Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Heavy Caliber

Keetsune

Did you guys saw how maxed Heavy Caliber affect the Ogris accuracy? :D It's not even close to -55%. It's like about -550%.

Why the hell RARE mod with extremely annoying negative effect have absoulutely the same poisitive effect like an UNCOMMON mod already have?

If this negative effect stays the same then positive effect should be buffed or reduce Serration gain per rank. It's make no sense that Rare mods in this game in 90% cases is worse than Uncommon or even Common.

They were meant to be used with their original versions.

WTF you talking about? First of all you don't even understand my point, secondly this mod wasn't meant to be used with "something", this mod is just another random addition in this game without any sense.

Stabilizer + Heavy caliber  you are ok with this combo anyone try it?

Stabilizer = Recoil

Heavy Caliber = Accuracy

And any way even if it could work: why the hell we should use 2 RARE mods to receive same effect like 1 UNCOMMON mod? I could understand that if Heavy Caliber had 30% gain per rank.

Edited by Keetsune

Calm down and see the reality. Heavy Caliber can be stacked with Serration, that's what makes it good. What do you want them to do? Have 0 spread? Heavy Caliber is still OP now.

In this case Serration is OP not Heavy Caliber.

Edited by Keetsune

Heavy Caliber also costs more mod points than Serration, despite its negative effect. I haven't gotten around to farming corrupted mods yet, so I might be intruding here. Personally, Heavy Caliber definitely looks underpowered.

Stabilizer = Recoil

Heavy Caliber = Accuracy

And any way even if it could work: why the hell we should use 2 RARE mods to receive same effect like 1 UNCOMMON mod? I could understand that if Heavy Caliber had 30% gain per rank.

answer to your question is very simple - heavens, you SCHOULD NOT !!! if you dont feel it is worthy use only the one UNCOMMON mod. nobody is using all the mods in the game. some people find some of them more useful than other. your personal choice;)

Edited by egypt

I'm pissed about the new form of the mod. The increased recoil, you can fight to some extent with Stabilizer and Vile Precision. But you can't do jack about increased spread.

I don't have Heavy Caliber yet, but now I don't know if I'm going to bother looking for it anymore. The guns I really want to use it on already have a great deal of spread, and this new version of the corrupted mod will likely make them useless past shotgun range.

Congrats, guys. In your attempt to make this mod not OP for recoiless guns, you've made it UP for anything else... *sigh*

I'm &!$$ed about the new form of the mod. The increased recoil, you can fight to some extent with Stabilizer and Vile Precision. But you can't do jack about increased spread.

I don't have Heavy Caliber yet, but now I don't know if I'm going to bother looking for it anymore. The guns I really want to use it on already have a great deal of spread, and this new version of the corrupted mod will likely make them useless past shotgun range.

Congrats, guys. In your attempt to make this mod not OP for recoiless guns, you've made it UP for anything else... *sigh*

Exactly, I don't understand why DE strives to ruin their game, finally rendering most of the good and funny items/mods/weapons useless.

Actually now heavy caliber makes more sense with weapons like braton or soma instead of no recoil weapons.

"Why does rare mods have worse/same stats as uncommon"

pretty simple, CAUSE EACH DUAL/VAULT MOD IS RARE AND IT DOESNT REFLECT THEIR TRUE VALUE.

The spread's pretty insane, yes, but the nature of these mods is so people can stack them on-top of their regular counterparts, for extreme specialization at the cost of large penalties. Also, stacking raw damage boosts gives important elements bigger effects (AP, or other elements depending on faction), but you're supposed to evaluate whether or not you want to live with the penalty. The old heavy caliber had a completely ignoreable penalty on a lot of weapons, and that was wrong. Even fleeting expertise, as silly as it is, has a negative effect on at least one key power of all warframes, even if that power tends to be ignored.

If anything, increased spread seems more like something you'd put on a Corrupted Multi-shot mod (Not saying it has to happen, but it seems a more reasonable combination than increased damage -> Bullets go everywhere but where you're pointing.)

That, or they work on some sort of spread reducing mod. It doesn't need to completely negate the effect of Heavy Caliber, but it'd make the trade-off more appealing to know you could reduce the penalty.

Dont even want to use my ogris anymore with that heavy caliber, never I will know where sky rockets fly

It's like russian roulette to shoot form ogris with max rank HC mod :D Even if to shoot in parallel with floor you still have a chance to kill yourself :D

To those that said “well this is what a corrupted mod supposed to do, deal with it”, I disagree.

The new change to heavy caliber makes little sense in relation to other corrupted mods.

Sorry, the way heavy caliber behaves is NOT how a corrupted mod behaves.

Take a close look at our new corrupted mods. Take a look at their negatives then take a look at their positive aspect. For almost every, if not every mods with negative effect, there is a mod currently in game to counter balance it. The player has a choice to pair corrupted mod with others to cancel out some of its effect. Now, let me ask you, what mod, in this game, has an effect of increase accuracy? So please don’t insist on the bull S#&$ “oh this is what it’s supposed to be in the first place”

I am perfectly fine with some negative impact on heavy caliber. Extra recoil, added recoil, hell, even smaller mag size due to larger bullet/higher consumption; but no, the current decrease in accuracy is simply a lazy and rushed fix that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

Edited by Innosin

Y' know, you can just... not use the mod, or something.

It's not like Heavy Caliber is a mandatory addition to all weapons. We could, and can kill things just fine without additional 165% damage. 

I agree with the fact that this mod is useless on some weapons, like Ogris, which puts much emphasis on single-shot accuracy. 

But you have to understand that all Corrupted Mods are good in some gear, and bad for others. You just have to find which Mod goes in where. 

For example, the mod can be still managable in some weapons. Take a look at this video:

Although the mod isn't maxed out in the video, we can see that Heavy Caliber could be very much viable in some weapons in close-quarter combat... which isn't hard to find, since majority of this game takes place in-doors and in tight corridors where you easily find yourself within arm's reach of an enemy. 

Bottomline: You are complaining about this mod because it doesn't work for a single weapon: Ogris. Try and understand that Corrupted Mods (unlike regular mods) have place and purpose for it, and requesting a buff for this Mod just because it doesn't work with a weapon that it's not suppose to work it, is neither reasonable nor convincing.

Y' know, you can just... not use the mod, or something.

It's not like Heavy Caliber is a mandatory addition to all weapons. We could, and can kill things just fine without additional 165% damage. 

I agree with the fact that this mod is useless on some weapons, like Ogris, which puts much emphasis on single-shot accuracy. 

But you have to understand that all Corrupted Mods are good in some gear, and bad for others. You just have to find which Mod goes in where. 

For example, the mod can be still managable in some weapons. Take a look at this video:

Although the mod isn't maxed out in the video, we can see that Heavy Caliber could be very much viable in some weapons in close-quarter combat... which isn't hard to find, since majority of this game takes place in-doors and in tight corridors where you easily find yourself within arm's reach of an enemy. 

Bottomline: You are complaining about this mod because it doesn't work for a single weapon: Ogris. Try and understand that Corrupted Mods (unlike regular mods) have place and purpose for it, and requesting a buff for this Mod just because it doesn't work with a weapon that it's not suppose to work it, is neither reasonable nor convincing.

I do agree that the mod does have its purpose, but after watching that video, the negative effect seems to be far more severe on the Ogris than on the other guns shown.

I do agree that the mod does have its purpose, but after watching that video, the negative effect seems to be far more severe on the Ogris than on the other guns shown.

That goes straight back to the point where I said this Mod's negative side effect has heavier impact on single-shot guns that really require accuracy. 

Read my last post we are complaining not because there is a negative, but there is no other mod to counter its negative

I don't think we should be even trying to "counter" the negative effect of the mod with another mod. If you do this, you're essentially using up two mod slots (and capacity!) to gain one main benefit... which goes against all forms of common sense. 

I think what DE intended for us to do, was to use this mod where the negative highly out-weighs the positive.

For example, Heavy Caliber would be better on Flux, or Ignis, where the player would be using the weapon in close-quarter anyway, relative to Paris, Snipers, and Orgris, which really rely on accuracy of the weapon to deliver its blows.

A non-weapon example would be Narrow Minded mod, for Warframes, that takes away power range but gives you more power duration. Instead of taking up a whole mod slot and additional 9 mod capacity to use Stretch mod along with this corrupted mod to counter the negative effects, it was designed to be used in Warframes, like Loki, where power range doesn't really matter, but immensely helps out with his bread-and-butter skill, Invisibility. 

I hope I didn't lose you there.