Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone understand DE's intentions?

Traumtulpe

Il y a 12 heures, Traumtulpe a dit :

I tried this, however I found enemies under the effect of an Arbitration Drone to be immune to Gas procs, as are the drones themselves. Care to explain this strategy of yours?

From my experience, the arbitration drone is not immune to the AoE damage ticks left by dead enemies, or at least, that's what I think after seeing arbitration drones explode for no apparent reason (I was doing solo). I think the key note here is that a stray enemy needs to die to the proc first.

However, I have seen counters to this when there is a shield osprey nearby.

Either that, or the gas AoE is more horizontal than spherical.

If it helps, I was using the catchmoon with gas damage.

Edited by Aadi880

On 2020-06-23 at 9:17 AM, Traumtulpe said:

Sometimes DE does things that are entirely beyond my comprehension. I was wondering whether anyone could come up with some sort of logic for their behavior, and will give 2 recent examples to discuss:

1. Gas damage. It was a useful, but not dominant, element. Until one day DE nerfed into uselessness. Among the many things they changed about it, they removed it's scaling entirely. This was assumed to be a bug, yet after DE "improved" the nerfed element due to uniform complaints, this supposed bug remains still in place, and Gas remains a dead element still - likely for years to come, if the past is any indicator. Why just make things worse, and then leave them nonfunctional, broken, ignored?
  2. The primary Kitgun nerf. DE nerfed Tombfingers build with the Tremor grip by 40%, about a week after their introduction. At the same time they buffed Tombfingers with the Brash grip to be 2x as strong as the nerfed variant. Literally. From a balance point of view, this just made things worse, whichever way you look at it. While at the same time upsetting players who build one before, and discouraging them from building any in the future - since without apparent rhyme or reason to this nerf, there can be no certainty what might happen with these guns tomorrow.

Seeing behavior that appears to go against reason, that would seem to inflict harm without benefit, the demerit of which should be impossible to overlook, just bothers me. Any attempt at an explanation is welcome.

DE has no direction for the game in general OR has one and will never share said vision with us, if we knew what's their exact plan we could have more realistic expectations but I am pretty sure if they shared it with us a lot of players would leave out of disgust.

• Like 1

I think they're chasing "balance". The problem is that chasing balance is like chasing the hottest member of your preferred sex, the more you chase, the harder they run away from you. DE just can't seem to figure that one out, or lacks the competency to do it even half arsed right. In their behalf, no one else seems that much better at it.

So we run up against two opposing methods. First is the method they used with the Catchmoon secondary. Make it absurdly overpowered so that everyone wants it, people spend plat to get it, formas to work it up and plat to get a good riven. Then once that's done, nerf it repeatedly until most who loved it stop using it. Bramma went the same way. Wash, rinse and repeat. Ka-Ching! And, everyone hates you.

Then you have the method they seem to be employing with the Catchmoon primary. Release it horribly underpowered, few build it or use it. Then slowly over time buff it to where it's half arsed usable, but by then no one wants it or is willing to risk resources on it, so if you accidentally make it OP no one will notice because just about everyone has scrapped it months ago. So you're safe from the mob, and that's always a good thing, but where's the profit in that? Where's the accolades?

Here's how I'd do it. I'd do the best I could to make money until I couldn't stand the mob mentality anymore, then I'd sell the company to the highest bidder, bank the money and head home to my 10 car garage, drink beer (NOT Canadian beer!) and build custom trucks.

Edited by 3rdpig