Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Invisibility Effect tint

Lazarow

I havent played Loki in a while and not sure if its a bug or was like that but I ran 2 missions on Mars and while Loki is using his invisibility the whole screen gets covered in this yellowish tint which makes everything look bad and it hurts my eyes

Yeah, colour "correction" is the cause of your problem. Ordinarily, I'd just say to turn it off and then be done with it, but the issue here is that we have no idea what's going to be mandatory in the future. For instance, we used to have a setting to toggle adaptive exposure. Naturally, I switched it off the moment it appeared because it very obviously ruined the game and never thought about it again.

That became a problem when DE forced adaptive exposure on us a couple of updates ago. Now the game is constantly going though this hideous mess of black screens, white screens and effects which now have a contrast level so artificially high that it actively hurts my eyes.

So yeah - turning off colour "correction" will fix the problem now, but the underlying system of what it implements really needs to be fixed before DE force that on us as well and ruin more things.

Archived