusive and paid for under the premise of exclusivity was made available.  It doesn't matter what timeframe we're talking.  The rage that would ensue would kill this game.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

DE might not see it, but you did. I got your attention. =P

1. But im not DE o.o, i click on everything on the forums xD

2. moderators and stuff see nearly everything, just because they dont reply on it doesnt mean that they dont see it, you should know this instead of demanding that they actually reply.

Plus if they do answer, then all this means is anyone can go rampaging on the forums shouting out "Hey de! answer this!" just to get a reply

It was clearly stated that stuff like braton vandal are exclusives. Stuff that exists in every game these days. So please. Stop whining about not being part of the game when it had event X / Y / Z where you got the chance to get it. 

/thread

The Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime are there purely as rewards for the founders.  It's just a way for the developers to reward us for supporting them financially.  That's what the founders packs (especially the upper levels) are.  It's a show of financial support in the early stages of the game.

I really don't get why you seem to be so bent out of shape over it.  Though I will tell you, if the devs ever did make the founders items non-exclusive their game would die.  The forums exploded when the as-promised "exclusive" frost prime blueprint turned out to not be such.  That was from a weekend event.  Now imagine the wrath of the founders (DE's major paying customers that got them through beta with enough money to keep putting food on the table) if the thing they were promised as exclusive and paid for under the premise of exclusivity was made available.  It doesn't matter what timeframe we're talking.  The rage that would ensue would kill this game.

You're absolutely right. The Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime are indeed prizes for founders that invested a large sum of money in-game, DE gave their word that the content will be never available again, so they can't turn back now. But while they're prizes what I'm suggesting that DE could have thought in different ways to reward those players instead of exclusive content.

With that said, I'm not suggesting that DE should make the Founders gear available to everyone at the current state because that indeed would ensure a lot of unhappy people. In my opinion the harm was already done and can't be undone regarding the Founders gear.

What I'm trying to bring to the table is the fact that exclusive content is a way to segregate people, rewarding some while punishing others (and as mentioned before, when money is the key factor it's even worse) and that they can stop it, also that removing content hurts the game deeply.

I'm worried about the future of the game.

1. But im not DE o.o, i click on everything on the forums xD

2. moderators and stuff see nearly everything, just because they dont reply on it doesnt mean that they dont see it, you should know this instead of demanding that they actually reply.

Plus if they do answer, then all this means is anyone can go rampaging on the forums shouting out "Hey de! answer this!" just to get a reply

You don't seem to get my point, it's a retorical question.

I actually don't hope that someone from DE shows up to say hello and answer that.

My goal is to bring the topic to the table and have people talking about it.

Edited by Lenzerker

It's clear to me people who play this don't grasp very real concepts of exclusivity, ownership, and fairness. Does DE need a reason to remove content they don't want on the game anymore? Of course they don't! Is it fair to new and existing players? You're being given ample time to buy the items as an existing players, and as a new player, you aren't joining the existing playerbase at a handicap:

1) If you had joined, missed the weapons, and can only obtain X/414,000 affinity, you were again given ample time, but you are now handicapped and it's your own fault. A small, negligible percentage ~2% will fall into some category where you joined and could not make money in time to buy every, or any of the weapons.

2) You just joined, the items have been phased out, you can obtain X/402,000 affinity, you are not handicapped, however, you will always have 12,000 less maximum affinity relative to a long standing player who doesn't fall into the above exception. You are now a regular player, and long-standing players have actually become an exception. There are always exceptions, and they're accounted for ahead of time. This is given you dont fall into the roughly 2% who somehow missed buying each weapon as a long-standing player.

Exclusive items, on the other hand, are a conscious choice by the developer. They don't change the dynamic of the game for anyone except for those who actually receive the item, this is built into the system. A player who owns every exclusive item will not outperform one who owns none, due to how this game functions as coop, and time invested is the only necessity for success. On the other end of the spectrum, however, you were again given ample time to receive any exclusive items, and those that you actually had to invest more than 15-20min into are now available as rewards in regular missions (i.e. vigor, lethal torrent, etc.).

To be very blunt, being upset at yourself for missing out on an event item is not the same as DE unfairly handing them out to certain players.

EDIT: To add exceptions to exceptions, exclusive items will be calculated into the all stated affinity caps in the above, creating more exceptions, however, those that wont affect brand new players.

Edited by Mosychuk

• 2 weeks later...

...and here we are, talking about exclusives then... Surprise! Surprise! Another event with more exclusives!

And that's not all, this time you can choose if you want Grineer stuff or Corpus stuff! Wait... you can't... you'll get the weapons from whomever wins the event... isn't that amazing!?

I'm really impressed... Good job DE, again!

...and yet, now we have another VANDAL. I wonder why...
Edited by Lenzerker

They claimed art style for this one, which to me screams laziness.

I don't normally jump to incendiary wording like that, but removing weapons "Because our game's aesthetic has been updated" is wasteful.
Why not update the weapons?

Updating the weapon(s) instead of removing them is a fairly solution to pretty much any excuses one could give for removing a weapon.