Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Baby Sit With Ivara ?

Lutesque

Question

So I finally made Ivara Prime my 2nd most used Warframe.... but naturally this does not mean I know how to play her... Anyway Shes great in Eidolon Hunts, Capture Missions, Rescue Missions and even Survival... Surprisingly enough shes really underwhelming in Spy Missions... Ivara is a Huntress.. not a Sneaky Spy...

However if theres one area where I really struggle with Ivara its any mission where I have baby sit some in animate object, like an Excavator.

What Ive been doing is I plonk down a Wisp Specter and hop on my Dashwire and start unloading my weapon into any approaching enemies... but Thats not really Ivara Baby SItting an Objective... I tried doing the Samething with out the Wisp Specter and the Objective always takes alot of damage... The New Augment allows me to increase Sleep Arrows Effectiveness but its not effective at Baby Sitting Objectives, Atleast not at 200% Duration, Noise Arrows dont work... like at all... even after putting the enemy to sleep and letting them wake to Reset their States, they just ignore the Noise Arrow.  CLoak Arrow was Nerfed Ages ago.... it only works on things that are capable of moving on their own like Eperimental Drones in the Plaines.

SO What do I do ? How can I make my Huntress the Number One Nanny ? 

Haven't taken her to excavations recently, but it has helped with Arbitration/sortie defence targets. Plus it allows for status immunity while meleeing. 

Noise, I stand corrected, it's useless with alerted enemies. Last I used it was in Spy. Sleep still works. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, oreom said:

Haven't taken her to excavations recently, but it has helped with Arbitration/sortie defence targets. Plus it allows for status immunity while meleeing. 

Noise, I stand corrected, it's useless with alerted enemies. Last I used it was in Spy. Sleep still works. 

Why do you put enemies to SLeep in Spy Vaults ? 

Even before Parazon mods I would immediately Beeline Straight to the Vault without worrying about Enemies... In most Situations they are not going to get to the Alarms before I get to the Vault...

Couple of tips for you Lutesque. Firstly noise arrows will work but not if you have a specter active and not if you're visible. They only work if it is the only source of noise on the map. For baby sitting you can use cloak arrows with a little range to hide excavators, consoles etc, this will prevent them shooting the objective from range and allows you to sleep them more effectively with high duration and range build. I recommend a silenced rapid fire secondary for popping nully bubbles as they're your only real concern. Your primary is up to your personal preference. You honestly shouldn't require a specter, it just draws attention while you could instead be invisible on a dashwire just chillin. Ivara is a great frame, very versatile, definitely don't use her for Spy though, it's way too slow. Have fun!

• Like 1

Hi Lutesque !

Also being a big fan of ivara with over 1k hours on her, i do struggle as well making her work in defense missions ; and i rarely pick her in excavation.

Best thing i use so far if just high range build + cable + redeemer with Atk Speed on the riven + vazarin, but i havn't seen the effects of vazarin on objectives since the rework. Also, i bring in a support secondary and/or primary (azima / ferrox) to try to get a bit more control - though it's mostly for the fun.

On all other types of mission there's a solution but this is maybe the only case where ivara struggles

Edited by CloudATL

Anyone claiming you can use Cloak Arrow on Excavators clearly hasnt played Ivara in a very long time... That S#&$ got nerfed ages ago...I confirmed it Yesterday... Cloaked an Excavator with 280% Range just to make sure I got it covered... Enemies Saw right through it and killed it...

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Anyone claiming you can use Cloak Arrow on Excavators clearly hasnt played Ivara in a very long time... That S#&$ got nerfed ages ago...I confirmed it Yesterday... Cloaked an Excavator with 280% Range just to make sure I got it covered... Enemies Saw right through it and killed it...

Worked just fine on the console in today's sortie. You shouldn't be using so much range to cloak them. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Oh well, works on the mobile defense ones. I guess you can always just use Vazarin dash on Excavators still.

Nooo you cant... that was NErfed too... 

So many nerfs... 

Did you know they Nerfed the pet Link Mods too ? Its not related to this topic but If it ever comes up in the future  then you will; atleast know that it doesnt work either

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Nooo you cant... that was NErfed too... 

So many nerfs... 

Did you know they Nerfed the pet Link Mods too ? Its not related to this topic but If it ever comes up in the future  then you will; atleast know that it doesnt work either

Yeh I knew about that, the worst one is actually the zenistar being nerfed so you can't use zen disc plus pack leader to make your pet invincible anymore. It was nice for long runs when farming extra resources. Vazarin dash still works though, been using it in arbis for ages. Tiresome to do but it makes the objective un-killable.