Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid

(PSN)STR8L8CED

Hydroid's tentacles have been extremely unreliable for as long as I can remember. 

Focusing on small duration and chokepoints can help, but they can still be frustratingly bad at their jobs. 

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg with Hydroid. 

His rework added a whole bunch of features and synergies, but it also makes him really energy dependent, for not a lot of payoff. 

He had a brief popularity for a while back in the day before they nerfed lootdroid. 

• Like 1

There is a Cap to the amount of enemies that the Tentacles can grab at once. If a large enough group of enemies runs through them, they wont be able to grab them all.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

He had a brief popularity for a while back in the day before they nerfed lootdroid. 

From what i remember the Nerf was reversed.

8 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There is a Cap to the amount of enemies that the Tentacles can grab at once. If a large enough group of enemies runs through them, they wont be able to grab them all.

From what i remember the Nerf was reversed.

I just checked the patch notes on the wiki. 

As far as I can tell, this change has never been reversed: 

Hotfix 17.0.4

The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.

Unless you are talking about this: 

Update 25.8

Warframe Looting Ability Changes

Warframe Loot Abilities will again be able to yield multiple-drops from already looted corpses. A single enemy can be looted by at most one Ability from each group - which is how it worked before, this just clarifies it. Warframe Looting Abilities have been split into separate functionality groups for clarity:

1. Loot while alive: Ivara
  2. Loot petrified: Atlas
  3. Loot on death: Wukong, Khora, Hydroid. An enemy can only be killed once, they can’t ‘die’ multiple times.
  4. Loot corpse: Nekros, Chesa

I believe DE's compromise was that Hydroid's tentacles would now only require kill assists, instead of straight up kills, to get the extra loot.

Edited by Tesseract7777